So you want to know about the Formidine Rift? (Part 3)

Yes, arrived last night, skimmed some canyons then checked the planetary map for any notable terrain features to examine today.

Without knowing where to look there is a lot of ground to cover, no guarantees there even is a base here I guess, but it seems logical. Both found locations are beta sites, seems natural that there would be other sites, alpha and gamma at other rally points. But then, what are the chances that both found sites would be beta?
I'm content to scour for now until a better idea or more clues surface

I'm not so sure that beta necessarily means that there is an alpha out here. It could be that beta is noting the fact that it is a test site of some sort.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that beta necessarily means that there is an alpha out here. It could be that beta is noting the fact that it is a test site of some sort.

Yeah I couldn't remember who had said that last night and didn't want to misquote anyone, so just commented on the chances of both found sites being beta rather than having found one beta and one alpha or gamma. Just up, still to eat properly

What Nooooo!?! unsticky this thread please i love searching all over the forums for the past 6 months looking for it. Why now?

The un-stuck thread was like boot camp for Rifters. If you didn't have the discipline to keep searching the forums over and over, you don't have the discipline to stay on this mystery!

I'm just dumping thoughts down while they're still current and in mind.

There are a number of beacons in each of the 3 regions. Each refers to a rally point planet in the same system as the beacon.
2 of those planets (1 in FR, 1 in Conflux) have a base that's been found.
Both bases have a series of messages titled Beta Mission.

My thinking is that there is a base on each of the rally point planets, and it is very likely that each base will have its own sequence of messages. I reckon the message sequences will read Alpha, Gamma etc. We keep being told that there is a lot more to be discovered. The biggest problem is the needle in the haystack issue. A planet surface is a large area to scour. We know which haystacks to look at.
We need a magnet to help find the needles. :)

I'm just dumping thoughts down while they're still current and in mind.

There are a number of beacons in each of the 3 regions. Each refers to a rally point planet in the same system as the beacon.
2 of those planets (1 in FR, 1 in Conflux) have a base that's been found.
Both bases have a series of messages titled Beta Mission.

My thinking is that there is a base on each of the rally point planets, and it is very likely that each base will have its own sequence of messages. I reckon the message sequences will read Alpha, Gamma etc. We keep being told that there is a lot more to be discovered. The biggest problem is the needle in the haystack issue. A planet surface is a large area to scour. We know which haystacks to look at.
We need a magnet to help find the needles. :)

Exactly this.

I reposted a couple of pages back my summary of all the known (11?) beacons in the rift, Hawkins and conflux. This gives the planets to search. And when I reposted it, I got rep from Drew, and you should all know what that means......right direction.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ift-(Part-3)?p=5008774&viewfull=1#post5008774
First line of each section is system, body the beacon is orbiting, planet the rally point is on (and where to look for outposts)

Last edited:
Hi! I want to visit every post that you guys found. But its not on the first page. Can anyone tell me the systems, planets, coords so i can go now? I only have the Eafots one. Thanks!!

Thought it was about time to repost this, from here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ift-(Part-3)?p=4795147&viewfull=1#post4795147

There could be a lot more settlements to find still.

Hawkin's Gap (ERP 001):

PLAA AEC XZ-Z B41-0, A1, Rally Point 2
DYNASTY EXPEDITION BEACON
DNSTY S6 ERP 001
RALLY POINT 2
HAWKINS GAP
PLAA AEC XZ-Z B41-0
MODE STANDBY

PLAA AEC IZ-N C20-1, A, Rally Point A1A
DNSTY S6 ERP 001
RALLY POINT A1A
HAWKINS GAP
PLAA AEC IZ-N C20-1
MODE STANDBY

PLAA AEC TT-B B41-3, B1, Rally Point B2
DNSTY S6 ERP 001
RALLY POINT B2
HAWKINS GAP
PLAA AEC TT-B B41-3
MODE STANDBY

PLAA AEC RY-B B41-1, ??, Rally Point 2B
DNSTY S6 ERP 001
RALLY POINT 2B
HAWKINS GAP
PLAA AEC RY-B B41-1
MODE STANDBY

Conflux (ERP 002):

PRU AESCS TY-J A64-1, A, Rally Point 3
DNSTY S6 ERP 002
RALLY POINT 3
CONFLUX
TY-J A64-1
MODE STANDBY

PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2, A, Rally Point CD1
DYNSTYS6 ERP 002
RALLY POINT CD1
CONFLUX
PRU AESCS HW-S B31-2
MODE STANDBY

PRU AESCS NC-M D7-192, A2A, Rally Point A3A
DYNSTYS6 ERP 002
RALLY POINT A3A
CONFLUX
PRU AESCS NC-M D7-192
MODESTANDBY

Formidine Rift (ERP 003):

EAFOTS EU-R C4-1, A, Rally Point C2
DYNASTY EXPEDITON BEACON
DNSTY S6 ERP 003
RALLY POINT C2
FORMIDINE RIFT
EAFOTS EU-R C4-1
MODE STANDBY

EAFOTS GL-Y E2, A1, Rally Point 6
DNSTY S6 ERP 003
RALLY POINT 6
FORMIDINE RIFT
EAFOTS GL-YE2
MODE STANDBY

EAFOTS LZ-H B10-0, D, Rally Point D1
DNSTY S6 ERP 003
RALLY POINT D1
FORMIDINE RIFT
EAFOTS LZ-H B10-0

EAFOTS RA-G B11-0, 3, Rally Point 3
DNSTY S6 ERP 003
RALLY POINT 3
FORMIDINE RIFT
EAFOTS RA-G B11-0
MODE STANDBY

I wonder if a mod would be kind enough to edit the original post with this info for us so it doesn't keep getting lost? Along with the co-ords of the 2 settlements that've been found already?

