Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Now this is good news! :cool: Enough to make me want to come back to fighting the goids!

Damage Balancing

• Fixed an issue that was causing damage dealt by Thargons to increase in multiplayer sessions
  • Fixed issue that caused more heat damage to be applied to vessels when in a multiplayer session

Guys, yesterday we had two commander from HALT attacking AX ships in OU GEMINORUM. We made them run out of the system, but one of them came [back?] after we had gone and killed one commander ax ship. Open your eyes and bring PVP ships to nearby stations. My squadron (ESCA) and some ships from allied squadrons (RONI, and FGEX) will provide assistance if needed.

Regards.
Fuego Estelar

What do you mean you made them run out the system? They jumped out after they took significant damage?
And what do you mean by 'open your eyes'? I'm pretty sure you're not the only people fighting Thargoids in that system! ;)

What do you mean you made them run out the system? They jumped out after they took significant damage?
And what do you mean by 'open your eyes'? I'm pretty sure you're not the only people fighting Thargoids in that system! ;)
Sounds like he just means keep your eyes peeled for gankers 😅

I have just fight against two from HALT OU Geminorum, they were about to destroy a commander in his T-10 when I arrived to the CZ. If you want, I will send the names of the commanders by private message.

Regards

Targets this week :

Incursions (AX CZ)

(just check galnet 2nd post ;) )

Infestations (NHSS)

hip 16348, machatkwa, hip 18187, bd+41 1865, liu xingga - NHSS confirmed

Eagle Eye:
ee1 hip 16348
ee2 machatkwa
ee3 eskite
ee4 hip 18187
ee5 bd+41 1865
ee6 liu xingga

Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

Notes:
  • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.
  • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
  • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
  • There is a galmap filter to help find Incursion systems
  • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are no longer listed in Galnet :)
  • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then ot is a lower priority.
  • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 162 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
  • And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
  • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
  • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system
(Thread title courtesy of Zaratan)

Targets this week :

Incursions (AX CZ)

(just check galnet 2nd post ;) )

Infestations (NHSS)

hip 16348, machatkwa, hip 18187, bd+41 1865, liu xingga - NHSS confirmed

Eagle Eye:
ee1 hip 16348
ee2 machatkwa
ee3 eskite
ee4 hip 18187
ee5 bd+41 1865
ee6 liu xingga

Hi Cmdr Factabulous

Corrections made (refer my later posting should you care to know the reasoning for the correction)
I think you may have misheard Eagle Eye One. I'm pretty sure the System was "HIP 12605"

Today was my first attempt a visiting the Eagle Eyes (on PS4). There is a tiny chance that I'm wrong, but I did get the same systems as you for the other 5 Eagle Eyes, so I'm going to back myself (at least until proven otherwise) :)

I have not checked for NHSS as yet.

By my reckoning the Systems at risk for the week beginning April 25th 2019, are:
Eagle Eye 1: HIP 12605 HIP 16348 (as CMDR Factabulous said. I can confirm NHSS are present in HIP 16348)
Eagle Eye 2: MACHATKWA
Eagle Eye 3: ESKITE
Eagle Eye 4: HIP 18187
Eagle Eye 5: BD+41 1865
Eagle Eye 6: LIU XINGGA

Thanks Cmdrs.

Last edited:
Looking forward to your NHSS finding in 12605 ;)

Well it seems that Eagle Eye One (on PS4) has played a trick upon me. There were no signs of NHSS in HIP 12605, because its already experiencing an incursion, with the starport well and truly ablaze.

I'm assuming that this week's EE1 signal had not made its way to the PS4 server (by the time I visited EE1), and EE1 kept playing last week's signal. Its a neat trick for Frontier to play, considering that EE1 was the last EE I visited :'(

Sorry for casting dispersion on your data Cmdr Factabulous.

Well it seems that Eagle Eye One (on PS4) has played a trick upon me. There were no signs of NHSS in HIP 12605, because its already experiencing an incursion, with the starport well and truly ablaze.

I'm assuming that this week's EE1 signal had not made its way to the PS4 server (by the time I visited EE1), and EE1 kept playing last week's signal. Its a neat trick for Frontier to play, considering that EE1 was the last EE I visited :'(

Sorry for casting dispersion on your data Cmdr Factabulous.
No worries :) I was wondering if you managed to get EE1 before the update, but seems not. As you say, 12605 was already attacked, so I was pretty sure it wasn't that. I thought all the platforms shared servers, but OTOH EE is often not very reliable - I may have been just lucky 🤷‍♀️ .

Good to have people double checking :)

Aren't in AX Conflict zones more phases? When you kill some scouts, you get 100k Cr, then is 2nd phase with interceptors and 3rd phase Hydra. Has the 1st phase some influence on incursion status when you left after this and you don't kill the big flowers?

Yes i believe so viper, as far as i know a scout counts the same as an interceptor. I have been known to be wrong though, more than happy to be corrected!

o7

Aren't in AX Conflict zones more phases? When you kill some scouts, you get 100k Cr, then is 2nd phase with interceptors and 3rd phase Hydra. Has the 1st phase some influence on incursion status when you left after this and you don't kill the big flowers?

The OP states: "Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter".

I always assumed that is true for incursion systems too but I'm not totally sure.

I always assumed that is true for incursion systems too but I'm not totally sure.

Don't worry, nobody can be sure, as kills/wins needed to change the status are too many and there can always be other players working in the same system. Hence, no good investigation is possible and assumptions stay assumptions.
I usually leave the Conflict Zones after the first interceptors arrive and dive directly back in. That way, the reset Zone only generates scouts, until you run out of ammo, fighters or hull points. A good way to rack up scout kills and train your NPC pilot.

Top Bottom