Pulse Wave Scanner Works...Backwards

One would think that you'd at least unit test the PWA if it was altered before committing the changes.

Yes, one might think thusly. However, I suspect they were fixing one thing, and broke another in the process.

Mining early this morning, and still frustrating to ping away ahead with no responses, then flip over and see glowing asteroids that you just flew past.

Tennozan, flying the good ship The Blind Squirrel out of LHS 460

Too late. :(
The devs will never notice this problem as the confirmation was made by the cleaning assistant who happened to be helping out with cleaning the issue tracker. I would suggest submitting a new one, maybe this time with the correct term? 😜
Are you quite serious? A cleaning assistant cleaning the issue tracker. Now what? And as for the correct term - is it Pulse Wave Analyzer? I'm afraid I'm not much of an "expert" at any of this. I just enjoy playing the game, scooting around the galaxy when I have time.

Ah yes. Well, then Frontier ought to fix the Pulse Wave Thingy (PWT), and chop, chop!
agreed the word pulse (as in pulsating) and wave (implying liquidity) followed by analizing
should never be used in a single sentence ever again :ROFLMAO:
except in a 50 shades of bare book maybe
the one direction bug like the band is just plain annoying but it is easily switched over ;)

Last edited:
Ah yes. Well, then Frontier ought to fix the Pulse Wave Thingy (PWT), and chop, chop!
If it’s anything like ‘falling skimmers’ or ‘ramming security’ I would strap on your seatbelt...

Things like this don’t tend to be something that go away overnight. FD just don’t fix issues quickly...

I didn’t dock at a surface port for months when the skimmers were insta-killing ships (my cmdr’s have one ‘life’, if I die I re-start).
I did lose a CMDR due to being rammed by a ‘Conda in a RES though....I was absolutely livid. Didn’t play for a while after that...

Okay … and what does that have to do with the PWA being broken?
I'm sorry, did I say Star Citizen is on sale? I don't know what I was thinking. I've never even played it.

Oh that's right, the PWA was screwed up by the last update and it's been weeks and weeks with lots of players affected and not a word from Fdev.
It got me to thinking that perhaps Frontier are spreading themselves too thin.
Sure they need to develop new stuff but poking a stick into the spokes of the bike we are all still riding and not having the time to notice, is poor form.

"poking a stick into the spokes of the bike we are all still riding," An apt word picture, indeed.

Taking a short break from mining, and thinking of tripping off into the black for a bit anyway. Maybe they'll take pity on us poor miners and fix the PWA in my absence.

Im fine really.png

"poking a stick into the spokes of the bike we are all still riding," An apt word picture, indeed.

Taking a short break from mining, and thinking of tripping off into the black for a bit anyway. Maybe they'll take pity on us poor miners and fix the PWA in my absence.

View attachment 190980
So I've sort of gotten used to the PWA now. I can't fill up my 230ton python in about 2.5 hours. Still slower than it was, but not too bad. I've got a really nice dbl VO hotspot about 700Ly outside the bubble.
I've often found up to 4 cores right next to each other, one even within the cloud from the previous one.
One bit of advice I do have though is, don't be too rigid in your approach and If you find a core, don't rush to move on, explore the immediate area thoroughly, chances are there are more nearby. Let me know if you want the location of my spot.

This can't be serious has it not been fixed yet? I'm 13k Ly out of bubble with my carrier and I'm running on trit fumes have to mine some soon but not looking forward to it... sigh

This can't be serious has it not been fixed yet? I'm 13k Ly out of bubble with my carrier and I'm running on trit fumes what are you doing have to mine some soon but not looking forward to it... sigh
Mining tritium without the PWS is certainly not a problem unless you didn't take a mining laser or two with you?.

Ya'll are amazing, gifted, perfectly splendid.

Now, get yer chops over to the Issues Tracker and vote. Yes, it's time to vote, damn it.

Listen porkchop, don't make me come in that hanger and get you.

Ya'll are amazing, gifted, perfectly splendid.

Now, get yer chops over to the Issues Tracker and vote. Yes, it's time to vote, damn it.

Listen porkchop, don't make me come in that hanger and get you.
Done 👍 Don't bloody give 'em ideas, u will have to wait till odyssey to come to hangar 🙈

Okay … and what does that have to do with the PWA being broken?
Level of frustratiin in both are comperable... SC is just a framework of game with jack all working as it should be... after 8 years in development is not even remotly comperable in playability to Elite. And on top elite is dropping odyssey soon so SC can go and ef itself, at the rate they are working on it, it should be released about 3306... 🤘

So I'm out in the black in a decent dbl hotspot, overlap is quite good, both centers of hotspots are nearly next to eachother. I tried using the ANALizer for first say half an hour and then ditched it. Just flying from roid to roid prospecting and after 3 hours of blazerzzz mining my cutter is 460T deep with tritium so I would say NOT BAD AT ALL :) so far I mostly find 25-28% but there where 32-38% roids as well, few ssds but with 2-3 chinks per xplosion, I say it's not worth focusing on thise realy unles the roid is almost still and there is 0 manoivering involved, other than that I just ignore them. Could be worse I guess :) so unless they buff amount of chunks from ssds PSW is worth di€k 4 me atm, until I go VO hunting that is.

Top Bottom