What do think is coming to Planet Zoo this month?

Other regions are underrepresented, yes.

But none as much as Europe.

If no other Asian animals will be added, I can still easily make an Asian section in my zoo. Easily make a North American section. South America, too, though it's very limited. Same for Australia.

But Europe? I still can't make a European section in my zoo.

@Aramar would make an animal pack out of europe and think moose and red deer would both fit in it. But I'm kind of in the north, so I'm probably biased. :D For me a wolverine is an american animal for me personally, but I'm sure someone could proof with some numbres that they are more common in europe. However, I rarely see them in european zoos, which, looking at zootierliste, is obviously due to where I live / what zoos I visited. I see elks quite more often
Exactly this whenever I make a NA pack, even if my choices aren't the most popular.

As many have probably read (because I've repeated this so many times), I live in Texas an hour from the coast, but I frequently go to northeast Texas for relaxation; specifically, I go to a part of the Piney Woods.

Animals that I've see there are:
  1. White tailed deer
  2. Raccoon
  3. Wild boar (invasive, I know. But still)
  4. Coyote
  5. Copperhead
  6. Cottonmouth
  7. Roadrunners
  8. Bobcat
  9. Wolf (1 time I saw one. It was beautiful)
  10. Beaver
  11. Alligator snapping turtle
  12. Terrapin (not sure which species exactly)
Animals that live in the area I still haven't seen:
  1. Red fox
  2. Gray fox
  3. American black bear
  4. North American otter
  5. Ringtail cat
  6. Canebrake rattlesnake
  7. Coral snake

I don't remember where I was going with this, but all I'll say is that no 2 packs will be the same, ever, because everybody lives in a different part of the World and has his or her own ideas about what they wanna see, what should be included, and also in some cases what will likely be included.

That's why my NA pack is different than say yours or Aramar's or Foxy's or König's. I wanna see animal I relate with along with popular animals in zoos. It's a very delicate balance

I basically hope the next dlc will be an aquarium pack but it will probably be north america so I predict:
  • Cougar
  • moose
  • California Sea Lion
  • beaver
  • And what specie of snake for a exhibit animal
These are the animals I think and want I hope we get soon
aquarium pack and europe pack.🤞😃

But Europe? I still can't make a European section in my zoo.
Exactly! I have a project that I paused, because it's a european wildlife park and so far I am absolutely dependend on mods (which I'm currently not using). That doesn't take away from the continents that are underrepresented (Australia, South America), but I'm absolutely tired of favouring every other region over europe constantly. I don't get why europe isn't worth any attention, let alone exclusive attention for an EUROPEAN pack and not eurasian pack.

Yes, upcomming DLCs are limited. But maybe by far not as imited as some look at it...

And on a side note, we wouldn't even have anything to discuss without this EUROPEAN company, so there is no valid argument why they shouldn't male a EUROPEAN pack for a very lare european player base. Geez.

I don't get why europe isn't worth any attention, let alone exclusive attention for an EUROPEAN pack and not eurasian pack.
I admit, I was guilty if this for a while; I didn't think Europe would be interesting.

But eventually I realized that there are a ton of animals there that would be amazing to have, excluding the ones also found in NA. The one in most excited for is some kind of deer, and I think that the fallow deer has won for the one I hope is added to a Europe (or even Eurasian) pack.

Basically, I do want a NA pack to represent my home, and I hope that the European players get their pack as well to represent their home. I want everybody to be represented😆, and we're only missing (ironically) the 2 continents where most of the community is: Europe amd North America

Although I understand what you mean, I disagree on this part. Those two packs (which I agree they lack lots of animals) were probably planned and released at the beginning of the lifespan of the game. Since then, feedback has focused on that we want more animals. So if a new pack that is released afterwards takes into account that feedback and adds more animals, I wouldn't say it is unfair for those original packs. Otherwise why do we provide feedback if we can't change the model? Also, wouldn't it be unfair that North America or Europe have had to wait two years to get a pack and those regions only had to wait a few months?
Europe/Eurasia and North America got themes and animals in the base game and in the frist DLC.

And Asia. The chances are high that we can exept an asia pack, because SEA is not asia! So if we get EUR and AS seperated, we have 1 animal slot more, magic ✨
True, but we have India and east Asia, as well. Really all that's missing is North Asia and the area where Europe and Asia meet

Fair enough, but to say that Europe and NA have been ignored so far is simply not true.
I don't think they've been ignored, more like pushed aside. The Southern hemisphere, especially SA and Africa, have a huge representation.

The northern hemisphere does not have as big a roster. So, animal pack for NA, animal pack for Europe, maybe one for Asia, as suggested by @Fini

True, but we have India and east Asia, as well. Really all that's missing is North Asia and the area where Europe and Asia meet
Yep, you're right. But it is a thing, and its not impossible.
Animals like Markhor, Takin, P. Horse have a chance.
The Asia Term is quite open.
And I think all continental packs are standard packs. Animal Packs hits more niche places on earth, like SEA or maybe birds of southeast quebeck.

I don't think they've been ignored, more like pushed aside. The Southern hemisphere, especially SA and Africa, have a huge representation.
I was replying to Aramar’s comment that “North America or Europe have had to wait two years to get a pack and those regions only had to wait a few months?”

- neither had to wait two years, both were in the base game and the first DLC…

Sorry, I didn't know that the wood and brick themes that came with the base game (classic and new world) were European and North American. I would had never guessed that there are no bricks and wood in South America or Australia or Africa...
‘New world’ is a bit of a hint.

I was replying to Aramar’s comment that “North America or Europe have had to wait two years to get a pack and those regions only had to wait a few months?”

- neither had to wait two years, both were in the base game and the first DLC…
Does the order really matter that much? Because of me, I'm waiting 2 years for my Europe Pack, the main thing is that there is one.

Top Bottom