Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

Technique (just a pointer how it can be done) for creating a slider like behaviour of a F-Key (example 'boost faint stars')
Easy if you want to test/cycle-through a range of values, and maybe later decide on the sweet spot value. Or keep the slider.

Thanks that will come in handy :)

MP

Technique (just a pointer how it can be done) for creating a slider like behaviour of a F-Key (example 'boost faint stars')
Easy if you want to test/cycle-through a range of values, and maybe later decide on the sweet spot value. Or keep the slider.

d3dx.ini:

Code:
[Constants]
y = 1

[keyToggleF4]
Key = VK_F4
run = CommandListToggleF4

[CommandListToggleF4]
y = y * 2
if y > 256
  y = 1
endif

shader d7d31815a45b4462-ps_replace.txt:

Code:

// get y parameter from d3dx.ini
float4 d3dx = IniParams.Load(0);

// Boost faint stars, using y from d3dx.ini
o0.a = (o0.a + d3dx.y/16)/(d3dx.y/16 + 1);
Testing for a preferential 'sweet spot' is a great addition (for me anyway). Thanks!

I'll have a go at that over the weekend. Cheers...
I see you also have a Digital full keys Yamaha keyboard. I also have one (different model though). That is yours in that video on your channel isn't it?

EDIT: Oh WOW! Just saw your star flares video...(y)

Last edited:
Sanguineous Rim.jpg

Hey old duck, i have a feature request..

Next time you do some footage for obsidian ant, could you please watermark all over it "frontier, please fix the station services menu snap and the ground locating reticle for salvage missions". If you wanted to auction which bug would get watermarked for arx as someone else suggested, id be happy to play along.

The end.

Saw the carrier patch notes... thats it...

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
o7 Old Duck, amazing work you put in this. I always just skim-read the first post and though it was interesting it didn't do anything I was looking for. Today I read through all of it and it is awesome what you did to it.

I will have to have a look at it one of these days and try my luck on some of these mods.

you are correct in that i have been using the original .ini file from post #1 as that's typically standard protocol in all the years i've been computing, lol. weird thing is that F1 only toggled the blue tron-effect of the planet. it doesn't affect the 'big 3/4 circle and star / planet name around your selected target' on my screen.

That is how it usually is and the OP updates post 1 with the latest version, I myself fell foul of this and probably countless others. They will have tried it, found it didnt work and moved on.....shame.

Just out of interest, has anyone tried to dial back the lines / tones of Night Vision? It's very useful, obviously, but a little too "cartoony" and unrealistic* to me (*because I've been in many, many spaceships...!). Would be nice if the line-work could be softened, and the fill tones be softened a bit. I'd love to see if it could be made a little more filigree and subtle. Has anyone found these shaders and played with them at all? @Monkey Pants did something similar recently with Orbital Lines, which was a godsend...! Thanks :)

Last edited:
Just out of interest, has anyone tried to dial back the lines / tones of Night Vision? It's very useful, obviously, but a little too "cartoony" and unrealistic to me (because I've been in many, many spaceships...!). Would be nice if the line-work could be softened, and the fill tones be softened a bit. I'd love to see if it could be made a little more filigree and subtle. Has anyone found these shaders and played with them at all? @Monkey Pants did something similar recently with Orbital Lines, which was a godsend...! Thanks :)
I agree with you about night vision, so much that I rarely, rarely use it. I'll try playing around with the shaders sometime, see if I can get rid of those TRON lines!

Looks promising! Will give this a go later when I’m back on my pc , thanks!

EDIT: whoops post seems to have changed since I first looked at this post...! Did it not work?

Looks promising! Will give this a go later when I’m back on my pc , thanks!

EDIT: whoops post seems to have changed since I first looked at this post...! Did it not work?

Needs a bit more testing as it seems to affect other things :(

Will have a better look this evening.

MP

I didn't see that it fiddles with colors in the description. Basically, it needs to reduce the amount of red, either by adjusting saturation or color shift towards cooler, blue tones, which I prefer.
It's a more recent post in this thread, a few pages back. Speaking of, some are complaining that I haven't updated the OP, but I specifically stated that I need people to test the shaders I recently uploaded before I update the main OP. I'm still waiting for positive feedback stating, "These shaders are working great for me, Duck!" Until then, I'm not changing the OP. Consider the shaders a "beta".

So if you'd like to try them out and report back to me, that would be great. Just understand that while I can fix typos in my code and config, my hands are tied when it comes to "This feature works for CMDR A but not CMDR B." That's where I need others to help try to figure out why CMDR B is having issues that are unique to him.

ps - this is a good thread full of all sorts of wonderous screenshots and whatnot. I do recommend reading it backwards, since this project is a work in progress (the best stuff coming later in the thread).

Top Bottom