Patch Notes January Update - Patch 2

dont understand if you take npc powerplant most the hull is already gone they only last a shot or two longer have you been playing long its a fair comment but they are computer generated and will act different fly safe cmdr 07

So....how does everyone feel about getting this "bug-fix and totally not a nerf on making money" update. Was giving up fleet carriers a good trade? did you get all the bug fixes you were hoping for.

would you rather have gotten fleet carriers and lived with the bugs that got fixed?

Intentional? Why would it be intentional? Makes no sense whatsoever. Silly statement
FD reasons. One example: I can see a new player taking the bait and without being careful, might go shooting a friendly. I know. Silly. And silly me for having CT thoughts. I've duly flogged myself. :alien:

So....how does everyone feel about getting this "bug-fix and totally not a nerf on making money" update. Was giving up fleet carriers a good trade? did you get all the bug fixes you were hoping for.

would you rather have gotten fleet carriers and lived with the bugs that got fixed?
Totally not a nerf on making money for me... Never noticed many bugs to start with, and those I did have mainly been fixed quickly enough...
Sorry, I can't seem to gather enough effort to be totally negative over the game, thankfully there are enough others who are willing to expend the effort instead :)

It wasn't a trade though, that's where you are wrong. If there was no bug fix update, we still wouldn't have FCs now. At least not a working version.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

It was worth it. Yes, I am still very upset that bug fixing meant not only delaying FC, but also removing Interstellar Initiatives, which were the closest thing to a new content for veteran players that we got in a long while. Which then subsequently completely killed Galnet and any ongoing story in the game. I am absolutely gutted about the complete hiatus that the game is in currently.

BUT. I did experience majority of the bugs that were fixed and I am glad they are gone now. I'm hoping for at least one more bugfix patch and then FC. I also think that there's potentially less chance of FC introducing new bugs, now that so many other ones were fixed.

Therefore overall - yes, I think it was ultimately a good decision, even though the immediate consequences are massively disappointing and upsetting. As were the events leading to the current situation (so called "community" petition and open letter, which in reality was a closed blackmail :p )

After spending some time on PC Alt, i just returned to XB main.
Yes, the stuttering when dropping out of hyperjump near the star are (almost) gone, but the game on XB still stutters quite annoyingly when getting close to planetary bodies / stations

Therefore overall - yes, I think it was ultimately a good decision, even though the immediate consequences are massively disappointing and upsetting. As were the events leading to the current situation (so called "community" petition and open letter, which in reality was a closed blackmail :p )

This ^^^^.

The bugfixes were needed. The Comms panel loss of keyboard bug was the major one that bit me, but that is thankfully gone now. (y)

The only other bug I now have is server disconnects. I've been playing for at least 6 hours non-stop today and have been "dropped" 6 times. What is wrong with the servers? It's an old problem and not due to my internet connection as far as I can tell. The last time my internet connection went down is more than a month ago and not while playing Elite Dangerous. (ISP maintenance to infra.) I tried IPv6 only but that doesn't seem to help even when you modify local game files to get IPv6 working. Is there any way to escalate or report this problem to Frontier in a meaningful way?

Deleted member 38366

D
I've sampled for Bounty Hunting/SLF Bugs in HighRES and Scenarios - and they seem fixed :)

So far, no more "Random Authority Vessels turn hostile" anymore, nor "SLF incurs rapid Bounties during RES/HighRES or Scenario combat at Installations"

The only remaining issues :
  • 1) Hostile auto-target resolution often still not propagated between SLF and Mothership in a RES (a hostile NPC positively engaging the Mothership can still count as unresolved/no basic scan complete to the SLF and vice versa)
  • can be reproduced by alternating between Mothership and SLF and checking Red Contacts that often still require basic scan, which shouldn't be the case anymore

• 2) with Scenarios at Installations, the proper Hostile declaration is still often missing on enemy NPCs, often all of them i.e. at Wave 2 or 3, despite being Red on the Scanner... only attacking them or getting hit by them properly registers them as fully Hostile
  • can be reproduced by seeing deployed SLF not engaging while under "Engage at will" order despite Hostiles in sensor range
  • can be reproduced by "Target Highest Threat" or "Cycle previous/next Hostile Target" Hoykeys not working at all (frequent) or only accepting a few Targets (very frequent)

Still, good that SLF Operations or prolonged stay in a HighRES doesn't result in frequent bugged Bounties anymore :)

PS.
I could be wrong, but I thought I read that Installations should now (Jan Update) declare their owning Faction (for Scenarios) either in FSS or in the NAV Panels (after clicking for Details) like Stations/Outposts etc. already do (?)
Not seeing it, so it's still trial & error - or feeding a Spreadsheet to figure out where to go for which Faction to support.
Unsure if I got that misread or if that little thing is missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've sampled for Bounty Hunting/SLF Bugs in HighRES and Scenarios - and they seem fixed :)

So far, no more "Random Authority Vessels turn hostile" anymore, nor "SLF incurs rapid Bounties during RES/HighRES or Scenario combat at Installations"

The only remaining issues :
  • 1) Hostile auto-target resolution often still not propagated between SLF and Mothership in a RES (a hostile NPC positively engaging the Mothership can still count as unresolved/no basic scan complete to the SLF and vice versa)
  • can be reproduced by alternating between Mothership and SLF and checking Red Contacts that often still require basic scan, which shouldn't be the case anymore

• 2) with Scenarios at Installations, the proper Hostile declaration is still often missing on enemy NPCs, often all of them i.e. at Wave 2 or 3, despite being Red on the Scanner... only attacking them or getting hit by them properly registers them as fully Hostile
  • can be reproduced by seeing deployed SLF not engaging while under "Engage at will" order despite Hostiles in sensor range
  • can be reproduced by "Target Highest Threat" or "Cycle previous/next Hostile Target" Hoykeys not working at all (frequent) or only accepting a few Targets (very frequent)

Still, good that SLF Operations or prolonged stay in a HighRES doesn't result in frequent bugged Bounties anymore :)

PS.
I could be wrong, but I thought I read that Installations should now (Jan Update) declare their owning Faction (for Scenarios) either in FSS or in the NAV Panels (after clicking for Details) like Stations/Outposts etc. already do (?)
Not seeing it, so it's still trial & error - or feeding a Spreadsheet to figure out where to go for which Faction to support.
Unsure if I got that misread or if that little thing is missing.
Sometimes i wonder if the DEVs ever tried anything in Multicrew ever since it was implemented. The CM's in their streams also seem to avoid this feature except for times when they are "Guests" in Malics Krait.

Deleted member 38366

D
Sometimes i wonder if the DEVs ever tried anything in Multicrew ever since it was implemented. The CM's in their streams also seem to avoid this feature except for times when they are "Guests" in Malics Krait.

Hm, I only sampled alone (NPC Crew, no MultiCrew), so I actually wouldn't know if there's remaining or additional issues when deploying there in MultiCrew.

Deleted member 38366

D
Ah dangit, looks like I spoke too early.

SLF NPCs can still incur Bounties during MegaShip/Installation Scenarios.

XG7 managed to hit a mere few rounds with its Plasma and it got me a Bounty + aggro Allied Ships I soon had to run from.
Other SLF (Taipan/Beam) just got me a few Reckless Weapon Fire discharge fines today.

So I guess SLF use during Scenarios is still "edgy" due to Friendly Fire rules being too tight for the NPC Crew and its limitations.

ELITE-ScenarioBounty.jpg

(own Weapons were on WCS Tight as always when the Installation/MegaShip in view / no clear Avenue of Fire, hits on Target - and a few on MegaShip - by XG7 NPC SLF )

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom