Why do people insist on using the incorrect O7 for a salute?

interestingly, I'm told that air traffic controllers say this in transmissions with aircraft now. They say "Oh Seven" Captain or Flight 12345. when closing out radio transmissions. Like it's catching on in the non-gaming world. I was on a private flight and overheard it on the pilot's radio and did a double take.
The in-game traffic controllers say "oh seven" to you as you leave sometimes.

Thus, from in-game evidence, o7 is correct, regardless of whatever else anyone might think! :D

"flipyourtext.com" gives me these potential alternatives...
options.png

But, my curiosity got the better of me - what would it actually look like inverted?
correct.png

Is that like "True Explorers"? (drinks)
Kinda. Early explorers might be more of suited to be called "pioneers" due that they where out there as first ones to see things and tag things, long long before neutron highways or carriers or even engineering.

I think it was in circulation much later than 2016-2017 as I remember it, and the 'interesting' youtuber, associated with it. (but then, I did associate with 'known gankers'...)
Not really much later, my memory aint is that much good to remember details of each "era" when exacly and how, but it was during Eravate golden days, quite many months later after engineering came out. 2016-2018, somewhere along.

I find it a lot more bizarre that people actually pronounce it out loud in voice comms or on streams."Oh-seven" is the silliest thing one keeps hearing all the time. It's a legit shortcut for fast typing, bickering about variants aside, but such stupefying of language makes my toenails curl every time.

I find it a lot more bizarre that people actually pronounce it out loud in voice comms or on streams.
I find much of the language used by some streamers and players of this game (in-game comms) to be pretty bizarre...
"Oh-seven" is the silliest thing one keeps hearing all the time.
Is it? Listen more?

Said inconsistencies and annoyances being the principal reason I elect to listen only to streamers that are reasonably coherent and have a less-than-limited vocabulary...

Last edited:
I find it a lot more bizarre that people actually pronounce it out loud in voice comms or on streams."Oh-seven" is the silliest thing one keeps hearing all the time. It's a legit shortcut for fast typing, bickering about variants aside, but such stupefying of language makes my toenails curl every time.
Maybe you just wasnt brought up like we woz :ROFLMAO:
As someone who grew up in a mining village!

O7

It's a meme.

Do not question memes.
A meme is something you come across, get triggered to forward it to all your contacts, and then it wanes. Hopefully. The expressions that stick are powerful metaphors.

Is it? Listen more?

Said inconsistencies and annoyances being the principal reason I elect to listen only to streamers that are reasonably coherent and have a less-than-limited vocabulary...
Not everything gets better by repetition. But yes, when you hear people talk you always know who cares and who doesn't, who maintains a pleasant cultural spam filter or who does the opposite out of spite.

Top Bottom