Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

Hmmm, that sounds like an agile development practice. Didn't FDev originally try that (around 1.1-1.3) but lots of people moan about "too many patches"? However I really would add my voice to lots of regular patches, given they must be on a multi-branch strategy now ((at least) one for Will/Adam's "tactical" fixes and Interstellar Initiatives, and more for the longer term fixes) there are advantages to regularly consolidating your bugfixes ;-)
I believe they have been on Agile for a long time now. They do show the sign of Agile, including the numerous small bugs and the occasional regression 😛.

I wonder, if FDev can have multiple update branches, one for people ok with frequent updates and one for the others.

This is the worst excuse I've seen for this bug so far.
Point of the new FSS was that you don't have to fly thousands of Ls anymore...
Oh my.

I was putting this forward as a temporary fix so that people can still scan entire systems while they are exploring, not suggesting we should ignore the bug and leave it in, I really don't know why I bother, reading comprehension seems to be about zero on this thread for many people. Trying to be helpful for people having problems and what do you get, abuse!

I was putting this forward as a temporary fix so that people can still scan entire systems while they are exploring, not suggesting we should ignore the bug and leave it in, I really don't know why I bother, reading comprehension seems to be about zero on this thread for many people. Trying to be helpful for people having problems and what do you get, abuse!
Abuse? Well, that was not my intention. Although if you think my post was abusive then perhaps you are a tad over sensitive?

I was replying to the fact that this IS INDEED game breaking as it breaks one of the KEY features of Elite and I expressed a genuine surprise at the way how you dismiss this bug.
That's all.

I believe they have been on Agile for a long time now. They do show the sign of Agile, including the numerous small bugs and the occasional regression 😛.
And the whole release often thing ... y'know - that thing that is actually part of agile. Whereas bugs and regressions are part of all software 🤦‍♀️

I know, I was trying to be cheeky...
<sigh> I should try and not be triggered :) Since Agile became more a buzzword than something people actually do / understand I get grumpy at it's being maligned by those who've only seen the 'we're agile, we have post-its on the wall' version :)

Any news on the Guardian site bug which forces you to end task the exe if you want to exit to main menu or quit while around G-Sites with sentinels?

great news. I've been hit badly by the various issues listed here. 2 crashes corrupted my PS4 data file - fortunately I had a backup

I wonder, if FDev can have multiple update branches, one for people ok with frequent updates and one for the others.

I have an impression that some experienced guys left the team and new came among with "relaxed" testing. This could be done to make the development cheaper.
By "strong" testing I mean a code covered with unit testing,bunch of test documentation which covers all possible use cases, test plans, full testing before release with test reports, this requires big enough QA team. High quality is always a lot of effort. When things become too complex there's a tend to "relax" testing and eventually it answers only two questions: game is possible to install, game is possible to start. Production area becomes test area.
In this situation it's easy to "break something", just because new developers merely do not get the consequences their changes can deal to the product and mentioned relaxed testing is not able to reveal broken areas.

As for multiple update branches... this means that different coded clients will communicate with the one coded server. I guess such feature will make server's code more complex which in its turn will affect its maintainability and as a result it's quality.

Top Bottom