The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Today's video simply reinforces that every area in SC is basically handcrafted to fidelity. The "procedural tech" is anything but, and their "fully modular systems" are not modular at all in the sense I understand it - merely prefabbed assets that fully depend upon other prefabbed assets and manual placement / enhancement by at least three different teams.

For example - upon manifesting their hotdog, instead of it being a bun asset, a sausage, and topping which could be procedurally generated, they have discreet bun, bun and sausage, and bun and sausage and topping for each urm, flavor ??

I doubt they'll manage to produce 100 systems.

Last edited:
I always thought modding is your best resume in order to apply for a job at said company. These guys demonstrate talent, creativity and are motivated to the moon and back

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Today's video simply reinforces that every area in SC is basically handcrafted to fidelity. The "procedural tech" is anything but, and their "fully modular systems" are not modular at all in the sense I understand it - merely prefabbed assets that fully depend upon other prefabbed assets and manual placement / enhancement by at least three different teams.

For example - upon manifesting their hotdog, instead of it being a bun asset, a sausage, and topping which could be procedurally generated, they have discreet bun, bun and sausage, and bun and sausage and topping for each urm, flavor ??

I doubt they'll manage to produce 100 systems.

Argh, that video is the 1 hour+ duration one? Any chance you could have good time stamps for that part about the "not really procedural but hand crafted tech"?

Well given the very first system is not done yet, and nothing can be found on the roadmap until end of Q1 2020, maybe we can expect a 2nd fully handcrafted system by the end of 2022 ?

Excuse 1: Its all about those pipelines baby. Once they have the tech created to make the pipelines to make the systems they will be pumping them out every week!

Excuse 2: This one is only going slow because they are adding the assets to make systems. Once this one is done the rest will come quicker because the assets will largely be done.

Excuse 3: Expanded scope! We voted for it! (actually, they never voted on full planets) Of course now they have full planets instead of parts of planets there won't be a 100 systems any time soon but there will be more content in those few systems on release than any other AAA game!

PS: All actual arguments i've heard.

Argh, that video is the 1 hour+ duration one? Any chance you could have good time stamps for that part about the "not really procedural but hand crafted tech"?

My barely adequate psychic defences are crumbling, and going through the whole thing again is, I feel, too much to ask of anyone.

But I shall at least try ;)

There hasn't been even a single Banu race member seen in the game yet isn't it? And the Vanduul and Xi'an?

Hasn't CIG already developed languages for their alien races even though they are no where near implementing them in the game?

I started playing Rebel Galaxy (it's currently free on ECG); it's seems like a solid game. I like the world building in RG, it's stylish. Reminds me of Gordon Stuart's Space Trucker film. Let's see how it goes.

Hasn't CIG already developed languages for their alien races even though they are no where near implementing them in the game?

I started playing Rebel Galaxy (it's currently free on ECG); it's seems like a solid game. I like the world building in RG, it's stylish. Reminds me of Gordon Stuart's Space Trucker film. Let's see how it goes.

Ah no the story was that they employed a real linguist to create a believable alien language. Dont think that dude ever got around to hand in anything tho...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom