I'd like to backtrack to the installation found in lft 9 to 6 b a belt cluster 1. So I decided to stop and check this out myself for the first time. The installation proved to be less than exciting. The real excitement came when I turned around and looked back towards the star. Can't remember if this was mentioned or not I feel like it might have been and I may even have commented on it but this belt cluster is super cloudy and I can't see anything at all. Also once you get towards the denser part of the clouds these don't even look like normal asteroids. I have a gut feeling this might be a shattered planet. it reminds me a lot of the way I pictured the real soontill from 'and here the wheel' after it was all said and done.

I will be the first to admit my exploration experience in this game is novice at best. anybody with experience that hasn't been here to check this out yet I would encourage to go look at it cuz even if it's nothing it still looks really cool especially when looking at the class L star from inside the clouds
Hmm I didn’t really notice it being cloudy when I was there. Could possibly be that there was some core mining going on there when you visited? That has a tendency to create big dust clouds. Is a really cool visual effect actually.

Edit: You can see one in the background of this pic from a distance;

Elite Dangerous Core

Do you think it kind of looked like that?

Last edited:
I'd like to backtrack to the installation found in lft 9 to 6 b a belt cluster 1. So I decided to stop and check this out myself for the first time. The installation proved to be less than exciting. The real excitement came when I turned around and looked back towards the star. Can't remember if this was mentioned or not I feel like it might have been and I may even have commented on it but this belt cluster is super cloudy and I can't see anything at all. Also once you get towards the denser part of the clouds these don't even look like normal asteroids. I have a gut feeling this might be a shattered planet. it reminds me a lot of the way I pictured the real soontill from 'and here the wheel' after it was all said and done.

I will be the first to admit my exploration experience in this game is novice at best. anybody with experience that hasn't been here to check this out yet I would encourage to go look at it cuz even if it's nothing it still looks really cool especially when looking at the class L star from inside the clouds
Found a Notable Stellar Phenomena with a cloud so thick you couldn't see the local star through it (not in game or I'd pass on the coords, plus I've seen mention that specific system is bugged and the stellar phenomena don't always appear (DB-something? Near Witch Head, on the way to Running Man.).)

Went through at dead slow in normal space, found no contacts and it was nowhere near planet sized.

[Edit: Checked map, can't recall if it was Oort, BD-12 1172 or V380 Orionis. Shame they don't show up!]

Last edited:
Hmm I didn’t really notice it being cloudy when I was there. Could possibly be that there was some core mining going on there when you visited? That has a tendency to create big dust clouds. Is a really cool visual effect actually.

Edit: You can see one in the background of this pic from a distance;

Elite Dangerous Core

Do you think it kind of looked like that?
There were no other ships around to have blown them up. Ive never noticed to npcs to do Core mining. I've only ever seen them surface mining before

Not in my private group though. Would that cross from open like that?

I'm not convinced it's anything spectacular to do with the dark wheel or raxxla related specifically. I just thought it was odd, I guess because I was in a private group and there was no one else to have done core mining in the system.

Last edited:
Not in my private group though. Would that cross from open like that?

I'm not convinced it's anything spectacular to do with the dark wheel or raxxla related specifically. I just thought it was odd, I guess because I was in a private group and there was no one else to have done core mining in the system.

Dust clouds from core mining?

All core asteroids and hence dust clouds are shared across all instances, open, solo or pg. Laser mining on the other hand is per individual, not shared.

Dust clouds from core mining?

All core asteroids and hence dust clouds are shared across all instances, open, solo or pg. Laser mining on the other hand is per individual, not shared.
I didnt know that, thanks. Also they were metal looking, ive only dcm'd vopals so idk if those have the same fissures for seismics or not. Would that still be a possibilty? I encourage anyone check it out and let me know if you get similar results

I was looking at the routes of generation ships today to see if there were "crossovers" found one so far... not really sure it amounts to anything... but ya ... what if what caused the Antares accident also caused that of the Demeter ...

SruUMDX.jpg
I love the analysis here. I’m very hesitant to trust anything in regards to Sirius Corp though (they do strike me as the type to fake a ship disaster) but I’ll definitely be taking a closer look at Demeter and that region.

I was near Guardian thing some time ago. Same fog or cloud was there. Very beautiful view. I have a theory that this cloud may somehow zoom in planets in system as a bright areas. But I should recheck this feature.

Forum tip: Editing a reposted quote might be considered 'impersonating another forum user', attracting a negative consequence although, tinfoilers in this thread are unlikely to be motivated to silence you, lol :p
Oh wow really? That’s ridiculous moderation if true. I am a moderator on another forum and I would never in a hundred years have even thought that would be an issue. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

I didnt know that, thanks. Also they were metal looking, ive only dcm'd vopals so idk if those have the same fissures for seismics or not. Would that still be a possibilty? I encourage anyone check it out and let me know if you get similar results

You are talking about LFT 926 belt cluster right?

Afaik it is possible for a belt cluster to have a crackable core asteroid. Most I've heard of is just 1 asteroid. I doubt it would cause that much of a dust cloud. Might be something else then.

You are talking about LFT 926 belt cluster right?

Afaik it is possible for a belt cluster to have a crackable core asteroid. Most I've heard of is just 1 asteroid. I doubt it would cause that much of a dust cloud. Might be something else then.
Its this one. Also, for anyone who hasnt checked it out yet, here's the installation thats right there with the belt. The belt in question is lft 926 B A belt cluster 1, as shown in pic
Screenshot_20191216-031809.png

I could go back and do more pics but im sure people will still see for themselves if they are actually interested. I dont want to overly flood this thread with my pics unless otherwise necessary. There are way more qualified explorers here and i dont want to push my ideas too much if they could end up misleading too much.

Its this one. Also, for anyone who hasnt checked it out yet, here's the installation thats right there with the belt. The belt in question is lft 926 B A belt cluster 1, as shown in pic
View attachment 155632

I could go back and do more pics but im sure people will still see for themselves if they are actually interested. I dont want to overly flood this thread with my pics unless otherwise necessary. There are way more qualified explorers here and i dont want to push my ideas too much if they could end up misleading too much.

Well I am there now and it certainly looks like a leftover dust cloud from a cracked asteroid. I can see the remnants in mine.

cracked core.JPG

Top Bottom