Fleet Carriers - Patch 3 - Known Issues

C'mon man. A decrease in payout's doesn't warrant an such a response.

If you have that much experience should be able to infer what they are working with and post solutions. If you have that experience, then show constructively.

Its not a decrease in Payout dude. Its a decrease in not even showing up. ie; hotspots (LTD) where you fire off 200 limpets and you may find 3 asteroids with less than 10% LTD in them for surface mining. for core and other mining they are non-existant on so called "hot spots". payout is irrelevant if there is nothing to sell..

yep, this worries me. Deep core mining is broken right now because of this bug and there is no mention they’re doing anything about it. FDev, please acknowledge and fix this. It sucks the joy out of deep core mining.
Hey you forgot to mention that there is pretty much no cores, and when you find them, its bromelite or some dumb .

Its not a decrease in Payout dude. Its a decrease in poopoo not even showing up. ie; hotspots (LTD) where you fire off 200 limpets and you may find 3 asteroids with less than 10% LTD in them for surface mining. for core and other mining they are non-existant on so called "hot spots". payout is irrelevant if there is nothing to sell..
Well actually it is a decrease in payout, both directly in the amount you can receive per unit and indirectly in the amount you can gather per hour to sale.

But as I'm 400+ limpits into a void opal hotspot and have yet to find even 1 void opal I think people have the right to be angry. On the plus I have found a lot more tritium than I do in a Tritium hotspot and as well as more LTDs than I was finding in a triple LTD hotspot.

As we have no update yet, FDev are obviously still reviewing the data to decide if this is the effect they wanted or not.

I think the community playing the game have managed to conduct their own reviews of the data though and are also pretty clear on that point, but for now all the community can do is wait for FDev to get to the same point. The question is how long will that take, and then how long until they tell us.

Just for completeness, make that 476 limpits in a Void Opal hotspot to find zero void opals. Did find loads of Bromilite cores in the hundreds of rocks checked though, along with standard content, surface and sub surface, so I think this hotspot needs renaming accordingly as it can't by any stretch of the imagination be called a void opal one anymore.

Last edited:
Concerning the carrier tritium problem and the fact mining turned into a bad joke, this game is just frustrating for me and many others for almost one week now. It's a pity that abandoned and used limpets do not stay resident and thus can not be collected by others. We could have made a fortune collecting this trash.
Besides, will my salary for being a beta-tester be payed in arx or will fdev use my paypal account?

And then the devs responeded by saying that they'll actually work on long standing bugs?
Looking at the top voted bugs (everything above one bar) in the bug tracker:
  1. #16652 - BGS oddities. This one has been fixed for weeks, they've just not marked it as fixed, for reasons... Only introduced in 3.7 anyway
  2. #17988 - Mauve Adder. A consequence of the Fleet Carriers, they've said it's being worked on. Not long-standing, anyway.
  3. #791 - game crashes on exit. Yeah, that's been around a while. Only mildly annoying, which is why it's taken three cycles of bug fixes to get into the top-10
  4. #18131 - no Tritium in hotspot. New bug for this current patch version. Serious, but not long-standing.
  5. #18127 - abrasion blaster errors. New bug for this current patch version. Serious, but not long-standing.
  6. #16384 - fleet carrier not in total assets stat. New in 3.7, surprisingly high-voted for a largely cosmetic issue.
  7. #18144 - no stuff in hotspot, duplicate of #18131. Still not long-standing.
  8. #923 - VR stutter. This one is long-standing, and presumably very unpleasant if you play in VR.
  9. #8765 - CMDR Validating. This one has also been around for ages, though is again largely just cosmetic.
  10. #17595 - cannot enter supercruise. Duplicate of #17988
  11. #140 - Codex bug. Long-standing, fairly serious. They fixed some Codex bugs in 3.7 but presumably not this one.
  12. #14359 - Cargo canisters get stuck. Introduced in 3.6, fairly serious for the affected gameplay. Six months is sort of long-standing but it's still from after their "long standing bug fixes" run. (EDIT: made more serious in 3.7, which is even less long-standing. Thanks @Factabulous )
Other than #923 and #140 most of these are either fairly recently introduced, or mostly cosmetic, or both. There don't seem - based on the vote counts at least - to be many bugs which are both long-standing and seriously bothering the community at the moment - the attention seems (understandably) to mostly be about the serious bugs introduced with the most recent set of releases.

Can you give examples of some other serious long-standing (let's say "pre-2020", ID < 14000ish, so should have been fixed in the January patch or in June's as part of the "fix long standing bugs" commitment) bugs which aren't being fixed? I've got a couple of votes spare to push them up the list a bit.

Last edited:
#14359 - Cargo canisters get stuck. Introduced in 3.6, fairly serious for the affected gameplay. Six months is sort of long-standing but it's still from after their "long standing bug fixes" run.
Hmm, that's actually a pretty misleading bug for fdev to ask people to vote on. Ever since looting was introduced an 'odd' cargo canister would get stuck - most knowledgeable CMDRs don't care (though obviously the one that got stuck was inevitably a Thargoid Probe - hey ho). The issue introduced with 3.7 (and reported from the first beta onwards) is that all canisters get stuck, so you get zero cargo (from cargo holds - I think escape hatches still work).

