The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Name:Dawn Crater
Game map search ref:PYROOE DRYOAE UF-S C6-0
Description:A lone, tidally locked Ice World of 15 earth masses, orbiting a K class binary star. Its scarred surface holds a series of very symmetric craters among which lies a huge, mist-covered one (13.9304*, -63.3923*). When landed in the crater, the mist makes for a fantastic, almost atmospheric look. In the light of the K-star, it bears a striking resemblance to early dawn on planet Earth. Beware the planet has a high gravity warning of 1,90G.
Screenshot reference:

Last edited:
Name:Icicle Canyons
Game map search ref:SYRIAE THAA KV-R b45-0 _B 6 C
Description:Icy moon with numerous bio (6) and geo sites (18)....Stopped at bio site 2 - perched on the edge of a deep ice canyon - with crystal shards that produce Technetium...Also co-located were several Carbon Dioxide Ice Fumaroles.

The planet would also be ideal for future canyon races!
Screenshot reference:Links to Full Size Images:

Bio site 2:
Source: https://i.imgur.com/0FD9nK8.png

Milky Way:
Source: https://i.imgur.com/KtcgB4k.png

Canyons:
Source: https://i.imgur.com/fz6MbEc.png

Name:Dawn Crater
Game map search ref:PYROOE DRYOAE UF-S C6-0
Descrition:A lone, tidally locked Ice World of 15 earth masses, orbiting a K class binary star. Its scarred surface holds a series of very symmetric craters among which lies a huge, mist-covered one (13.9304*, -63.3923*). When landed in the crater, the mist makes for a fantastic, almost atmospheric look. In the light of the K-star, it bears a striking resemblance to early dawn on planet Earth. Beware the planet has a high gravity warning of 1,90G.
Screenshot reference:Taken off of TV screen. (On Xbox. Sorry for the low res.)

Image not found....

NameCrash Site
Game map refWise 2056+ 1459 4
DescriptionLocated by FSS on planet 4, 1 signal identified as "other". The point doesn't appear on the nav panel until directly targeted after a detailed surface scanner.
It's a sidewinder, crashed, with 2 containers dropped through the landing trail.
There's a data link with one last log. It says:
"I know they say space travel is a lonely business, but nothing prepares you for being totally alone like this. No comms, no ships. What I wouldn't give to hear another person's voice right now."
Srv detected 4 more containers abroad, with no other radar sign or clue.
Screenshots

NameCrash Site
Game map refWise 2056+ 1459 4
DescriptionLocated by FSS on planet 4, 1 signal identified as "other". The point doesn't appear on the nav panel until directly targeted after a detailed surface scanner.
It's a sidewinder, crashed, with 2 containers dropped through the landing trail.
There's a data link with one last log. It says:
"I know they say space travel is a lonely business, but nothing prepares you for being totally alone like this. No comms, no ships. What I wouldn't give to hear another person's voice right now."
Srv detected 4 more containers abroad, with no other radar sign or clue.
Screenshots
You might want to try going back to the location. Odds are that was a temporary POI, and a quick log out/log in will make it vanish forever.

You might want to try going back to the location. Odds are that was a temporary POI, and a quick log out/log in will make it vanish forever.
I did two logins in succession, to check if the containers changed contents. The ship is always there. Also, never seen a temporary POI appear in the main fss scan.
But I'll check again and confirm.
Yep, confirmed just now. The ship is still there. Always 2 containers, but the contents change.

Last edited:
Random ship crashes are still supposed to appear like blue circles in the radar when flying low above a planet. But this was something else, persistent. But the aspect, if you check the pictures I took, seems just like the random crashes used to be.
It's just a crash anyway. No clues, no plot, no valuable cargo. Very meh.

So that's what the blue circles are...
Blue circles are POIs. Can be anything, from secure areas with containers, to crashed ships, to depots. They are usually temporary, and don't appear on the nav panel. But if you use the probes for detailed surface scan and something appears... that is normally a persistent POI. I say normally, because I haven't found any temporary POI to do that.

If posts #3490 and #3745 still need names, perhaps commanders schumy and post_m respectively can be contacted for naming the nebulae they had tagged.

What is the record for max amount of moons around an ice world? Are two close red giants rare (about 30 ls apart)? Are two close planetary nebulas rare (40 ly apart)?

Last edited:
I found this couple during the trip back home from Beagle Point via The Voyager Trail. This two almost identical twins Earth-like worlds rotates in almost the same orbit, facing each other like two dancers.

Name:Fraternal Dancers / Fraeternal Dancers / Fræternal Dancers (open to suggestions)
Game map search ref:Braisua HF-Z d433
Description:Two Earth-like worlds sharing same orbit facing each other
Screenshots

Top Bottom