Roadmap leaked??

Take into consideration this could be a marketing ploy, take it for what its worth on the one hand we have every single thing they release they get panned into the ground. So as a idea if they have a "leak" they can test the water before committing to code they can also see how well received it would be before pushing in they direction.

To me this leak is a intentionally test to see how well a new idea would be received which is why nobody has been fired for it.
Lol - so they announced the next phase was in production and sat on their hands for 6 months waiting for 'their leak' to go out and see what people think. You conspiracy theorists get funnier every time :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 110222

D
Take into consideration this could be a marketing ploy, take it for what its worth on the one hand we have every single thing they release they get panned into the ground. So as a idea if they have a "leak" they can test the water before committing to code they can also see how well received it would be before pushing in they direction.

To me this leak is a intentionally test to see how well a new idea would be received which is why nobody has been fired for it.

The rest of the things are also there to give it credence as to get everyone talking about it. Look at it this way the things that have been announced were coming anyway and the Ghostbusters tie in would have been negotiated ages ago so would have been decided as is planet zoo.

Just my input into this discussion and gives you guys something to think about :)
Is it also not possible that the leaker may be posting his content from a source that FD has no legal place in tracking? Like a library, or Internet cafe?

You do know that despite the dystopia we live in, corps' like FD still don't quite have access to the private out-of-work lives of their employees?

It could easily be anyone, from the caretaker to David Braben himself.

So heres my theory based on nothing at all other than me rubbing tin foil on myself whilst doing witch chants.

2020 will be space legs (obviously...) and will also be the end of vr in elite. The development challenges of locomotion for first person will be high on the "too hard" scale and theyll drop it.

So heres my theory based on nothing at all other than me rubbing tin foil on myself whilst doing witch chants.

2020 will be space legs (obviously...) and will also be the end of vr in elite. The development challenges of locomotion for first person will be high on the "too hard" scale and theyll drop it.

Huh? FPS VR has been tackled years ago and EVA is the easiest form of VR legs...

Huh? FPS VR has been tackled years ago and EVA is the easiest form of VR legs...
Not in elite it hasn't and they've had less and less focus on vr in recent patches i think the use of controllers will be the downfall and elite has no way to use native vr controllers for anything more than joystick emulators.

Like i said not based on much just want this here im case i get to say told you so and win internet points

Counter random guess for internet points:

They've pitched for late 2020 to launch on both the new consoles, and their VR-ready variants ;)

Lol - so they announced the next phase was in production and sat on their hands for 6 months waiting for 'their leak' to go out and see what people think. You conspiracy theorists get funnier every time :ROFLMAO:
Never underestimate the enthusiasm...
HbWfUkV.jpg

Bet you £50 you're wrong :)

That's not frontiers style, apparently the fss is practically broken in vr, and frontier haven't done anything to help. That's what they'll continue to do.
Do nothing?
Well, it's not like the FSS is game breaking. Doesn't mean you can make extra money with it. So why fix it?
When people were running profitable loops like Draconis or the travel distance or the multiple abrasion blaster, that got fixed very quickly. The rest isn't really game breaking and can wait until 2038 for the 5th expansion pack: The Bug Fix package. $49.99 at the store, LEPs already paid for this, so they will get it as part of their lifetime expansion pass.

That's not frontiers style, apparently the fss is practically broken in vr, and frontier haven't done anything to help. That's what they'll continue to do.
I've seen those complaints too. Oddly, Malic streams Elite Dangerous purely in VR yet doesn't have any trouble using the FSS. Perhaps the complaints are subjective.

I've seen those complaints too. Oddly, Malic streams Elite Dangerous purely in VR yet doesn't have any trouble using the FSS. Perhaps the complaints are subjective.

I gotta get in to double check it, but I used the FSS in VR and didn't notice whatever is meant to be wrong with it. Maybe it wasn't in 3D or something, I ain't sure, and maybe I read it as me looking at a screen. It WORKED though, I had no problem using it at least.

Unless some new VR-related bug popped up for the FSS... I know I saw the UI start going wonky on people semi-recently, but I haven't used it in a bit.

Yeah, or there are work arounds (to still have the amazing experience). For the FSS you could limit your play to the bubble.

I've only tried vr via hack driver to get the psvr working on pc. My hardware isn't really good enough for it, so was suffering from motion sickness to get too far into playing it.. and the low resolution is really dramatic. I tweaked my way to something almost usable, then opened the galaxy map and gave up.. it wasn't pleasant from memory. Could definitely appreciate the potential though.

Yeah, or there are work arounds (to still have the amazing experience). For the FSS you could limit your play to the bubble.

I've only tried vr via hack driver to get the psvr working on pc. My hardware isn't really good enough for it, so was suffering from motion sickness to get too far into playing it.. and the low resolution is really dramatic. I tweaked my way to something almost usable, then opened the galaxy map and gave up.. it wasn't pleasant from memory. Could definitely appreciate the potential though.
Okay.

the more this leak becomes "true" the less desire I have to stick around until 2020. Legs and base building are the two least desired feature I have for this game. the third would ingame coloniscopies.
100% agree with this.

I was very much hoping this leak was fake. Have no desire for legs or base-building in Elite either. The game is moving further and further away from what I consider its core aspects. I hope it all works out for the people who have been clamouring for this, but, as for me, I would have like the core game to be improved and extended first. So will be treading space and putting plans to upgrade PC/VR on hold indefinitely. Current setup works ok for now and none of the other games I play need high specs.

Hopefully we'll continue to get storyline updates, fixes, and general QoL improvements along the way for the core game; otherwise I'll also be putting my Store spending on hold. Certainly won't be spending specifically to support this particular DLC.

Hopefully we'll continue to get storyline updates, fixes, and general QoL improvements along the way for the core game; otherwise I'll also be putting my Store spending on hold. Certainly won't be spending specifically to support this particular DLC.

The tens of thousands (or more) new players that will buy Elite when the space legs base building update is released will greatly compensate for that. There's probably new character, base and ship interior cosmetics.

Base building is a popular feature of No Man's Sky and ED will be more appealing to FPS and SC players.

I think it's a desire of many space sim fans to have their own base on an exotic alien planet.

Last edited:
The tens of thousands (or more) new players that will buy Elite when the space legs base building update is released will greatly compensate for that. There's probably new character, base and ship interior cosmetics.
So basically just HOPE that it will bring on a lot of new players?

If they don't fix the game in general, some new player might come due to base building and legs, but leave again after seeing the mess and grind loops. And reviews do influence people.

Top Bottom