Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Got my Guardian FSD booster unlocked and bought. Armed trader Anaconda now jumps well over 42ly, which is liberating to say the least. About to fit a booster to my Orca to make sightseeing missions much faster, and then build a Keelback for void opal mining. Always something!

o7
Fsd booster, another 'why didn't I do this ages ago?' moments for me. :D

Currently dropping off Hutton Mugs everywhere in my Python (good ole Robigo Runner), when this load's gone I was thinking of swapping to the Keelback 'Weak Sauce'. Why? Because it is an absolute joy to fly.:D

Fsd booster, another 'why didn't I do this ages ago?' moments for me. :D

Currently dropping off Hutton Mugs everywhere in my Python (good ole Robigo Runner), when this load's gone I was thinking of swapping to the Keelback 'Weak Sauce'. Why? Because it is an absolute joy to fly.:D
Yes exactly - when I think of all those multiple jump journeys, and how the FSD booster would have speeded things up. Sigh! I guess, having gone through the grind, that we appreciate it more having done it now?

Yes love my T6 and Keelback. Use the T6 for light trading, mats gathering and exploration, so figure the Keelback will make a good miner. Love those two ships, probably my two favourites.

Njiri Rescue Logistics #14 'Triton', general rescue and Guardian research vessel. Can be outfitted for refuelling and repair duties.

Not to be assigned to fast response roster
D6T5OpuWsAEvmPe

I've started practicing for this:

1579359677504.png

It does cost you a few rebuys here and there, but Eagles are dirt cheap, and the track does get the adrenaline flowing. I wish Fdev would make us a proper racetrack with timing in-game, but this is as close as it gets.

Source: https://youtu.be/yXsyctMD0Jk

Wow, that's a very cool idea, Cmdr We
Can't hurt to suggest it to FD
I think something similar has been suggested several times. Some of the large installations or the QCQ track could also be used. I've never figured out what Fdev said.

At least the Eagle is getting there.

HighResScreenShot_2020-01-18_16-39-42 (2).jpg

1579371084065.png

Now it's just practice. The hardest parts are the mailslot 180 and the landing, and I've yet to do a set of laps without ramming thingies.

Taking a few days off from training up my new crew to get away from it all.So if it all kicks off in Colonia in the meantime it may well be down to the mistresses of mirth,mischief and mayhem,(well she's darn good with a needle,and she's had me in stitches) that constitute my crew:).I shall be interested to see how they get on on their own.I've a feeling they'll do fine.I' m often wrong.:)

Last edited:
I think something similar has been suggested several times. Some of the large installations or the QCQ track could also be used. I've never figured out what Fdev said.
Yes,some of those installations are worth having a go at. There's one in the bubble Driveyards?Can't remember the system name offhand,its a BRC track.it's there all year round.and the services are a short hop for re-tuning engines.Or Pomeche if you like wheeeeeels. :giggle:

Last edited:
This is hilarious! I tumble around inside the station trying to boost out the mailslot. 🤣

Once outside, with FAon, boost turning works just fine, once you get a sense of the ships inertia vs them sweeet EP thrusters. Did two almost perfect laps, only hitting the back wall of the station while doing the 180, holy spaghetti! Hit the wall pretty hard with the rear end of the tiny ship, but the shields ate all of the impact, which then sent me straight towards the mailslot. Now this is racing! 🖖

All seemed to sum up, and I had already requested docking deciding to land hard but determined, when boost turning towards the slot, BAAM! SPARKS! TUMBLE! regain control and some consciousness, and then someone smacked a fine on my forehead! 😦👮‍♂️

Gotta try that a couple of times more! Just need to pay that fine first!

Even the paint is cheap when -Eagle. This will be my dedicated racer called Enzo Reckless Fly. Who needs jump range anyways?

HighResScreenShot_2020-01-18_20-01-46 (2).jpg

Last edited:
This is hilarious! I tumble around inside the station trying to boost out the mailslot. 🤣

Once outside, with FAon, boost turning works just fine, once you get a sense of the ships inertia vs them sweeet EP thrusters. Did two almost perfect laps, only hitting the back wall of the station while doing the 180, holy spaghetti! Hit the wall pretty hard with the rear end of the tiny ship, but the shields ate all of the impact, which then sent me straight towards the mailslot. Now this is racing! 🖖

All seemed to sum up, and I had already requested docking deciding to land hard but determined, when boost turning towards the slot, BAAM! SPARKS! TUMBLE! regain control and some consciousness, and then someone smacked a fine on my forehead! 😦👮‍♂️

Gotta try that a couple of times more! Just need to pay that fine first!

Even the paint is cheap when -Eagle. This will be my dedicated racer called Enzo Reckless Fly. Who needs jump range anyways?

View attachment 159433
(y)

Hmmm. Is it just me, or should "large" ships look, well, bigger?

rWWe9fs.jpg

And another thing, whoever said FD likes the colour orange?

TyNwcJq.jpg

And lastly, a lesson learnt: one should not assume SCA will be A Good Thing. While developing the above photo's, I suddenly heard the sickening noise of a ship - MY ship - going into plantary orbit at warp speed because the SCA AI isn't clever enough to avoid such massive objects. 37K credits in hull repairs because the algo's are missing from the code. Bah.*

* Gosh. Is that the first bit of salt I've written on these forums? It was on my to do list :D

I made it worse...Upside down on spike...??...do I self destruct?....will I lose the full compliment of top five shard heavy metals (150units of each)???

Attachments

• spikedup0000.png
    spikedup0000.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 213
  • spikedup0001.png
    spikedup0001.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 215
  • spikedup0002.png
    spikedup0002.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 220
I made it worse...Upside down on spike...??...do I self destruct?....will I lose the full compliment of top five shard heavy metals (150units of each)???
Sorry panic over....did the logout and re log to not horizons. Recovered to orbit. then logged out and re logged into horizons.
All mats and srv are safe in orbit. Heading back to safety of the bubble to the nearest mat trader. A new phantom needs engineering.

Top Bottom