No one else find it out how we have 3 beacons in each the rift and conflux but only 2 in Hawkins? Or am I missing some thing? If I'm not the question is why only 2? Or have we just not found a 3rd? This brings up a couple of questions

1) if we just haven't found the 3rd yet we need to find it.... obvious really

2) if there is legitimately only 2 beacons on Hawkins does that mean whilst en route to place the third they were attacked and hid away on a planet along their intended route? Or maybe ran into other issues and crashed? This is also providing there should be 3 beacons

4) the beacon was damaged somehow either in transit or at it actually destination meaning it's not sending out signals for use to find or that it has crashed I tot he planet/moon of its destination(providing it was being sent to a planet/moon)

On a side note from this has any got or can make a map of where the beacons and bases are on the galaxy map then maybe we could try to find a pattern to try and triangulate where the third Hawkins beacon would be(providing there was supposed to be 3) or even just a general vicinity of where it should of mean as it would substantially narrow down the search area of where it 'should' be or should of been in the case of note number 2, and so if it isn't where it should be we maybe be able to triangulate the route it may have taken after dropping the second beacon which would also narrow the search down

I wonder if a mod would be kind enough to edit the original post with this info for us so it doesn't keep getting lost? Along with the co-ords of the 2 settlements that've been found already?

Exactly this! A place where all the systems(already posted by zach), planets and coords are easily find in the first page.

No one else find it out how we have 3 beacons in each the rift and conflux but only 2 in Hawkins? Or am I missing some thing? If I'm not the question is why only 2? Or have we just not found a 3rd? This brings up a couple of questions

1) if we just haven't found the 3rd yet we need to find it.... obvious really

2) if there is legitimately only 2 beacons on Hawkins does that mean whilst en route to place the third they were attacked and hid away on a planet along their intended route? Or maybe ran into other issues and crashed? This is also providing there should be 3 beacons

4) the beacon was damaged somehow either in transit or at it actually destination meaning it's not sending out signals for use to find or that it has crashed I tot he planet/moon of its destination(providing it was being sent to a planet/moon)

On a side note from this has any got or can make a map of where the beacons and bases are on the galaxy map then maybe we could try to find a pattern to try and triangulate where the third Hawkins beacon would be(providing there was supposed to be 3) or even just a general vicinity of where it should of mean as it would substantially narrow down the search area of where it 'should' be or should of been in the case of note number 2, and so if it isn't where it should be we maybe be able to triangulate the route it may have taken after dropping the second beacon which would also narrow the search down

There are 4 beacons in both the Rift and Hawkins and 3 beacons in the Conflux. Use this link for details: https://trello.com/b/DCTJoy8T/cor-rift-hawkin-s-and-conflux-ucbs

Last edited:
I would be skeptical of the beta meaning a singular "Test" site. I feel as though it's mixing up programmer speak with military/covert ops speak.

Yeah I couldn't remember who had said that last night and didn't want to misquote anyone, so just commented on the chances of both found sites being beta rather than having found one beta and one alpha or gamma. Just up, still to eat properly

I said that :cool: Just merging few facts - Comms from EAFOTS are about transporting something to another Station/Planet - and the name "beta" of EAFOTS outpost POI. If every of three outpost have "beta" in name this could mean you're right. Would be nice if someone post names of the outposts in Hawkin's and Conflux.

Even if Beta means nothing - we have Eafots comms that suggest emergency outpost on another planet.

We had to find clues in this outpost. I think Comms are important [yesnod]

Or maybe its just rifter's madness :)

Added the two known beta sites to the Galactic Mapping Project (as historical locations)...

M1Fx8Vm.jpg

Link : Here

Last edited:
Well. Finally arrived at the Formidine Rift Beta Mission site for myself. If you remember, a few pages back, I lamented over the fact that I was still getting used to my new HOTAS and the keybindings? And how "boost" is right next to "reverse thrust"?
Yeah.
I'm back in the bubble. :)

Well. Finally arrived at the Formidine Rift Beta Mission site for myself. If you remember, a few pages back, I lamented over the fact that I was still getting used to my new HOTAS and the keybindings? And how "boost" is right next to "reverse thrust"?
Yeah.
I'm back in the bubble. :)
o
Time for custom key binds, I think.

o
Time for custom key binds, I think.

More then that ... I've been playing on "Iron Man" settings. I'm not sure what my next step is going to be but I think it includes the untimely death of Commander Finn McMillan. It looks like the Rift has claimed another victim.

finn%20mcmillan.png

Top Bottom