Any teamwork driven CMDRs in Valheim?

Finally found silver - what a heavy birth. As compensation I cheesed it getting it to the base. There is a plateau with more and I gathered more obsidian too. Must be 4 stacks now - maybe enough for better arrows. got Wolf armour and cape and Draugr fang bow of it with odd update. Looked at the silver shield too. No further egg so far tho.

Spent all silver on upgrades. Sword of silber too. Found out I need trader for club upgrade but I cant be bothered. Seems kinda useless vs frosty enemies and I would need to switch worlds. Out of 5 worlds I only ever found him once.
Got 2 eggs but no Moder location. And no onions. There is a slightly lower plateau of this mountain biiome I can still explore and I might move the portal a but. Still havent fiddled with taming.

5 eggs, no Moder loca, no onions. Spent a session looking for mountains and found another decently sized. They are rarer than swamps for sure. Took the silver sword on excursion and gave the landing site (Black Forest) a good Viking treatment. Good times.
Draugr Fang does decent job in mountain but not quitee oneshots the drakes.

I know some these))
spawn [item name] [quantity] [item level] - the code to create a specified item next to the character. There are a lot of things in Valheim, but their list with descriptions can be easily found on the Internet. debugmode - enabling or disabling the so-called "Creative Mode". When this is enabled you will be able to use the Z key to fly freely through the game world, the K key to kill all enemies around you and the B key to be able to repair items without a workbench. god - classic God Mode. You become invulnerable to any attacks and threats, while your own attacks will knock out anyone with a single blow. With this cheat, traveling through the game world becomes an easy walk
It never occurred to me to do that - the map is basically tainted after that. The cheese I do is just exploiting mechanics, like switching worlds to transport ore.

It never occurred to me to do that - the map is basically tainted after that. The cheese I do is just exploiting mechanics, like switching worlds to transport ore.
You could always try the map seed world generator as it can show all the potential boss locations.

Get someone else to look at the result for you if you just want to know he exists :)

Last edited:
You could always try the map seed world generator as it can show all the potential boss locations.

Get some else to look at the result for you if you just want to know he exists :)
Nah, looking at a map isn't really ruining it. Me using that knowledge has a high chance of ending up at the wrong location.

I do things properly the first time, including hauling silver etc from one place to another by boat, but thereafter if I can't be bothered spending the time chopping wood, mining ore, or transporting metal then I use the spawn commands. I don't use the map reveal as for me exploration is a lot of the game.

I've got plenty of hours out of the game and now only play it in fits and starts, and today I had a bit of fun building my latest base on top of a crypt entrance. It looks pretty good, makes me laugh, it's right next to a surtling fire-spawn point and has permanent lighting from the green torches. All in all, it's a hoot!

I do things properly the first time, including hauling silver etc from one place to another by boat, but thereafter if I can't be bothered spending the time chopping wood, mining ore, or transporting metal then I use the spawn commands. I don't use the map reveal as for me exploration is a lot of the game.

I've got plenty of hours out of the game and now only play it in fits and starts, and today I had a bit of fun building my latest base on top of a crypt entrance. It looks pretty good, makes me laugh, it's right next to a surtling fire-spawn point and has permanent lighting from the green torches. All in all, it's a hoot!
I considered a swamp base once, but the place creeps me out. It's how the terrain impedes movement. I can face any horror when I can leg it. In the swamp I leg it in slow-mo. It's also slow-mo running into a horrible trap. You witness your demise in slow-mo. A real nightmare.

Mistlands has been ('fully') released today.

Which is near perfect timing as my new play through was on the cusp of reaching them!!

I must tell Mrs PiLhEaD that I'll be late for dinner, possibly bed, and maybe breakfast......

Last edited:
Uncovered two more mountain biomes but they appear small. One has a ruin I need to revisit and check if I overlooked the stone that tells the boss - the other I have yet to explore. Still no signs of the dragon, thus. Tried figuring out what I left last and destroyed an onion, but I had spare, luckily and seed onion is now planted. Every time I cross the water I fear the serpent spawns and catches me off guard or I mess up the controls and fall out the boat or such.

And I died on the mountain and didn't set the portal. Now I'm stranded at the foot of the mountain naked and no way home ticket. This is the part I really hate about this game. All I did was forgetting to set my spawn point. No idea how to get out of this crap. Maybe by exploiting world switching. No idea. Could use the other character maybe, in any case - it's rather unwieldy. What happens if I destroy my spawn bed? Couldn't even collect the stuff to do that - 3 greyduffs spawned on my shelter.

And I died on the mountain and didn't set the portal. Now I'm stranded at the foot of the mountain naked and no way home ticket. This is the part I really hate about this game. All I did was forgetting to set my spawn point. No idea how to get out of this crap. Maybe by exploiting world switching. No idea. Could use the other character maybe, in any case - it's rather unwieldy. What happens if I destroy my spawn bed? Couldn't even collect the stuff to do that - 3 greyduffs spawned on my shelter.

Ah the joys of going places in Valheim....

Maybe you can build a raft and take the slow way back?

If i was in that situation, i'd probably just build a quick base to get some equipment and a boat that can take me home.

Are you sure there isn't a land connection to your home? I've done some long butt naked runs through dangerous terrain plenty of times.

How did you get there in the first place? If you didn't get there with a portal, you should have a boat somewhere? Most islands have some low-tier biomes somewhere. Try to find Meadows or Black Forest and rebuild with a new outpost from there.

To avoid something like this in the future:
always keep your spawn point at your home base (The "Don't fly without a rebuy" of Valheim ;) ), so if you die, you'll have access to all your tech and reserve gear
carry a spare gate with you when out exploring. Have one spare gate at your home base and when you start exploring a new island, connect the two spare gates

How did you get there in the first place? If you didn't get there with a portal, you should have a boat somewhere? Most islands have some low-tier biomes somewhere. Try to find Meadows or Black Forest and rebuild with a new outpost from there.

To avoid something like this in the future:
always keep your spawn point at your home base (The "Don't fly without a rebuy" of Valheim ;) ), so if you die, you'll have access to all your tech and reserve gear
carry a spare gate with you when out exploring. Have one spare gate at your home base and when you start exploring a new island, connect the two spare gates
I basically have all that. I landed in meadows, set out to mountain, plopped a portal, named it, but hadnt named the portal back at base. The portal at the meadow landing I disassembled to use it at the mountain camp. I slept in the meadow bed so now I respawn there. The stuff for the karve I actually put back into the chest at home base, I think. Should have set the portals correctly but I wasn't sure anymore how to cycle them correctly. I could make a raft maybe to get back to the other island where another portal is but it's over ocean. Home base is quite some way off - about half a day longboat. I could load in other world and collect bronze nails from there probably.

More puzzling was how quickly I died. It was like 1-hit kill by wolf and I really dont think I had my food run out (though that happened before). It was just a stroll out to clear the skelingtons from a nearby ruin and look at the camp if there was some Moder location stone. I have wolf stuff armour, sometimes I think armour just doesn't cut it. I did however cheap out on the 3rd food because I'm such a cheapskate and the onions aren't ripe yet.

Top Bottom