Winter 2023 DLC Speculation

Great lineups suggested! So do we think it’s possible fall will be a temperate oriented pack and winter a taiga or highlands pack - or switched around of course.

Or are those two themes too similar to do back to back?

Great lineups suggested! So do we think it’s possible fall will be a temperate oriented pack and winter a taiga or highlands pack - or switched around of course.

Or are those two themes too similar to do back to back?
I don’t think they’re too similar, especially if we only get scenery for one. Imo I think our options are:

Fall pack is probably gonna be a scenery pack, ive seen some people think it’s gonna be an animal pack back to back but I doubt it, since the only reason they switched it last year was to fit with Halloween theme. I’d say either a Children’s Zoo Pack with Mara, Squirrel Monkey, etc. which I personally don’t want but I know a lot of people do. I don’t want it cause the free updates keep getting smaller so we probably won’t get any big changes, as well as there aren’t a lot of exciting animals imo. I prefer a Temperate Pack with log cabin scenery and with Tasmanian Devil and Wild Boar being the headliners, or an Arboreal Pack with Tamandua and Tree Kangaroo, but temperate is probably more likely cause it’s the opposite of NA pack.

Winter should be a Mountains Animal Pack for sure. There’s so many options for animals, Spectacled Bear, Pallas Cat (I need it), Wolverine, Takin, Markhor, Pheasant, Baboon, etc. Plus the theme of mountains fit better with winter than fall.

I don’t think they’re too similar, especially if we only get scenery for one. Imo I think our options are:

Fall pack is probably gonna be a scenery pack, ive seen some people think it’s gonna be an animal pack back to back but I doubt it, since the only reason they switched it last year was to fit with Halloween theme. I’d say either a Children’s Zoo Pack with Mara, Squirrel Monkey, etc. which I personally don’t want but I know a lot of people do. I don’t want it cause the free updates keep getting smaller so we probably won’t get any big changes, as well as there aren’t a lot of exciting animals imo. I prefer a Temperate Pack with log cabin scenery and with Tasmanian Devil and Wild Boar being the headliners, or an Arboreal Pack with Tamandua and Tree Kangaroo, but temperate is probably more likely cause it’s the opposite of NA pack.

Winter should be a Mountains Animal Pack for sure. There’s so many options for animals, Spectacled Bear, Pallas Cat (I need it), Wolverine, Takin, Markhor, Pheasant, Baboon, etc. Plus the theme of mountains fit better with winter than fall.
What about mountain/temperate for the fall and arboreal for the winter?

They ditched the cold weather last year for grasslands so it could be possible.

Based on what?
slide_2.jpg

Screenshot_20230811_135136_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230811_135113_Chrome.png

December is their most profitable month, it would be foolish to not release a DLC at that time, an even worse way to go is to release it in January cause December and Christmas is over.
While Frontier's taken the option of December releases, I always wonder why they didn't choose to go for something in late November instead - more time for the holiday market, though I guess that it doesn't matter so much when it comes to digital.

While Frontier's taken the option of December releases, I always wonder why they didn't choose to go for something in late November instead - more time for the holiday market, though I guess that it doesn't matter so much when it comes to digital.
We also get the anniversary animal in that same month of November. Honeslty that 3 month period from October to December is the best time to play. A DLC in October, new animal in November, then another DLC in December.

Continental Pack. Pretty much a mountains/highlands pack. Roster will be two ungulates (takin and markhor), the Pallas cat, and the wolverine. Exhibit animal will probably be a regular one.
That seems like the type of lineup Frontier would go with. It even has another feline! Which, is what I'd replace since we just got our 11th feline in the Arid pack. It wouldn't be continental but a Spectacled Bear would fit the mountain theme. I guess if this ends up being a theme and the bear doesn't make it in, the chance it will come later is almost nil. Well, that's what mods are for but I'm not jumping on it just yet.

The Gelada is another often mentioned highlands candidate. The Hamadryas Baboon is found in mountains but it's not the majority of their range, however, I'd definitely be glad if they were included simply because they were greatly missed in the Arid Pack.

The Wolverine is a must for me for this pack, and if they don't make it in I may cry. Don't make a grown man cry Frontier! They could also make it in a Tundra type of pack. The Markhor seems like a really good inclusion for a herbivore but so does the Takin. We could get both though.

Exhibit's definitely a hard one here. I keep wishing we'd get a bird but I'm feeling that's less and less likely. I have no idea what it could be then.

It even has another feline! Which, is what I'd replace since we just got our 11th feline in the Arid pack.
For the past year and a half we've gotten a new feline every other pack. Not saying this would be a pattern they have to follow, just noticing it now. Plus I would be sad if we didnt get the Pallas Cat, it seems like the perfect clone animal since we just got a small cat rig.

Top Bottom