Heres another thing about what you mentioned bluewolve. May be unrelated but I thought it was fitting.

Between the stars: An album by Flyleaf.
In it is a song that was vaguely related to another article. The Church of Eternal Void was led by Cardinal Hieronymous. Now, Hieronymous Bosch is another famous artist who painted Ship of Fools.

That Flyleaf album had a song named Ship of Fools the lyrics follow sorry for the wall of text:
See them sailing away singing on a ship of fools
When they tried to build a heaven, they always use the devil's tools
Oh Adam and Eve, now they're putting on their clothes
Because they can't undress the secret to make another garden grow
Maybe someday the ship could be turning around
But now all we've been building is burning us down
Keep trying, trying to fall in love
But all our hearts are full of war
We are one in the same forever try to rise above
Oh Able and Cain, whatever happened to a family's love?
As we spiral to the bottom, take someone's else's heaven away
Losing all our eyes and teeth never hearing what the golden say
Maybe someday the ship could be turning around
But all our hearts are full of war
Sail away, sail away
Someday this ship could be turning around
But all our hearts are full of war, full of war
The imagery generally falls in line with my thoughts on this thing. Could just be me reaching again.
There were a bunch of those fringe cults weren’t there? Might be something to it. Looking into them and their stories reported in galnet, Far Gods and Eternal Void, it’s all very Lovecraftian.

I haven't done them or unlocked Ram Tah or even visited where he lives (its not Meme but Ill go with that for now) so can test that, will let you know. Got Palins side quests for random Thargoid stuff before unlocking him though so chances are probably the same mechanics.

If we are introducing random (albeit brilliant geniuses) artists as possible sources then Id like to throw The Grateful Dead into the mix.

Mark Knopfler and Eric Clapton!!!

Gonna hit up the CG later with my T9 just to get my name on it and get the cobra paint.
Then I think I’ll try a bit of bruit force searching if the area around and between Virgo and Coma Berenices constellations. Feel it’s intriguing enough given the toast and haven’t really given much time to searching it other than a small area directly between where the two constellations are closest to each other.

Another thing I had wondered and never really figured out. When in the galmap, if you have constellations on you can only see them when centered on sol and fairly closely zoomed in.
If it’s a travel tool so you can visit the stars of the constellations, why make it so you can’t actually see the stars of the constellations marked as such once you move off of sol to select one?
Why does it seem, at least to me, that so many of the 88 Classic constellations are missing? The stars are there but they’re not displayed as constellations when you have the constellation map on. Some even seem incomplete.
If that’s the case, what constellations are shown and do the selected ones tell some kind of story?
seems fairly useless as a travel tool, and it’s not even good as a constellation map. So what purpose does it actually serve?

One other place of interest for me currently, and will probably take a little time before I can get out there because of other places I also want to see, is Corona Borealis. The crown constellation, or i welsh mythology, the castle of the silver circle. It was also featured heavily in HP Livecrafts “Hypnos” where he and an imaginary friend travel through voids to open their eyes to mysteries until they come across one he cannot cross. His friend does, but won’t speak of it. Eventually he wakes and finds his friend wasn’t real but was a sculpture he had made and inscribed on it was simply “Hypnos” in Greek.

Getting a bit wordy here I guess but bored at work :p anywho, going back to the idea that Raxxla is possibly its own system, a rogue planet, just last year PC gamer interviewed one of the Devs that made the stellar forge and they said that when a system is generated, beyond all the internal math that goes on, other factors like rogue planets and passing comets are also thrown into the mix. This can create fledgling moons (I assume as captured comets) and throw off orbits (in the case of gravitational influence of rogue planets).

There is a classification Rogue for planets in game, but none ever found.
The way the game is currently built, a rogue type planet would either be wrongly classfied on map as a Brown Dwarf (real world astronomy is unsure whether some spotted objects are dwarf's or Rogue planets) or only be in a system for a limited time (when its orbit brings it to the edges of a system).
My guess would be that a Rogue would only be in system at certain times, for a week, after a server update, then leave the system again, until x amount of time has passed and the update adds it back again, would be easy to miss one this way. Maybe some of the mythology people have dug up around Raxxla could indicate a date, a religious celebration from history? But even then you would have to know what system, or have a team of people in a number of systems at a certain date to chek.

There is a classification Rogue for planets in game, but none ever found.
The way the game is currently built, a rogue type planet would either be wrongly classfied on map as a Brown Dwarf (real world astronomy is unsure whether some spotted objects are dwarf's or Rogue planets) or only be in a system for a limited time (when its orbit brings it to the edges of a system).
My guess would be that a Rogue would only be in system at certain times, for a week, after a server update, then leave the system again, until x amount of time has passed and the update adds it back again, would be easy to miss one this way. Maybe some of the mythology people have dug up around Raxxla could indicate a date, a religious celebration from history? But even then you would have to know what system, or have a team of people in a number of systems at a certain date to chek.
True. Idk if it would be incorrectly marked as a brown dwarf tho since a brown dwarf is a type of in game object with its own model type, and a rogue planet is its own classification with what, I would assume, is a different model type/types.
Rogue planets I suppose could jump system to system on updates, but that would seem an odd way to approach them since once a rogue planet is in interstellar space, even at high speeds, it would be millennia or eons before it reached even a star that’s relatively close.
Would it be possible that they’re on the galmap but would simply never be selected by the plotting system since it plots by stars? So you’d have to find a body manually that is not only not luminous but small enough that the object itself wouldn’t be visible on the map?
Or perhaps there is a randomized chance that when jumping between systems that you may get caught by its gravity well and pulled from hyperspace like a Thargoid hyperdiction? They’d probably be stationary objects as far as the game is concerned because even at high speeds they’re so slow by galactic standards that they might as well be motionless.

Noticed this too that Rogue Planet is listed in the files under Star Description and not planet type.
094DE525-E2BE-4E3F-85E1-8C96651D0C43.jpeg

Thanks for the replies on Witchspace all.

What I was wondering is if the Thargoids are travelling in Dark Matter/Energy, hence why we can’t chase them. Will we one day get the same kind of engine tech reverse engineered so we can travel by Dark Matter/Energy?!

Could Raxxla be a portal to allow us to travel via Dark Matter/Energy....

I find myself pondering all sorts of ideas on Raxxla, I’m somewhat of a lurker to this thread. But I just started thinking about Dark Matter/Energy as a possibility.....

there are many ways of traversing hyperspace in elite universe. jump drives are just the current mass market form. They produce a wake cloud that dissipates fairly fast but not fast enough to be un-traceable. Older forms of the tech had these types of residue clouds last longer or not at all. It's a product of the drive tech, not hyperspace itself.

Alright about to get on in a few mins but thought this was interesting. MB started a website about the Tau Ceti mission back in 2015. The website is since closed but the way back machine has some of it saved. Anywho seems what it is is a chronicle of the Venti probe sent to tau Ceti in 2099 and what it discovered. After a 200 year trip it arrives there and discovers the cetians, and from there goes on another mission to Epsilon Indi. Once it completes its mission there, from what I can gather from the fragmented info, is that it was angled off towards the LMC and sent off. Idk if it’s supposed to be in game or not but an early probe containing information about our earliest contacts etc might prove of worth. Also, it apparently encountered “sun dragons”. They seem like alien forms but also objects from what I can gather. Not much info on that part of it from TWBM saves. But there’s mention of “the sun dragon objects”. Made me think of TDW symbol (which sure from what I know is fan made but who that fan is who knows. Might be MB for all we know) a dragon clutching stars/planets around the galaxy. Wonder if there is a connection or a more complete archive of what MB wrote on the matter.

Top Bottom