i’ve been an elite dangerous commander for a while now, and I find the search for Raxxla very interesting. I’m curious as well. I’ve noticed a few references to movies, names on stations, Easter eggs, ect. Is there a station called Alexander Kerensky by any chance? I thought I’ve seen that name in the bubble somewhere. I’ve also noticed a reference to Arcadia. The information I might part with is based on Star League and the SLDF and their leader Alexander Kerensky. Gen. Kerensky was leading the SLDF from SOL (inner sphere) on an Exodus some 1300 light years distance and ended up at the Pentagon worlds. One of the worlds was called Arcadia. The five worlds are called Babylon, Eden, Circe, Dagda, and Arcadia. Raxxla has a pentagonal symbol right? I have a hunch they could be system names but I haven’t looked into it as of yet. Heh, just food for thought.

Good try, but the Raxxla icon is hexagonal..

I visited them in DW2 earlier this year. At the time one site was being overflown by 3 aggressive NPC. Seem to remember I landed some distance away and visited by buggy.

That sounds like a quest where I die trying something stupid..I do have that 1 efficient small Beam Laser for Guardian Beacons....nah Ill take the advice and land far away:)

I wondered about the Old Worlds, but on Sunday while I was reading through the codex I checked their Wiki entries. Most were colonised after the first reported rumour of Raxxla. Together with the emphasis on them in the original game etc I think this decreases the liklihood Raxxla would be located there. Cant be conclusive though.

I do think the DW station is significant in the quest though, and I don’t think the star types are correct for that.

Just being really pedantic. Colonised after doesn't mean not discovered beforehand or in use (mining etc). Id like it to be connected to the old worlds and the old lore somehow, not necessarily in the system just connected somehow or a link to them, if its not its not. I don't think it rules it out is all.

Im not sure anything is ruled in or out at this stage though so that's no big thing.

Just an update. Winking Cat related of course.

I already mentioned my theory on Winking Cat being related to this whole thing and how I believe the 31 August incident predicted the Golconda.

Going over the previous incident on 14 February I realized two other disappearances were possibly predicted by this theft.

He stole a Rembrandt and Guernica. Within the next two days Talitha Ambrose (the next day iirc) went missing as well as the Lucifer device (either the same day as Talitha or the following day).

Rembrandt (the first painting stolen) did an etching called “Christ raises Jairus Daughter” during this miracle Christ said “Talitha Koum” or Talitha Rise. Talitha Ambrose disappeared along with her 300billion credits. Later she’s found alive and gives us a false narrative after being “debriefed” by fed intelligence and says (probably truthfully), she wishes to do charity now. A new lease on life so to speak. Rembrandt also dies poor if I’m not mistaken reflected by the Ambrose loss of all their money.
The Lucifer Device went missing next. A weapon of warfare. Guernica is very much an anti warfare painting, and features a strange light bulb thing in it that some assume represents technology being the path to peace. What followed was the whole children of Tothos thing where Barnabas Cole preached about bringing people to Tothos’s light. There’s no deity named Tothos. All you get from searching is Todos. Spanish for “all” or “everyone”. Guernica and Picasso were Spanish. Tothos was said to reside between the stars.

I refuse to believe the fed narrative about what happened at Archambault. It wasn’t destroyed and players that landed there only noticed some services were unavailable.

I believe I had the time frame flipped. 2 days of the mystery being solveable with 1 day of it not. So 14th Feb was the “closed” window the art must have been stolen the 13th. 15th Open Window (Talitha Goes missing as predicted) 16th Open Window (Lucifer Device goes missing). 17th closed. That’s the pattern I believe that is represented by the dotted lines in the logo. Black Areas mean not findable, green areas mean its findable for two days.

Now where to search? This is the hard part. I believe it’s circulating and spiraling up and down the galactic plane on the outer rim of the core worlds around a fixed point. I doubt it’s Sol (look up Omphalos Syndrome to understand why). I believe the best way to discover this is by searching areas in the opposite directions of community goals. I’m working on my centerpoint theory and hoping by finding that the search will be easier.

One of the Diamonds said to have been housed in Golconda was the Koh I Noor (the mountain of light). It was said that it was like looking into a black hole. So perhaps we’re looking for something that at first glance appears like a black hole. Also there’s a cool dome in the Golconda fort that amplifies acoustics. Looks cool. Might not be related but if you decide to look into it, it’s interesting.

