Anyone know of a list of player named systems? The reason I ask is because I'm in a strange area - a globular cluster - dozens of F type stars here - but there is one hand named system called 'Gilthaven' - 34 bodies but nothing human or out of the ordinary here though..

All the other stars have 2mass names and Gxxx catalog names and HD 50 etc. - its the blanco 1 cluster, btw - well under the disk of the galaxy 800ly from Sol.

Why go to the trouble of hand altering that one star?

YB
That is the real-life open star cluster of Blanco 1 you have found. There are some real-life, non-procedural star names (2MASS and Tycho catalogues included) but also a handful of FD-chosen names, such as Gilthaven, McBurney's Point and Ziggy. I've searched the cluster a couple of times because I suspected involvement in the mystery surrounding the GCS Saravati and Project Thunderchild, sadly I found nothing relevant: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-lookout-megaship.380074/page-15#post-7255635

I remember some pages back we were comparing the Raxxla logo to patterns on guardian ruins. Just asking: Did anyone ever try his luck with hatch breaker limpets on those ruins?
Don't know whether anyone's tried. All I can say is that it's not something that's been reported in terms of being done successfully.

Edit - well not on the pertinent forum threads anyway.

That is the real-life open star cluster of Blanco 1 you have found. There are some real-life, non-procedural star names (2MASS and Tycho catalogues included) but also a handful of FD-chosen names, such as Gilthaven, McBurney's Point and Ziggy. I've searched the cluster a couple of times because I suspected involvement in the mystery surrounding the GCS Saravati and Project Thunderchild, sadly I found nothing relevant: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...-lookout-megaship.380074/page-15#post-7255635
<don tinfoil>

Very interesting.. McBurney's Point, 1/3 from navel (rings Omphalos alarm!) - maybe there is a complete anatomy in space, a bit like the chakras...

</doff tinfoil>

"Don't know whether anyone's tried. All I can say is that it's not something that's been reported in terms of being done successfully.

Edit - well not on the pertinent forum threads anyway. "

Ok, will try it and when next time I'm around Guardiansphere. Also I always wanted to find out, what a ship laser can do to those doors...

"Don't know whether anyone's tried. All I can say is that it's not something that's been reported in terms of being done successfully.

Ok, will try it and when next time I'm around Guardiansphere. Also I always wanted to find out, what a ship laser can do to those doors...

Has anyone tried using guardian stuff like with the goid base?

Has anyone tried dropping Thargoid stuff in a Guardian base on a blueprint key plate?
Or get inside the sphere with the camera?

Last edited:
erwerwerwe
Has anyone tried "Search"? Cause it sure takes less time and fewer nonsense posts.

"Search"? Arch-sea?

The supporting roof of the arch is known as the keystone. The architecture of an arch is a reflection of its lithology and structure. Sea arches have been regarded as ephemeral forms tending to survive over periods of just few decades or centuries. The term sea tunnel can be used to describe a hole in the cliff line where the arch itself is considerably longer than the width of the entrance.

ergo - Raxxla is a tunnel

ergo sum
Source: http://i.imgur.com/zGReuWw.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Anyone know of a list of player named systems? The reason I ask is because I'm in a strange area - a globular cluster - dozens of F type stars here - but there is one hand named system called 'Gilthaven' - 34 bodies but nothing human or out of the ordinary here though..

All the other stars have 2mass names and Gxxx catalog names and HD 50 etc. - its the blanco 1 cluster, btw - well under the disk of the galaxy 800ly from Sol.

YB

AFAIK it's always worth checking distant/oddball named Systems in Deep Space with an Anagram solver.
(if I remember correctly, a long time ago that was amongst the 1st steps of Drew "teaching" interested Players in understanding a few things, together with little ROT-13 challenges etc.)

Gilthaven for example produces : Night Vale / Nightvale
...which in turn produces something like this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_Night_Vale

"In an interview with NPR, Joseph Fink said that he "came up with this idea of a town in that desert where all conspiracy theories were real, and we would just go from there with that understood."

Now if that's purely accidental or reflects easter eggs (someone in early FDev ELITE design was aware and a fan) or points to something in-game... that's all-open to speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:

YB
According to the kickstarter page, there were only 7 backers at that level, quote:

Pledge £3,000 or more
Have a frontier star system named* after you, and a 'special thanks' game credit, plus all rewards above.
Estimated delivery Mar 2014
Limited 7 backers

Might be worth reading the rest of this list for other naming reward overlaps, eg:

Pledge £750 or more
Have a planet named* after you, and an invitation to the UK launch party, plus all rewards above.
Reward no longer available 100 backers

Pledge £500 or more
Have a space station named* after you, plus all rewards above.
Limited 113 backers

Edit: Game credits can be viewed from the Main Menu, at the very end of course, it's slow, and you can't pause it. One or two of the system naming credits stand out immediately, others are less obvious.

Last edited:
signalsegment-png.127160

Funny thing: to me, that looks like someone's left hand index finger touching a broken bottle. Except it's more like an hourglass shape than a broken bottle.

And the only vaguely hourglass-shaped constellation I can think of is Orion. Which means that the finger is touching Betelgeuse.

And another funny thing:

Map of Betelgeuse - 4 planets. This matches what you see flying in space, orbit lines and all.

However, in FSS exploration mode... 5 orbit lines!!!

I've been flying around trying to use the parallax effect to hopefully detect a hidden anything that would be in that orbit, but no luck so far. The orbit line doesn't appear in space, so it's kinda hard to follow it.

I was in Alphekka. Beautiful lone star but nothing uncommon. I should have to check all that degraded emissions. But I fear find something too deadly for my weak ship shields.

Top Bottom