Hey, I'm reading through Sagitarius Eye #36. Can anyone clarify this claim about Raxxla being within the range of an unmodified Cobra MKIII? In range of the craft from where? Is that meant to suggest that Raxxla is somewhere in the initial Pilot's Federation introduction systems that we're locked out of after leaving, or that if you can somehow get to Sagitarius A*, then from there it's within the range of a Cobra MKIII?
Drew Wagar believes so, due to the low jump ranges back when it was first mentioned in the lore. Back then, jump drives had a range of around 7 LY.

Drew Wagar believes so, due to the low jump ranges back when it was first mentioned in the lore. Back then, jump drives had a range of around 7 LY.
But that’s immaterial, since Raxxla in lore started with the first Elite, but hasnt been implemented until ED-Elite 4.
FD has retconned a whole lot of old lore for ED. The only info we can rely on is contained within the current game, plus the few FD comments we have documented (which is why I started that thread, see my signature).

Forgot to say in Tyko’s search around Sol’s outer planets there are several impact craters shown on the body maps which are reminiscent of navels, including being prominent & near the equator (centre point). What is unsettling me is that Raxxla was inserted in the gamma release, long before Horizons made planetary landings feasible, so should not be on a planet. Unless they decided to retcon it because it hadn't been found by Horizons release? Putting the gateway in a crater with the omphalos hint could then be sensible (& could link to a 2001SO tribute) providing FD were willing to exclude any players without Horizons; I can’t make my mind up about that.

Perhaps there are two different methods of finding it (Horizons vs baseline game)?

I’ve been playing Horizons. Perhaps I should try in the baseline? 🧐

Afterthought: I wonder if DB tested Raxxla accessibility for Horizons release? It would be a tad frustrating if Raxxla has been accessible all along in the baseline but a programming bug prevents in Horizons! 😫

But that’s immaterial, since Raxxla in lore started with the first Elite, but hasnt been implemented until ED-Elite 4.
FD has retconned a whole lot of old lore for ED. The only info we can rely on is contained within the current game, plus the few FD comments we have documented (which is why I started that thread, see my signature).
Right, just pointing it out because someone earlier in the thread asked about it.

I think there’s supposed to be another installment in the Azimuth Biochemicals storyline starting with Thursday’s server tick. 🧐

Tyko has reported nothing found so far in his search around the outer planets and moons. It strikes me the hexagonality of the Raxxla logo strongly suggests Saturn, which seems to be further strengthened by the Toast; I’m thinking Mother of Galaxies =Gaia and Jewel in her Crown is Sol (galnet post, Gaia faction)
Whisperer and Siren are both Venus (Marvel comic characters)
So the toast gives directions to move from Sol towards the outer planets.
Parent’s Grief & Lover’s Woe could be either Saturn (Greek Titan Cronus), Uranus (his father) or Rhea (Cronus’s sister & spouse, he swallowed her children).

But the mention of the Omphalos Rift is leaning me strongly towards Rhea since she gave the Omphalos Stone to Cronus in lieu of Zeus. Tyko’s had a look around there (among most of the other outer planet moons), but may have another look. But what is he looking for? Do we think a 2001SO monolith is likely? Should it be in orbit, since Raxxla should not require Horizons, or do we think that has been retconned?
If we go by the old story that Raxxla is a planet (or moon) with an alien portal, I don't think FD has switched planets. The portal (omphalos rift / alien construct), could well have been moved from an orbital position, to a ground position. They can do this without messing with any lore, as long as Raxxla goes undiscovered.

The 2001 story reads like a blueprint to a post-guardian species. First they are physical, then uploaded to a computer network and finally independent of any physical manifestation. There are still plenty of operational automated guardian machinery. The caretakers may still be in control of the network and the devices.
The guardian relic and the obelisk prisms (same thing probably) can switch from black to crystal and seem to have more to them, than we have discovered. They are in many ways similar to the 2001 monoliths. The towers may even be launchers to send them out in space, like a huge shard cannon?

There is a small hint in guardian history 3, that the caretakers may predate the guardians. A dimming of their sun causes a climate change that accelerates their development. Pushing the development of a primitive but intelligente species and dimming / blocking a sun are both things the Firstborn do in the 2001 series.

How this is connected to Raxxla, I don't know. I doubt the Club would have leaked the guardian sites, if it would give an easy path to Raxxla.

Yes, The more I see of the game the stronger my belief that your theory that the Guardians came to Sol in the distant past and were the basis for Greek mythology, etc is correct. I think Halsey’s “caretakers” are indeed the Guardians evolved into pure energy-based lifeforms (what did MB say about that?), and moreover I suspect they are the “fireflies” at the heart of the thargoid barnacles and UA/TS. Whether they are now cooperating with the Thargoids, or whether they are captive lifeforms I hope will be revealed eventually.