End Rant.

Just an update. Winking Cat related of course.

I already mentioned my theory on Winking Cat being related to this whole thing and how I believe the 31 August incident predicted the Golconda.

Going over the previous incident on 14 February I realized two other disappearances were possibly predicted by this theft.

He stole a Rembrandt and Guernica. Within the next two days Talitha Ambrose (the next day iirc) went missing as well as the Lucifer device (either the same day as Talitha or the following day).

Rembrandt (the first painting stolen) did an etching called “Christ raises Jairus Daughter” during this miracle Christ said “Talitha Koum” or Talitha Rise. Talitha Ambrose disappeared along with her 300billion credits. Later she’s found alive and gives us a false narrative after being “debriefed” by fed intelligence and says (probably truthfully), she wishes to do charity now. A new lease on life so to speak. Rembrandt also dies poor if I’m not mistaken reflected by the Ambrose loss of all their money.
The Lucifer Device went missing next. A weapon of warfare. Guernica is very much an anti warfare painting, and features a strange light bulb thing in it that some assume represents technology being the path to peace. What followed was the whole children of Tothos thing where Barnabas Cole preached about bringing people to Tothos’s light. There’s no deity named Tothos. All you get from searching is Todos. Spanish for “all” or “everyone”. Guernica and Picasso were Spanish. Tothos was said to reside between the stars.

I refuse to believe the fed narrative about what happened at Archambault. It wasn’t destroyed and players that landed there only noticed some services were unavailable.

I believe I had the time frame flipped. 2 days of the mystery being solveable with 1 day of it not. So 14th Feb was the “closed” window the art must have been stolen the 13th. 15th Open Window (Talitha Goes missing as predicted) 16th Open Window (Lucifer Device goes missing). 17th closed. That’s the pattern I believe that is represented by the dotted lines in the logo. Black Areas mean not findable, green areas mean its findable for two days.

Now where to search? This is the hard part. I believe it’s circulating and spiraling up and down the galactic plane on the outer rim of the core worlds around a fixed point. I doubt it’s Sol (look up Omphalos Syndrome to understand why). I believe the best way to discover this is by searching areas in the opposite directions of community goals. I’m working on my centerpoint theory and hoping by finding that the search will be easier.

One of the Diamonds said to have been housed in Golconda was the Koh I Noor (the mountain of light). It was said that it was like looking into a black hole. So perhaps we’re looking for something that at first glance appears like a black hole. Also there’s a cool dome in the Golconda fort that amplifies acoustics. Looks cool. Might not be related but if you decide to look into it, it’s interesting.

End Rant.
To add to what you have there: The Children of Tothos said something about summoning their god from “the space between the stars”. Could be a clue?

Well the space between the stars in Elite Dangerous is witchspace, and Thargoids do seem to spend a lot of time in witchspace, so you may be right there

I seem to remember from somewhere a statement (Macros-is the source listed in OP?) that the thargoids are also looking for Raxxla. If this is true, and given the fact that they only seem interested in their own or Guardian technologies & tend to otherwise ignore humanity unless attacked, I surmise that when (if!) we find Raxxla it will be a Guardian or Thargoid colonisation ship. I seem to remember Ram Tah said there were three of the former, while thargoid ships can be up to the size of a planet (I did hypothesise early on that Merope 5c is one of the latter to explain the goids interest in that system-UA/UP still point there I believe).

I think you guys are all correct. Until we find it, or at least see, it we won’t know for sure. Based on all the random stuff I’ve read and the connections I’ve noticed there might be a way to make the search easier will take me several days of testing though. If it doesn’t work then brute force and checking opposite directions of CGs might be the only way.

We have a CG starting tomorrow though so I think we’ll have to choose between going the opposite direction of the CG or falling for the distraction and getting that paint job.

Im pretty sure there’s an audible component to this as well so listen carefully out there.

