Why do people insist on using the incorrect O7 for a salute?

I find it a lot more bizarre that people actually pronounce it out loud in voice comms or on streams."Oh-seven" is the silliest thing one keeps hearing all the time. It's a legit shortcut for fast typing, bickering about variants aside, but such stupefying of language makes my toenails curl every time.
You dislike the air traffic controllers in the game, then? Cuz they say it.

You dislike the air traffic controllers in the game, then? Cuz they say it.
I don't even remember when was the last time I came across one, roaming far away from the bubble... I dislike most aspects of human forms of regulation, where it becomes necessary there's just too many of them :D
I mean no disrespect to streamers, some I like to watch of course also use this. It's just one little detail of the game's culture I find a bit absurd, which also renders OP's complaint rather obsolete in my view, that's all.

The proper salute in both the UK and US armed services is performed with the right arm, the portion of the arm between the elbow and shoulder parallel to the ground, elbow to fingertip straight. So while it's not perfect, <Ois a far better representation than O7. I'm starting the trend. Out with with O7, in with <O !!!!
Back in the days we used the left arm salute to annoy officers mainly.

o/ S

Top Bottom