What concerns me about the possible retcon/move of the Raxxla gateway to the surface is that there are probably still players who only play the baseline. Would DB really disenfranchise them by making Raxxla only accessible from a planet surface?

Ive thought for a while now that there is stuff still to be discovered about the Guardians. I think FD expected us to decode the patterns on the obelisks and when nobody did they had to resort to putting pictures of the artefacts up instead.

I suspect for ED neither the Club nor TDW know how to get to Raxxla, though it’s possible TDW might and there is a great deal of obfuscation over it. Although iff Raxxla is Triton then clearly the Fed Navy knows! 🙂

There is a small hint in guardian history 3, that the caretakers may predate the guardians. A dimming of their sun causes a climate change that accelerates their development. Pushing the development of a primitive but intelligente species and dimming / blocking a sun are both things the Firstborn do in the 2001 series.

How this is connected to Raxxla, I don't know. I doubt the Club would have leaked the guardian sites, if it would give an easy path to Raxxla.
Very much sounds like 2001, also shades of Babylon 5's First Ones with their ability to transcend flesh and their interest in poking at younger races.

Witch's Reach
Spansh has it listed as 39ly away from Sol, which is well within the reach of the 7ly jump range that's being bandied about, it fits with the whole Dark Wheel slogan thing, and its apparently permit locked to the whole galaxy. You think it, and the whole of the Raxxla mystery itself, might be locked by a hard-coded community exploration minimum threshold that'll begin unlocking once the percentage of the Galaxy gets the full scan-treatment? Might be why the Raxxla symbol (the googly eyes thing) has the same pattern as the efficient scanning bonus surface scanner pattern, maybe?
🧐

Mmm, I seem to recall reading (but I have no source, it may have been Redditt! 🧐) that it was not originally locked & someone had visited before it was locked. Probably along with Col70 etc. Someone had reported that it only had a planet named Cauldron & this was before the FC exploit.

That would make sense of the Patch Note which said military convoys had been added there and to some other systems that are now permit locked.

Military convoys used to be dedicated to moving Thargoid stuff around, UA/TS etc, so it might make sense for that permit to be obtainable via Black Flight/Aegis etc. Unless it’s locked for other reasons...

Last edited:
Mmm, I seem to recall reading (but I have no source, it may have been Redditt! 🧐) that it was not originally locked & someone had visited before it was locked. Probably along with Col70 etc. Someone had reported that it only had a planet named Cauldron & this was before the FC exploit.

That would make sense of the Patch Note which said military convoys had been added there and to some other systems that are now permit locked.

Military convoys used to be dedicated to moving Thargoid stuff around, UA/TS etc, so it might make sense for that permit to be obtainable via Black Flight/Aegis etc. Unless it’s locked
Those military convoys were Fed. Navy. It was log before Aegis was established.

Witch's Reach was locked and unobtainable during the UA hunt in April and Mai of 2015 (3301). At that time it had been locked since release. I can't remember it being accessible at any point, after that.

So, the new CG is in Orion's nebula, inching super close to the permit locked Horsehead Nebula and much of Barnard's Loop permit locked sectors, such as Col 70 sector.
Here's a excerpt from Robert Holdstock's, The Alien World, page 22.
"They built the stabilizer's [of the Talmor Lens/time and space controller], The Pyramids on Earth [In this book, specifically Egyptian Great Pyramids], the easy way, with the points toward the stars, a disastrous mistake for the Oisir-Raxxla, and the beginning of the end of their dream. [of complete control over time and space]."

We all have heard how the Great Pyramids are lined up perfectly with Orion's Belt, for no really known reason. Well, Barnard's Loop is in the center of Orion's Belt.
Check these 3 stars and see, Alnitak, Mintaka, and Epsilon Orionis (Alnilam).

Well, here we are. I cannot eat enough popcorn for this show.

Attachments

• eee711e2424f7be0ca21be7332022520.jpg
    eee711e2424f7be0ca21be7332022520.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 79
  • b7096cfc7399fc38da9b5e2e1aea0c66.jpg
    b7096cfc7399fc38da9b5e2e1aea0c66.jpg
    659.9 KB · Views: 83
"To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies."

OK, we've been here before..

Mother of Galaxies possibly Cassiopeia but where's the jewel?

