[Video] Guardian ship launched fighter review

I love the ships for their look and glitzy dazzle. As for combat against Thargoid scouts, the AX Taipan I found was much more effective in the hands of NPC.

Glowy, toasty, turned off by grinding requirement.
Access should have been tied to being active as an anti-xeno pilot,
not some bum in an SRV without trigger discipline.

I have not seen a mention of (IMHO) the coolest feature of the Guardian fighters - the boost sound plays multiple random TONES each time you boost so the fighters "sing" a unique melody to you as you boost around.

There are 2 very obvious tones, a 3rd one pops up seldomely, and I'm pretty sure I've heard a 4th and 5th tone as well, but extrememly seldom.

Very ominous, very cool.

I keep meaning to put up a video of this in action, but can't motivate myself to do so.=p

I have not seen a mention of (IMHO) the coolest feature of the Guardian fighters - the boost sound plays multiple random TONES each time you boost so the fighters "sing" a unique melody to you as you boost around.

There are 2 very obvious tones, a 3rd one pops up seldomely, and I'm pretty sure I've heard a 4th and 5th tone as well, but extrememly seldom.

Very ominous, very cool.

I keep meaning to put up a video of this in action, but can't motivate myself to do so.=p

That is as long cool, as the flight comp doesn't say:
"I cannot do that, Dave!" ;)

Very ominous, very cool.

I did sort of touch on the sound too, but yes I could have done more on that!

Enough gaurdian grind. Getting them is low priority. It's a back burner project for some other time. I'm going to continue with AX taipan and the other normal fighters.

I quite like my Lance. Didn’t have to grind much since I had already accumulated most of the mats & data during previous adventures. I’ve never fought in it myself, but my deadly NPC makes short work of Thargoid Scouts in it. Plus, it’s really fun to fly around in.

I'm not to much fan of the floaty exterior parts held together by the force.
The cockpit is superb though.
I have a floating Bluetooth speaker that you really wouldn’t like, then.

I love the ships for their look and glitzy dazzle. As for combat against Thargoid scouts, the AX Taipan I found was much more effective in the hands of NPC.

I was wondering about this. The Taipan has the thickest hull and AX weapons plus the highest boost speed among the human SLF's. Taking a pass on the Guardian fighters for now.

Hoooooo!!!! Space Magic!!! :D

Rather enjoyable, Yamiks.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what they do for actual flyable Guardian Ships now, too.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Good video! I must admit I haven't tried the fighters in anger yet, but I'm actually contemplating using Shard Cannons and the Plasma Autocannon fighter as standard anti-human fits... so good to hear the Trident is pretty good for that.

And so glad they fixed the overheating....

[video=youtube;7gg6x7XlrIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gg6x7XlrIA[/video]

Top Bottom