I wonder if that's why they haven't addressed it? if they think it's just the odd canister rather than the whole mechanic is b0rked everywhere for everything 🤔

Edit: And fdev are closing 'correct' reports as duplicates ... like this one https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/17050

Last edited:
And is USELESSLY REDUNDANT while making it a lot easier to goof a menu selection and launch unintentionally.
I find it useful on my fleet carrier, where the fuel and repair services are buried under multiple button presses. What angers me to the point of throwing coffee cups at cats is the stupid "bounce back" bug, where you arrow down to the "Carrier / Station Services", the UI rubber-bands back up to the fuel icon, sometimes multiple times! DRIVES ME NUTS!

iu

My biggest issue with all of this is that the errors were caused (yet again) by knee-jerk reactions to players "making too much money" by you know, spending a lot of time grinding (because grinding is gaming, right FDev?) instead of doing the sane thing and taking a page out of real market history:

Crash Low Temp Diamond values.

That's right, when players are farming and selling 100x more of them than ever, the demand for such a commodity is going to plummet for awhile. Sure, it might climb back up after a bit, or there might be some systems just not getting the sale love that have higher demand...but overall? Value could literally be cut in half, or more.

How would that be more difficult to implement (with a news posting on GalNet even, talking about the sudden market crash!) than whatever butchery was performed here?

And while we're at it, Tritium has been turned into a fresh new money sink - obviously. Crank up the value x10 and then cut the access in half, forcing two things:

1) Players stay in the bubble with their fleet carriers.
2) Along with the expense of upkeep, now you have sizable fuel costs if you want to go anywhere.

I know FDev isn't listening, but I really feel this needs to be said.

Stop. Worrying. About. People. Getting. Rich.

Seriously. As someone with over 3,000 hours (3,524 as of this posting) I've done most if not all there is to do in Elite. But probably around 500-800 hours, I got pretty damned sick and tired of not being able to afford anything.

So I looked up ways to make money fast.

And I did.

OBVIOUSLY this just killed the game for me and I stopped playing...

No. It didn't. I didn't. I played MORE.

Why?

Because I could afford ships whenever I wanted. In fact, I was determined to have ALL the ships, test them out, see how they flew, etc. So I busted ass to get rank in the Empire (which didn't take too long since I started with them) and then later ground my way through Federal rank.

So, obviously I stopped after that, right?

NO! I kept playing! I enjoy mining so I did a lot of that. I have friends who love combat (not my favorite thing) but I had the money to build a ship that would work for my lackluster combat skills. And we flew around going pew pew pew.

I designed a ship with ridiculously low idle temps for stealth passenger missions - it was a blast! I created a stealth mining siphon ship that was incredibly fun!

I caught the exploration bug and made two different trips to Colonia and Sag A.

And now? Now I'm wanting to go WAY into the black...to do photography of some of the most beautiful things I can find...

All of this with billions of credits to my name.

Getting rich didn't ruin my game experience.

Please of the love of all that is holy, pay attention:

GETTING RICH DID NOT RUIN MY GAME EXPERIENCE.

In fact, even now with everyone crying that they can't afford upkeep on their carriers, or can't even afford one in the first place, I'm flying around with a fully kitted carrier...with a COUPLE OF YEAR'S WORTH of upkeep sitting on the carrier...and I still have several billion pocket money.

I put in a request to fill up my carrier at over double the going rate of Tritium. Why? Because I had the money and didn't feel like ferrying thousands of tons back and forth myself. It got filled overnight. I was happy to help out those commanders and put a little jingle in their pockets.

Oh but surely I got bored being so rich, that I just don't play the game, right?

3,524 hours.

Please, please, please...PAY ATTENTION FDEV:

Getting rich won't make me quit this game.

The lot of you reacting in knee-jerk responses anytime something happens that doesn't go with your EXACT VISION OF WHAT THIS GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT, will.

You have a great game here. Fill it out. Give us some depth. Some story. Give us some quests. Make us feel like we can do things to make the galaxy a better (or worse) place. Even if it's in small ways.

You have the framework to implement it (chain missions) - just put it to full use.

Give us real rewards for hard quests. Not money, not materials, how about "Here's a fully engineered "A" ranked set of thrusters for your help" or similar?

The possibilities are endless, yet...you all seem terrified to even attempt creating depth, for fear that your images will be marred in the reflecting pool that is Elite.

I am just gonna say it.. and that without reading the entire thread: mining is broken (uhhh, I did say it)

please make Tritium useful for commute not mining profits, if you care disallow trading it, make it only mineable and buyable - I have no better idea but what happened after Patch 3 is simply ridiculous - WE ARE STUCK IN SPACE

Don't know what you're talking about. I AM NOT STUCK IN SPACE
And I'm always low on Tritium (max. 2 full jumps) and in the middle of The Formidine Rift.
Mining is a challenge right now, but still very doable. If you don't insist on what you're used to from before...

I do insist :)
More serious: IMO Fleet Carrier fuel should be just easy to obtain, it is enough that we have to mine (instead instead of just exploring and fly on air).. why make it so challenging?

SSD - works more or less with a lot less of sources per rock. Laser mining was destroyed though. I do not want to argue, but being in overlapping hotspots and having no content of the material that the hotspot is dedicated to or really only one per ~10 rocks does not seem right

SSD mining is tedious and very exhausting
I might be another crying baby here, but just wanted to voice opinion of the side that is super upset with this "modification"

Top Bottom