The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

I have a submission! My first too so please let me know if you need anything else, I tried to resize the pictures myself, but... failed, sorry.

Name: The eyes of Ra

search ref: CRYATHS AA-A H0

Description: Sitting hundreds of light years above the galactic plane in the errant marches, this system is likely to require a handful of fsd boosts to reach. The main star is a gargantuan 109 solar mass Herbig Ae/Be star in binary orbit with a black hole. Orbiting that pair 4000ls away is an O class star, itself in an incredibly tight binary orbit with a second black hole. These offer some spectacular views when approached.
PS_Messages_20200112_125205.jpg
Screenshot_20200210-053213_YouTube.jpg
PS_Messages_20191209_134451.jpg

Name:Edén
Game map search ref:Blaa Eop DG-V d3-4
Description:A system with 3 stars (F-G-K) and some interesting planets:
  • 2 Earth-like worlds (one of them with a terraformable rocky moon).
  • 6 Water worlds (3 of them are terraformable).
  • 5 Terraformable HMC planets.
Screenshot reference:
Bp5N56V.jpg

Name:Edén
Game map search ref:Blaa Eop DG-V d3-4
Description:A system with 3 stars (F-G-K) and some interesting planets:
  • 2 Earth-like worlds (one of them with a terraformable rocky moon).
  • 6 Water worlds (3 of them are terraformable).
  • 5 Terraformable HMC planets.
Screenshot reference:

This will not meet notability requirements. None of the individuals parts of record setting, and the description does not specify why this would be an interesting or noteworthy contribution. A simple aggregate of planets isn't noteworthy unless it is a record-setter or has some highly unusual property.

Name: Screeching Hot Metal

Search ref: Eephaib YH-F c13-1

The planet C 1 is a lone High Metal Content planet that is streched into quite elliptical form for its kind. It is a 3000K hot elliptical ball of metal and rock (pun intended) visibly screeching thru its tight 0.1D orbit around its parent T dward star. The two have just 0.9ls between their cores, leaving the planet's surfece only about 120000km above the star.

The special feature is the heavily elliptical form of the High Metal Content planet very clearly seen in FSS, system map as well as next to the planet itself. Usually these elliptical planets are gas giants instead. The proximity to its parent star and the nearby binary star are just a bonus for better photo opportunities.

The system is in the Outer Arm region and I found it during the Pegasus Run expedition.

Screenshots:

Front page view
FSS view
System map view
Front page view (hd)

A Secret Report within the Pilots Federation

To: Chair, GalactiMap Division; Chair, Forward Planning Division

URGENT -- TOP PRIORITY
SECURITY RATING ABSOLUTE DARK

While returning inward to Explorer's Anchorage following my recent explorations in the Norma Reaches, I encountered a largely unvisited chain of neutron stars leading gal-northwest towards Centre. One of these systems is the motivation for this report: it is a neutron star system with four planets: 1 is an Earthlike world; 2 is terraformable. 3 and 4 are both HMC bodies, which would highly valuable for our ongoing R&D department, the R&S facilities, and our long-term shipbuilding and expansion efforts.

System: EORD PRAU VT-P D6-105 (Arcadian Stream). Sol: ~21 KLy; Colonia: ~16 KLy; Anchorage: ~8.5 KLy.

System data have been submitted to UC as standard practice. I recommend our agents perform a Downgrade & Declassify as a matter of extreme priority. This system would be highly useful as a secure secondary site for the Federation as it is remote from Thargoid and Guardian sites and with easy access to the neutron highway. Cover for our operations could easily be provided by the installation of planetary facilities and two orbital facilities: suggest a Coriolis at 1 and an Orbis at 3 or 4.

Given its location directly on the highway and the welcome opportunity to spend time in the open air, I have given 1 the name 'Respite'.

I have attached a capture showing the full system details as standard.

Regards,

CMDR Stardragon

Attachments

• Respite.jpg
    Respite.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 290
Upvote for some nice roleplaying here, even if I'm not 100% sure this will qualify as a POI.

Thank you for your kind words. :) It's the most interesting thing I've found, honestly... apart from, perhaps, the planet with the plants that grow nothing but ruthenium.