Jewel possibly Alphekka, but mother of galaxies?

brow

a person's forehead.
"he wiped his brow"

the summit of a hill or pass. (or a hump?)
"the cottages were built on the brow of a hill"

Caph (Beta Cassiopeiae)
Beta Cassiopeiae is the star's Bayer designation. It also bore the traditional names Caph (from the Arabic word كف kaf, "palm" - i.e. reaching from the Pleiades),
Chaph and Kaff, as well as al-Sanam al-Nakah "the Camel's Hump"

What if you rotated the Galaxy Map, so from a viewpoint, the jewel (Alphekka) was on the brow of a hump (Caph).

This would give the first vector.

Maybe the intersection of a second vector (to be found) would be a good place to look?

Also, with the disappearance of the Alexandria in Delphi. This is right in line with the theory that to track down Alex Ryder's trail, ya gotta follow the path of Alexander the Great.
That Alexander's well known historical locations he had visited and or conquered are in game as clues, and that they lead to what Alex Ryder found, presumably what we are all looking for. That the historical accounts of Alexanders travels actually serve as a map to the treasure Alex Ryder, and likely Jason Ryder had discovered.

Alexander the Great sought ought the Delphi Oracle in 336 BC.

"Alexander the Great visited the Delphic Oracle wishing to hear a prophecy that he would soon conquer the entire ancient world. To his surprise the oracle refused a direct comment and asked him to come later. Furious, Alexander dragged Pythia by the hair out of the chamber until she screamed "You are invincible, my son!"

The moment he heard these words he dropped her, saying, "Now I have my answer"." -wiki

Might be worth mentioning that he also sought out the Egyptian Oracle, Amun-Ra at the Siwa Oasis in the desert.

Milton, Alexander’s Pirate, and Merchant Empires in the East

https://oxford.universitypressschol...8777687.001.0001/oso-9780198777687-chapter-10

There is of course a slight correlation between John Milton (MB favourite author) and Alexander the Great with Paradise Lost and… the Dutch…

*edit: although classically taught, I’ve never really read John Milton in full, could never get past the religious context, but one thing this thread has helped with is, for me to re-evaluate certain classics, outside their literary context - such as Sidney, at school never looked at him in relation to the occult and astrology until the Codex, back then it was just a 16th century kinky book.

Source: https://dai.ly/x3e0afj

I recall MBs own words from his blog “I’m no scholar” so I’m wondering if the non-literary format/s he utilised may hold some interpretation, for now the below article is enough for me to justify dusting off the Milton and track down this ‘Parallel Prose Edition’ for a giggle.

Post in thread 'The Quest To Find Raxxla'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-9120739

And please remember; Milton was actually blind (those with eyes to see) and a musician who was an exponent of the silent song of the spheres.

‘This chapter examines John Milton’s allusions to Alexander the Great in Paradise Lost, with particular emphasis on his critique of the Dutch East Indies Empire and their English imitators. It considers how Alexander figures mercantile heroism in the age of commerce by focusing on the ways in which Paradise Lost responds to the global spice trade from both sides of the Euro-Asian encounter. The chapter analyzes Milton’s dual characterization of Satan in Paradise Lost as emperor and merchant as well as his depiction of both God and Satan as monarchs. These divergent characterizations of Satan as merchant and as king may be reconciled by recognizing Milton’s allusion to Augustine’s anecdote about the pirate’s critique of Alexander as a tyrant. The chapter also explores colonialism in Paradise Lost, Asia as a significant context for intra-European relations, and Milton’s concern with issues of sovereignty in the East Indies trade.’

8d121d97713d360820835ef18879cf5b.736x928x1.jpg

Last edited:
Milton, Alexander’s Pirate, and Merchant Empires in the East

https://oxford.universitypressschol...8777687.001.0001/oso-9780198777687-chapter-10

There is of course a correlation between John Milton (DB favourite author) and Alexander the Great with Paradise Lost and… the Dutch

‘This chapter examines John Milton’s allusions to Alexander the Great in Paradise Lost, with particular emphasis on his critique of the Dutch East Indies Empire and their English imitators. It considers how Alexander figures mercantile heroism in the age of commerce by focusing on the ways in which Paradise Lost responds to the global spice trade from both sides of the Euro-Asian encounter. The chapter analyzes Milton’s dual characterization of Satan in Paradise Lost as emperor and merchant as well as his depiction of both God and Satan as monarchs. These divergent characterizations of Satan as merchant and as king may be reconciled by recognizing Milton’s allusion to Augustine’s anecdote about the pirate’s critique of Alexander as a tyrant. The chapter also explores colonialism in Paradise Lost, Asia as a significant context for intra-European relations, and Milton’s concern with issues of sovereignty in the East Indies trade.’

8d121d97713d360820835ef18879cf5b.736x928x1.jpg
Just awesome! Even more credibility to support it!

Top Bottom