[video] 10 Quality of life improvements (part4)

[video=youtube_share;NikBbzKiki4]https://youtu.be/NikBbzKiki4[/video]

....for those with little attention span : TL;DW :

#1 Ship integrity has to be moved to main page and/or recombined with repair all
#2 Missiles/torps/mines come WITH ammo (why do we need to rearm these weapons?)
#3 Colored bookmarks
#4 In shipyard : maneuverability replaced with yaw,pitch,roll values (like in outfitting)
#5 HUD complete revamp
#6 Video memory usage in setting + tool tips on graphics options
#7 Ship collision boxes with camera need improvements
#8 Increased distance on planet instance (now it's only 250m, while in space it's 3000m)
#9 SRV colect-all(material) button/option!
#10 Remove collision mesh from broken mat-rocks

So what do you think, what would you like to see improved!?

I always think of qol improvements while playing, but can rarely remember 'em.
A few that spring to mind..

As a lover of Mine builds, I would like a report crimes option, that didn't request support from security, but had your attacker become wanted for attacking you.

The ability to add multiple filters to galmap at once. Both System State and Government, for example.

Ability to pay off regular fines separately from Power Play fines.

#1 Ship integrity has to be moved to main page and/or recombined with repair all
That would make sense and be consistent in design. No, we can't have that.

See answer #1

#3 Colored bookmarks
See answer #1
#4 In shipyard : maneuverability replaced with yaw,pitch,roll values (like in outfitting)
See answer #1

#5 HUD complete revamp
See answer #1
Besides, the HUD is so integrated into the overall game that I'm completely surprised that changing the HUD color doesn't change the colors of the planets..

#6 Video memory usage in setting + tool tips on graphics options
What, you want easy mode?
See answer #1

#7 Ship collision boxes with camera need improvements
See answer #1

#8 Increased distance on planet instance (now it's only 250m, while in space it's 3000m)
See answer #1

#9 SRV colect-all(material) button/option!
See answer #1

#10 Remove collision mesh from broken mat-rocks
See answer #1

Answered all your points with a classic response from FDev... I could have just ignored your post, which is also a classic answer by FDev...

https://youtu.be/NikBbzKiki4

....for those with little attention span : TL;DW :

Not sure if you were desperate to make up the list?

1# In reality an integrity check is not the same as doing routine repairs or repairs due to damage. An integrity check, D-Check or Boroscope check is done based on a number of cycles, or every 6 months.

The issue with integrity is people get OCD and keep clicking on it because it went down to 99%

2# A complete non issue.

The rest is just ideas that have been nicked from the forum, clickbait..

Last edited:
But he is the king of clickbait... As far as #2 being a non issue... It is, but like selling your mining profits and bounding out the letterbox, forgetting your limpets, it can be annoying!

But he is the king of clickbait... As far as #2 being a non issue... It is, but like selling your mining profits and bounding out the letterbox, forgetting your limpets, it can be annoying!

Can't argue with that buddy. I'll admit I have departed without buying torps, kinda mistake you only make once though.

Can't argue with that buddy. I'll admit I have departed without buying torps, kinda mistake you only make once though.

And as long as it didn't result in a rebuy it's all good!

Actually, the one I usually forget is activating the my NPC pilot... I don't know how many times I'm super cruising along and the pirate messages start scrolling in and I remember that I haven't activated my crew member yet, even after they put in the "No Active Crew" alert. Just get busy selecting missions, topping off inventory, plotting a course/checking out the destinations... Maybe they need to have your crew member waving frantically from the edge of the pad, or an urgent message flash from them... "Commander, I'm still in the bar, I didn't know you were getting underway..."

Maybe we could do a Captains Mast for failure to report back from Liberty Call prior to the ship getting underway...

Yet another thread made by Yamiks where he posts a video, maybe write a bit to seem like he gives a damn about your opinion and fs off.
Good job mate! I am sure you will be back to sniff for views in a week again.
And before you think I don't like you, I am a subscriber and I enjoy your content but this is starting to annoy me. If you come here to start a thread be read to take part in it after you put your dump in it, thanks.

Yet another thread made by Yamiks where he posts a video, maybe write a bit to seem like he gives a damn about your opinion and fs off.
Good job mate! I am sure you will be back to sniff for views in a week again.
And before you think I don't like you, I am a subscriber and I enjoy your content but this is starting to annoy me. If you come here to start a thread be read to take part in it after you put your dump in it, thanks.

Just like with videos : forums is a place where you can go and look at things that you want. noone is forcing you to click on that thread with [video] as a tag.
And sure while I dont respond as often as you would want me to.. umm do you know how may comments i get?
To more interesting things I do respond (this being one) !

I do like to start a discussion and if it turns into something neat, I will participate the best I can too!

Just like with videos : forums is a place where you can go and look at things that you want. noone is forcing you to click on that thread with [video] as a tag.
And sure while I dont respond as often as you would want me to.. umm do you know how may comments i get?
To more interesting things I do respond (this being one) !

I do like to start a discussion and if it turns into something neat, I will participate the best I can too!

No way! Did your agent call you and tell you to come check your thread? Hehe.
You didn't respond to the previous one and you didn't get many comments there either. I get it that you are famous, but it sucks that you are treating forums like means to an end.

No way! Did your agent call you and tell you to come check your thread? Hehe.
You didn't respond to the previous one and you didn't get many comments there either. I get it that you are famous, but it sucks that you are treating forums like means to an end.

would it make it better if I were to do the same thing, but instead of a video just post my transcript-wall-of-text!? really!?

Watched the video, and thought many reasonable QoL suggestions.

I've a minor one: nix the rocks generating POIs on planetary surfaces.

Also, I've thought about using the phrase "a horse's chance in Yamiks's hold" when looking for surface features: would that infringe on your IP?

would it make it better if I were to do the same thing, but instead of a video just post my transcript-wall-of-text!? really!?

No man. I was annoyed because I know your opinion of this forum and I though you just leave your videos in here and leave. I was wrong, clearly. I had to be a bit harsh to provoke a response, but at least now I know better.

I shall vote for OP's 7, 9 & 10 items and add 3 myself.

1. Discard the need to redo fighter and SRV liveries when you put them in storage and transfer them back to ship.

2. If crew is assigned to a ship, discard the need to re-activate them after you switch from another ship without fighter hanger. I mean crew is already taking a cut from your profits regardless of whether they are onboard or not.

3. Remember my sensor's zoom percentage. If ship's computer remembers PIP settings, why not sensor zoom range?

Top Bottom