Ok im good with that, still 9 hours is an awful long time for it to still be there. Im gonna assume you know better from experience but remain suspicious for my own tin foil benefits lol

That's odd. I've only ever heard of the galactic coordinate system with Sag A as galactic center and galactic north at Coma Berenices.
Coma Berenices is the galactic north pole, as viewed from earth. It's 'UP' in the galactic plane, like Polaris is 'UP' in the celestial sphere.
The 'other' North is flat in the galactic plane. It's a top down view of a 2D galaxy.

It's a bit confusing with three norths. 😬

l: 0 b:0 is sometimes north (Sag A)
l: 90 b: 0 is sometimes north (in Cygnus)
l: 0 b: 90 is sometimes north (in Coma Berenices)

Coma Berenices is the galactic north pole, as viewed from earth. It's 'UP' in the galactic plane, like Polaris is 'UP' in the celestial sphere.
The 'other' North is flat in the galactic plane. It's a top down view of a 2D galaxy.

It's a bit confusing with three norths. 😬

l: 0 b:0 is sometimes north (Sag A)
l: 90 b: 0 is sometimes north (in Cygnus)
l: 0 b: 90 is sometimes north (in Coma Berenices)

Thanks. Well that's confusing.

Sure I heard somewhere the dust from core roid mining will last for a few days, dunno if it its separate to the roid respawning or not, sure that takes longer so rings can become depleted.

Ill go and have a look anyway coz the installation may be unusual and I want to check the mechanics out, will report back with no findings and conclusions later Im sure.

Im not joining YT or Twitch or any of em to be able to chat just to enter the comps but if someone could ask em to turn up the volume it would be handy please.

That's odd. I've only ever heard of the galactic coordinate system with Sag A as galactic center and galactic north at Coma Berenices.
Ya I have directional issues... i am a believer that much like our planetary north pole the galactic north should be on an arbitrary spot somewhat close to the axis of rotation. And when im emperor all who dont will be trampled under the iron boots of my correctly aligned troops... But until then im forced to rewrite the xyzs every time....

That screenshot of installation in LFT 926. What is this?
Screenshot1.png

That screenshot of installation in LFT 926. What is this?
View attachment 155692

Its a pretty common structure on most installations iirc. Its like a rotating heat vent? Yeah its been mentioned and spotted before probably months or years back.

There are very many common structures in ED which have the hexagon shape e.g. take a look at the advertisement projectors outside of coriolis stations.

has anyone tried doing the opposite of what would seam obvious, and gain negative reputation instead with the suspicious factions? like the supposed "fake dark wheel" faction? maybe that could be a way to prove aptittude to the real dark wheel and be messaged by them. after all, like how the codex sugests, if you are a hidden member of TDW, trained from childhood but forgot about it years later, thinking and acting like how a real member would, could be seen as a proof that you have regained your memory about being already member of the DW, and your acting on it by silencing any fake impersonators that usurp their name. i always had this thought but never actually tried it myself. im far away from the bubble now, to try any of this sadly.

Last edited:
has anyone tried doing the opposite of what's obvious, and gain negative reputation instead with the suspicious factions? like the supposed "fake dark wheel" faction? maybe that could be a way to prove aptittude to the real dark wheel and be messaged by them. i always had this thought but never actually tried it myself. im far away from the bubble now, to try any of this sadly.

So a pilot achieves an Elite ranking (which is supposed to be top tier and super difficult in the ED lore), be given access to Shinrarta Dezhra by the PF where The Dark Wheel faction grants him the ability to buy everything at a discount at a station they control and yet somehow he should doubt that an organization with this level of influence and power in the entire Galaxy is not the real TDW?

Mmm ok...

So a pilot achieves an Elite ranking (which is supposed to be top tier and super difficult in the ED lore), be given access to Shinrarta Dezhra by the PF where The Dark Wheel faction grants him the ability to buy everything at a discount at a station they control and yet somehow he should doubt that an organization with this level of influence and power in the entire Galaxy is not the real TDW?

Mmm ok...

Elite Premonition by Drew Wagar was, I think, commissioned by FD, certainly they must have had a say in what it went into it:
“Shinrarta Dezhra?’ The woman laughed, her scorn plain to hear. ‘You think the Dark Wheel advertises on a station board in plain sight? That we need rookie pilots to drag a couple of tonnes of thrumpberry flavouring across to Hutton Orbital? A trivial ploy to keep the Founders off our backs.’
‘I’m gratified to hear it,’ Thorn replied. ‘You had me worried for a moment.’
‘It was a little too obvious,’ Lestenio agreed.
‘It keeps the treasure seekers and wishful thinkers occupied,’ the woman said. ‘They believe they are onto something. They have their uses for occasional menial activities. The truth is far more subtle than they will ever suspect. Shinrarta is merely a front.’
‘So …?’
‘You should not consider the Dark Wheel a single organisation, gentlemen. How could it survive for so long if it were? The Wheel has many levels, many hubs, cogs, gears and spokes.
“It is more akin to an affiliation of organisations that share certain common goals. Interlocking in purpose. Consider yourselves now spinning on the outermost rim.”

So TRDW maintain Shinrarta DW as a front, the outermost rim....

Mmm ok...

we know that the dark wheel likes secrecy, like top tier secrecy. and for them to have a base in that one most famous, and first system you get access to as you achieve elite status, doesn't sound like how the real DW does things around. it's way too easy and in the open. besides, nothing much seems to come from that faction other than some normal missions. people have tried everything by now, and surely something would have come up if they were legit.

but who knows...
edit: also what Jorki Rasalas said above.

Last edited:
So, any outcome from the livestream? Anybody submit the Quest questions? Do we have any clarification??

afaik nobody asked anything or they didnt answer any Qs i dont think, had it on in background so didnt see most chat. Missed first 20 mins and sound was rubbish as usual...1 Star

Edit: almost as good a certain British critics review 'Worst show I have ever seen' (he gave the tickets to a friend and didnt go to the show at all, got sacked for it)

Top Bottom