Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Hmm, sounds like a reasonable built, but the only Cyclops kill I could manage was in a fully gimped Conda or Cutter.

people have killed them in couriers. i did one with a fdl, i needed 3 or 4 attempts. ironically, on the successful attempt i didn't get to scan it, it jumped on me real quick.

for me the biggest concern is the swarm. the interceptor alone can easily be evaded but the swarm is a lot harder, specially once it zeroes in on you. i spent my first 3 attempts trying to control it with the flak launcher but found the swarm is very difficult to hit with that except in reverski. this was very time consuming and once i got rid of the swarm, another one would get out. in the end i just went berserk, ignored the swarm best i could and finally managed to kill the cyclops with just a couple of gauss cannons.

in a fdl though, and receiving quite some damage. i probably wouldn't have dodged well enough in a krait. still not tried to tackle a bigger interceptor, but with double the swarm i'm not at all sure i can pull that off this way. need moar practice with swarms and the flak launcher.

Last edited:
people have killed them in couriers. i did one with a fdl, i needed 3 or 4 attempts. ironically, on the successful attempt i didn't get to scan it, it jumped on me real quick.

for me the biggest concern is the swarm. the interceptor alone can easily be evaded but the swarm is a lot harder, specially once it zeroes in on you. i spent my first 3 attempts trying to control it with the flak launcher but found the swarm is very difficult to hit with that except in reverski. this was very time consuming and once i got rid of the swarm, another one would get out. in the end i just went berserk, ignored the swarm best i could and finally managed to kill the cyclops with just a couple of gauss cannons.

in a fdl though, and receiving quite some damage. i probably wouldn't have dodged well enough in a krait. still not tried to tackle a bigger interceptor, but with double the swarm i'm not at all sure i can pull that off this way. need moar practice with swarms and the flak launcher.
I despise synthing, so anything smaller then a medium or bigger then a Basilisk is out for me anyways. Kudos to the CMDRs pulling that off, but not for me.

I despise synthing, so anything smaller then a medium or bigger then a Basilisk is out for me anyways. Kudos to the CMDRs pulling that off, but not for me.

no synth involved, actually, just the perceptive guardian grind for gauss, flak and the reinforcement for the caustic damage.

also this was a few months ago in the pleiades, not in these new invasion zones, might be different! :D

Krait mk2 with boosted prismatics, hull and module reinforcements, ax multi and guardian gauss cannons.
Hmm, personally I'd ditch the AX multi's, unless your an ace with fixed guns. I'm not! ;).
I have 4 gauss Cannons on my Krait, but I don't use them all at once! I either use 3 at once (usually in solo), or 2 then 2 when ammo runs out on the 1st pair.
I don't bother trying to take out the swarm, just too much hassle, so I can only take out a cyclops solo. I also hate regular synthing (for battle).

Oh, my Krait's build

It's been noted this week that NHSS are appearing in Incursion systems (as well as the AX CZ), so presumably they will count towards saving the system. Also the Thargoid Massacre missions are back in the rescue ships, and I guess Aegis ships, along with Salvage missions!

Targets this week

Incursions (AX CZ) : Just check galnet 2nd post ;)

Infestations (NHSS):
As per Eagle Eye (below) - no NHSS seen in Ehlauneti so far, others have them
this week found by CMDR Robbie

Eagle Eye
EE1: HIP 14997
EE2: Ehlauneti
EE3: Garongxians
EE4: Otherni
EE5: Kotigeni
EE6: Gorengathi

NHSS are often delayed, you may find them if you check even the No-NHSS systems

Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

Notes:
  • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article (in-game only) and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.)
  • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
  • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
  • There is a galmap filter to help find Incursion systems
  • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are listed in Galnet as 'No Thargoid Presence' :)
  • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then it is a lower priority.
  • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 2 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
  • And you can get (sometimes bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships / Rescue Ships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
  • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
  • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system

Further to my AX Krait build, seeing as I almost never use the flak cannon, I'm going to ditch it in favour of a cls 3 beam, although I was wondering if a normal MC would be better against scouts?

You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 2 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
Lol :D, now I know you're having a laugh ;)
Thanks for the updates :)

Last edited:
nu-uh.....not seeing any of them.
Me too, not seeing any tonight, been to Obassi, Dan, Tamit, HIP 30045 and currently in Opetes. Nothing happening, except non Xeno conflict zones.
Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article (in-game only)
Good spot, No Thargoid activity.....

Also Zero missions in rescue ships.
Regards
Pug

Last edited:
Top Bottom