Mystery's continuation: New message from ''Salvation''

1623355398956.png

1623355410997.png

Found by Fundevin - not a Canonn member - as usual :)

Why would Salvation need to be behind it?
We know next to nothing about Salvation. was just one of the thoughts about the situation and the possible outcomes of the story. IMO, it'll probably be found with either a thargoid "mothership" or home world. but the possibility of Salvation being involved can't be overlooked at this time

Interesting. Pretty much in a straight line towards Barnard's Loop, much like the Adamastor originally set off before diverting to Coalsack.

The beacon itself doesn't seem to have much other than a serial number, though, so other than vaguely narrowing things down it'll be interesting to see how finding the others helps...

Maybe I'm missing something. Was the Hesperus not already found? If so, would that not be the last position and the crew escaped from that system? So would the survivors be 300ly from where the Hesperus was found and not 300ly from the last beacon?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something. Was the Hesperus not already found? If so, would that not be the last position and the crew escaped from that system? So would the survivors be 300ly from where the Hesperus was found and not 300ly from the last beacon?
It's possible that the ship drifted for quite some time before it finally stopped after the fuel was burned out.

EDIT1: Would the survivors not try to get back to the bubble & help than going the other way and further in to the black?
It's possible that Pharmasapien moved the Hesperus somewhat between their capture of it and Velasco killing them all. Probably not very far, but there is a nine-day gap between Kelemen abandoning ship with the Azimuth survivors, and O'Neill returning to find everyone dead, so I wouldn't rely on them having kept it in the same system either as with the beacon trail it might have risked an Azimuth team counter-attacking.

Kelemen's logs indicated that some of the scientists wanted to continue the mission - and at any rate, with a 300 LY range, probably weren't going to make it back to the bubble without some sort of stop-off elsewhere first. So they may have been intending to head back to the places they'd found something promising earlier on the Hesperus' route - maybe to look for resources, maybe just in the hope that an Azimuth search party might do what we're doing and follow the beacons.

2MASS J03291977+3124572 (Ring Mine) is the closest that EDDB lists, 80 LY out, and that's definitely been there for a while ... then the next nearest is the various Alliance California settlements. Why, what did you find?
Ring mine :(

And I'm guessing the independent near California is also accounted for.

Theres a few in and around the Cali nebula.... As many Nebulae around the galaxy, mainly asteroid bases and panetary settlements, added a few years ago
I just noted the independent as it wasn't an Alliance system. Not that it matters. I was trying to be smart and filtering for only populated regions. Maybe it could work, but clearly not if I'm doing it.

Do fleet carriers show as a "Concentrated Signal Source" on the FSS? I found a CSS but for the life of man can't find the signal. However, I noticed there is a fleet carrier in the system.

EDIT: to answer my own question - yes they do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom