What is FDEV doing and what happened to Brabens dreams?

I love Elite and I have been a part of this Universe since the original Beta. I don´t want to see Elite die but if Odyssey fails, FDEV will likely abandon Elite and right now Odyssey is failing. I am sure that the developers are hard at work but the lacking insight is just bothering.

"Odyssey is dying" :confused:

I'm hoping that "Failure is not an option", and that all the issues will be sorted. But for now, I'm not going to install it, and will stick with Horizons.

I'm struggling to reply as I have the same issue Mick has about the word gizz...!

That aside though, I do like your theory of circular physics, and the newly discovered hazzing paradox. The Hazzing Paradox is much like the circle of life, or the Hakuna Matata syndrome, from the famous naturalist documentary, the Lion King.

Ergo, if you agree, I propose we name this new theoretical physics discovery of yours as, Hazuna Mastuphsa Syndrome? I value your input Professor Fennster, and that of Pr. Mick as well - if nothing more than to keep a light side to the otherwise angry forums?!

We shall have to consider the temporal resolution of the stuphs that have already been hazzed though, as they are currently in my garage. It is possible that I am able to transcend dimensions, when I go into the Hazzed Garage, but until now I hadn't noticed. I shall try to order a pizza from within the Hazzed Garage tomorrow to see if it is indeed in a different dimension of space-time.

(I'd like to call it the gizzing paradox but things won't end well with this).

Edit - for clarity, it is more of an old shed than a garage.
My logic, stuff stuphz wherever stuphz fits and they can gizz wherever they goes

Attachments

• textures.jpg
    textures.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 81
What are they doing?
They're still counting that preorder money and ing themselves laughing while some (many) of us can't play the game at all. Can't update, can't login and can't get anything from a support ticket b/c it's the weekend.
Absolutely brilliant launch.

They aren't. if you can't handle a double entendre, what the heck are you doing in a forum on the internet? 🤷‍♂️

I got warned and my post removed for typing "" on here before.

But that's beside the point. You don't have to explain that it's a double entendre. I was just wondering why they're spamming this thread with it. It seems to be an inside joke and not a particularly clever or funny one.

EDIT: testing

Last edited by a moderator:
I got warned and my post removed for typing "" on here before.

But that's beside the point. You don't have to explain that it's a double entendre. I was just wondering why they're spamming this thread with it. It seems to be an inside joke and not a particularly clever or funny one.

EDIT: testing
Because someone has to keep posts lighthearted and jovial😉

Last edited by a moderator:
ED had record high player count on Steam as well. It's not the end at all imo.
some of those people sitting in the launcher or main menu trying to get into the game, including me. if they gonna take that out it will have lesser pop really playing the game

I remeber some of the DEVS and many Elite Dangerous Content Creators saying that the "Alpha" was just a tiny slice of Odyssey in it´s entirety. There arent many new things though. Yes a few more settlements a couple of guns and some suit skins but other than that there are not many new things compared to the "Alpha". This isn´t worth the money anyone paid. There are countless problems like the UI being a complete mess and lighting just broken. The Texture update is nice though.

I don´t know what they are thinking but they should at least release a roadmap. I am not asking for specific Dates or anything but at least tell us what is in the Works and what isn´t!

I love Elite and I have been a part of this Universe since the original Beta. I don´t want to see Elite die but if Odyssey fails, FDEV will likely abandon Elite and right now Odyssey is failing. I am sure that the developers are hard at work but the lacking insight is just bothering.

I am not trying to hate on FDEV here. They have done some good work in the past and Elite has been a literal part of my life but I am seriously trying to understand what is happening here.

no you "Can´t haz my stuff"
Kinda feel like Braben is hands well in the pie and he might actually be the culprit for some issues . Example he blocked Braben Bobblehead from returning.

The only thing that is working since a couple of years when a patch is deployed is the store and the Arx-Thing. Now figure out where FD has shifted its priorities to. If Brabens dream was a FPS with 2005-like animation he should maybe smoke some weed to get his creativity back.

Top Bottom