I seem to remember from somewhere a statement (Macros-is the source listed in OP?) that the thargoids are also looking for Raxxla. If this is true, and given the fact that they only seem interested in their own or Guardian technologies & tend to otherwise ignore humanity unless attacked, I surmise that when (if!) we find Raxxla it will be a Guardian or Thargoid colonisation ship. I seem to remember Ram Tah said there were three of the former, while thargoid ships can be up to the size of a planet (I did hypothesise early on that Merope 5c is one of the latter to explain the goids interest in that system-UA/UP still point there I believe).
Well Thargoid hive ships are definitely a thing, as the INRA logs pointed out. Hey, was the hive ship CMDR John Jameson hit with Mycoid ever found? From the base he left from (Trianguli 12) to the system his ship was found (HIP 12099) is not a straight line but is in the general direction of the Pleiades kind of. The Cobra MkIII is a wonderful ship, but does have its limits, so how far could it realistically have travelled to the hive ship? Could Merope 5c be that ship or is that pushing it?

I think you guys are all correct. Until we find it, or at least see, it we won’t know for sure. Based on all the random stuff I’ve read and the connections I’ve noticed there might be a way to make the search easier will take me several days of testing though. If it doesn’t work then brute force and checking opposite directions of CGs might be the only way.

We have a CG starting tomorrow though so I think we’ll have to choose between going the opposite direction of the CG or falling for the distraction and getting that paint job.

Im pretty sure there’s an audible component to this as well so listen carefully out there.
I was hoping to make an appearance at the CG to at least qualify for the paint job, but realistically I have soo much on my Elite To-Do list and never enough time haha so it may not happen. In either case, if I do get over there for the CG it will likely be only to drop in for a session.

Jul 1, 2019
  • Dev Post
  • Add bookmark

• Jukelo said:

It's certainly been hypothesized, but as usual in such cases nobody has ever done the work to prove it so...
    Hi there,

People have asserted it, but it's not a thing.

The mission system is not and has never been aware of your ship or cargo while generating missions.

All it knows about any particular player before the mission list hits the client is their ranks, reputations, and unlocked engineers.

After it hits the client, it makes missions available or unavailable due to the player's ship, but it doesn't typically hide anything, it just stops you from accepting the mission (e.g because the ship is too big to land at the target market).

Thanks,
    Dom

• End Quote

• Why would the mission board generator need to be aware of your status with the Engineers...just made me wonder.

Jul 1, 2019
  • Dev Post
  • Add bookmark

• Hi there,

People have asserted it, but it's not a thing.

The mission system is not and has never been aware of your ship or cargo while generating missions.

All it knows about any particular player before the mission list hits the client is their ranks, reputations, and unlocked engineers.

After it hits the client, it makes missions available or unavailable due to the player's ship, but it doesn't typically hide anything, it just stops you from accepting the mission (e.g because the ship is too big to land at the target market).

Thanks,
    Dom

• End Quote

• Why would the mission board generator need to be aware of your status with the Engineers...just made me wonder.
That is strange. I have never had any missions related in anyway to my unlocked engineers? Definitely food for thought.

Well the space between the stars in Elite Dangerous is witchspace, and Thargoids do seem to spend a lot of time in witchspace, so you may be right there

Heres another thing about what you mentioned bluewolve. May be unrelated but I thought it was fitting.

Between the stars: An album by Flyleaf.
In it is a song that was vaguely related to another article. The Church of Eternal Void was led by Cardinal Hieronymous. Now, Hieronymous Bosch is another famous artist who painted Ship of Fools.

That Flyleaf album had a song named Ship of Fools the lyrics follow sorry for the wall of text:
See them sailing away singing on a ship of fools
When they tried to build a heaven, they always use the devil's tools
Oh Adam and Eve, now they're putting on their clothes
Because they can't undress the secret to make another garden grow
Maybe someday the ship could be turning around
But now all we've been building is burning us down
Keep trying, trying to fall in love
But all our hearts are full of war
We are one in the same forever try to rise above
Oh Able and Cain, whatever happened to a family's love?
As we spiral to the bottom, take someone's else's heaven away
Losing all our eyes and teeth never hearing what the golden say
Maybe someday the ship could be turning around
But all our hearts are full of war
Sail away, sail away
Someday this ship could be turning around
But all our hearts are full of war, full of war
The imagery generally falls in line with my thoughts on this thing. Could just be me reaching again.

Maybe the RamTah missions related to the Guardians might require you to have at least knowledge of his existance?

I haven't done them or unlocked Ram Tah or even visited where he lives (its not Meme but Ill go with that for now) so can test that, will let you know. Got Palins side quests for random Thargoid stuff before unlocking him though so chances are probably the same mechanics.

If we are introducing random (albeit brilliant geniuses) artists as possible sources then Id like to throw The Grateful Dead into the mix.

Top Bottom