I'm curious what would qualify as 'interesting'.

@Stardragon: Since you posted an ELW, here's a handy list of how rare it might be. Of course, "interesting" and "rare" are two different concepts, but the latter is at least more objective.

Well, interesting it may not be, nor necessarily rare. But after 20 KLY of snowballs, pebbles, clinkers, grit and balloons, with the odd (non-)terraformable and the occasional ELW, it was the most interesting thing I'd found so far. And we all start somewhere. :)

@marx: Thank you for the link to your list: it was very useful. I had no idea there were such complex and rare systems out there. I've also perused your NSP guide and I'll have a look through your Catalogue as well. I had begun to be somewhat frustrated and disenchanted with the game, and your guides have done much to perk up my enthusiasm: thank you for that, likewise. :)

Last edited:
Name:Green Glory
Game map search ref:Praea Euq VP-M c21-1
Description:Before its discovery, it was believed that the Floasly Green Giant was alone in its green-ness, but this planet is just as green and, arguably, even more glorious. With a set of rocky rings, and three moons (two of which are in a tight binary), never before has a GGG been more photogenic. It's proximity to the bubble also makes it an excellent tourist destination.
Screenshot reference:
RzdfHLA.png

KFgscbj.png

More available here
The discoverer, @Leo Sagan, has been contacted for a name but has not yet responded. If he, at some point, suggests one, his should be used instead.
He has responded, the name is good to go.

Last edited:
Name:Little Inferno Nebula
Game map search ref:Nuekau BK-Z d44
Description:A small nebula located below the galactic plane. When viewed from above, one can get a fairly clear view of the Nebula.
Screenshot reference:
m6wJN7E.png

I know this may not the right place for this question, so I apologise in advance. Is there any information on how to interact with the primary galaxy map? I know that some programs and websites use an API to communicate with the Frontier servers, and I'm curious about it. I have a little time coming up and I have a couple of ideas I'd like to tinker with. :) My apologies again for being off-topic.

Hi there, as it's my first submission here and I don't have the best english, feel free to adjust/ correct the description or ask for more details I would have forgot :)

Name:The Colorful peaks
Game map search ref:SLEGIAE HP-R B37-3
ap_5E5D610E-F1DB-479A-BF0C-B31B36AA6F41.JPEG
Description:This location had been discovered during the Perseus Reach 3306 expedition. the system is located nearby the bubble nebula.
The body 3A has many topographical features such as deep canyons, multpile 17km high moutains peaks and 48 geological sites. The entier surface is very colored and each peak use to has its own colour, from purple to yellow.
You can visually locate some unique associations such as a huge yellow crater surrounded by high summits.

If you are lucky you will be able to have the bubble nebula rising up behind a peak.
See it in the video here :
Source: https://youtu.be/S42AwM_5tSU?t=231
Screenshot reference:The Body 3A
IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

The big yellow crater surrounded by mountains
IMG_2669.JPG

The varied colours of the peaks
IMG_2675.JPG

The view on the bubble nebula
IMG_2687.JPG

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous_20200216151513.jpg
    Elite Dangerous_20200216151513.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Name:The Forever Keep
Game map search ref:EACTAIF DB-W d2-0 5 a
Description:Situated on around the 1st Moon of the 5th planet, The Forever Keep is surrounded by thick high walls formed from the impact of a crater, a lone mountain reaching up over 17km into the sky acting as its spire, a moat of shadows protecting it from ner-do-wells. At its peak, the world curves around the ruler, allowing him to view the entirety of his domain without interruption.
However, the keep is not without its intimacy. At certain points across its spire, the tower opens up to seemingly cantilever over the void, usually along the dark side of the keep. The most notable of these, called the Edge of Forever (and the one in the screenshot reference at Latitude 38.1955 and Longitude 136.3384), offers a chance for a view of the MYOAGOOE AA-A H2 Nebula, rising perfectly in line with the overhang.
Screenshot reference:The Edge of Forever at Latitude 38.1955 and Longitude 136.3384
oLkTiIf.png

View of the Keep's Domain
KvvRubt.png

Aerial View of the Keep
DdMAs5N.png

Aerial View 2
ehe9ZGM.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom