ANNOUNCEMENT 2.2 Your Input Needed - Passenger Tourist Destinations

Here's my submission:

Location Name: Blue Dream (Bubble Sector LX-T b3-1; 1 a; -32.8168/15.0452)

Nice find. I am afraid that FD is not using these locations anymore, but I would consider re-posting it in this thread https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...e-Galactic-Mapping-Project-amp-Expedition-Hub

(read the rules, they are bit different, but in my opinion it is worth doing as it would be a good addition to already existing in this system features :)
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/67029/name/Bubble+Sector+LX-T+b3-1

When did they say that? I

It is the other way around, Michael who asked for the destination initially never said gimme more. And he is no longer working on Elite. So until someone from FD asks for new destinations I am pretty sure this is on hold. I am waiting for it to happen, I have plenty fantastic places I would love to share :)

Dumbooe BW-L d8-459 2 a
aAnY4zy.jpg

CMDR ERANAJ
More screenshots: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...raphy-Thread?p=6277051&viewfull=1#post6277051

Is this still worth contributing to?

Oh well, here I go...

Ariel in Sol has some of the most dangerous randomly tight canyons I've seen in the bubble. Picking a path through the peaks and valleys at speed requires split second on-the-fly route planning and amazing reflexes...

Check out the coords in the video, it should be a surface waypoint please. :)

The flavour text could read:

CMDR Ashenfox hints at the existence of an illegal racing club which meets in the canyons of Ariel for 'Last man standing' style canyon races. The high speed machine of many a distracted racer contributed to the craters surrounding these valleys, and used escape pods litter certain areas. Run these canyons entirely at your own risk and check your insurance papers are up to date beforehand.

[video=youtube;Env8NTvKA2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Env8NTvKA2o[/video]

Last edited:
So i found this amazing system, it made me gasp when i saw it.
System: Egnaix XJ-Z e30

This trip i had a few moments where i almost dropped inside of stars almost having a heart attack.
But this system made the whole trip worth it.

This planet is orbiting a neutron star and has vibrant purple and pink clouds.
The clouds also has some amazing details.
You can also find all the materials for FSD injections in this system.
cB9dsE7
cB9dsE7.png

Kqthnv6.png

tZI5zgW.png

Last edited:
Double-ring System in Hawking's Gap

CMDR: vegtabill

Gorgeous double-ring system in Hawking's Gap. The outer radius of the outer ring is just under 1.8 million km. Awesome view from the third moon (3c).

b703cHX.jpg

NJ0D7D3.jpg

Last edited:
Is this submission thread still active? I mean do we have an official note if they still put in game tourist beacons?

My understanding is that it's been put on hold. But I still check this thread out for cool places to go and I figure there must be at least a few others who do the same. Sure, there's the screenshot thread, but there you have holo-me pics, ship pics, combat pics, thargoid pics, and so on. If you're just looking for locations to visit this seems to be the go-to thread.

Anyway, that's why I posted here last night. That, and also to have this location recorded just in case they do start using this again. Just in case. You never know.

Commander WR3ND reporting in to submit stellar system EOR AUG EW-W F1-228 for your consideration.

I think it'd be pretty cool to have something in this system for scientific research "tourism," maybe a research outpost or deep space probe of some sort. It's a black hole, white dwarf, and neutron star system which contains the three main known end phases of star evolution, so likely a very old system that has been through quite a lot – it's just 2 million years under being 13 billion years old according to the system data, so nearly the age of the universe itself [woah] – with two terraformable terrestrial water worlds with carbon-water based life, one with a moon.

What kind of life could live and evolve there and sustain itself in that kind of an environment for so long? Perhaps some form of life more advanced than we can comprehend dwells within the watery depths of these worlds. [alien]

17blgw.jpg

The system sits up a bit "above" the galactic plane toward the galactic core.

The moon can be landed on now, by the way. This is an older picture.

oIIc8rI.jpg

Apologies for not having any glory shots to show off. I found this system before landing on worlds was a thing during my expedition to the galactic core last year. I do definitely plan on returning there though. [up]
For anyone interested, this is now Degenerate Trio, tourist spot 0253, which naturally I find very neat indeed! :)

But anyway, I'm making this post as I came across these findings which suggest that parts of our galaxy are indeed this old and even older, and thought some of you might be interested. https://www.esa.int/Science_Explora...rts_of_the_Milky_Way_much_older_than_expected Coincidentally(?), the system I discovered in-game seems to be within the "thick disc" region of the Milky Way, or thereabout, that is referred to in the article.

Thanks.
o7

Last edited:
Top Bottom