The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Hi everyone thought I would share a find with you guys so I haven’t completely mapped and checked out every planet feel free to go there DRYI AUSMS KS-T E3-80
I do put a warning going there it depends where the carbon star is located but first time I saw it was in front of the main sequence black hole i have no idea if this a good find or not i like to call this system the unfortunate one as if you stumble upon it you will think it’s a black hole then bammmmm it’s a huge carbon star obviously this depends on the time. have a nice day/night :)

Attachments

• 636CCF69-D76C-4A27-96F8-49B49AFF5811.jpeg
    636CCF69-D76C-4A27-96F8-49B49AFF5811.jpeg
    582.4 KB · Views: 83
GMP Update #5448-#5572

The And You Get an Entry! update

Not added for reasons of notability:

...None. None whatsoever.

Not added for procedural reasons:

5492 - Horizons entries are ineligible (Pending Odyssey review)
5464 - Planetary Nebulae are ineligible
5472 - Immediately superseded. By like, a lot.

ELW Tourist Beacon Contest Winners Added - Congrats!:
5448 - Gardens of Edirne
5453 - Bague ornée de Bijoux
5496 - Aselou
5500 - Jet Cone View

Added:

5449 - Cupid and Psyche
5451 - Jewels of Tenebrae
5461 - Sapphire Sisters
5462 - Aquila's Fuel
5463 - Down and Delight
5466 - HD 11092
5477 - Via Gravitatis
5488 - Bleak Power Trio
5489 - Luna Moth
5497 - Tidal Egg
5504 - The Dandelion Anomaly
5511 - Entdecker Gefahr
5528 - Icarus' Rest
5548 - Poseidon's Garden
5568 - Three-Pointed Crown - OK, how is this not a contest winner?!
5572 - Celestial Embrace

Photo Updates:

Morgan's Rock (population updated)/NGC6188
OGLE-05-390L
V381 Normae
Scotum Outer Beacon

What an amazing round of submissions! From contest winners and record-breakers (and those very nearly so!), to some very unique anomalies of various sorts and some much-needed distractions in sparse regions, to two pairs of Taylor's rings so rare by themselves, and so close to my heart.

Thank you, CMDRS, for your ongoing passion for exploration and desire to share your incredible discoveries!

P.S. PLEASE let me know if I failed to note any contest winners in this update!

Last edited:
What are some base rules or criteria for submissions?
See this for the official answer, and to answer what's officially "rare," see this. Check out previous submissions and updates here (I did the last 4, so you could search the thread for my name. They'll stick out.) for a read on what usually gets accepted or not. And note that this last update was exceptionally rare for its lack of rejections.

While we'll entertain any entries, I'd like to suggest that if you can't identify something "rare" when you find it based on your own experience, then maybe hold off until you have a few thousand more LY's under your exploratory belt before submitting that pink GG.

If a submission isn't something objectively unique for its rarity per the above link, then the big question we ask is "would a CMDR travel thousands of LY to see this?"

Oh, and note that Horizons surface features are ineligible, as are Planetary Nebulae.

Last edited:
If the beacon names are not released before Friday, I'll go ahead with this update and use the beacon winners' existing names. (We can add the beacon names to the descriptions when they become available). It's a doozie; these are great submissions!
Looks like the beacons have been added. Mine was named "Blooming with life", and I'd like the GMP POI to be renamed to that too. I've posted extra details such as screenshots with the beacon text here.

Also, I'd like to submit a new description, because my original text was missing some line breaks, and Frontier edited it to be better too:

"Situated near the Thracian nebula in the Vulcan Gate region, this system is abundant with various kinds of life. First, there is an Earth-like world (ABCD 1), lit by the four stars that it co-orbits, which is a rare phenomenon in itself.
There is much more to this system, however. There are several bodies with various kinds of thin atmospheres, but ABCD 4 a stands out among them. It is a moon with a carbon dioxide atmosphere, that houses at least 9 different species. The planetary nebula is also close enough that explorers can find the rare bioluminescent Electricae Radialem in this system.

Combined with the other landable planets, explorers visiting this system can find at least one species from 10 different genuses out of the 15 that were known at the time of writing."

It's curious how they added "at least" to the species mentions there, especially when 4a has 9 biological signals. I included the same here then.

Last edited:
Looks like the beacons have been added. Mine was named "Blooming with life", and I'd like the GMP POI to be renamed to that too. I've posted extra details such as screenshots with the beacon text here.

Also, I'd like to submit a new description, because my original text was missing some line breaks, and Frontier edited it to be better too:

"Situated near the Thracian nebula in the Vulcan Gate region, this system is abundant with various kinds of life. First, there is an Earth-like world (ABCD 1), lit by the four stars that it co-orbits, which is a rare phenomenon in itself.
There is much more to this system, however. There are several bodies with various kinds of thin atmospheres, but ABCD 4 a stands out among them. It is a moon with a carbon dioxide atmosphere, that houses at least 9 different species. The planetary nebula is also close enough that explorers can find the rare bioluminescent Electricae Radialem in this system.

Combined with the other landable planets, explorers visiting this system can find at least one species from 10 different genuses out of the 15 that were known at the time of writing."

It's curious how they added "at least" to the species mentions there, especially when 4a has 9 biological signals. I included the same here then.
On it! Fun fact of the day: "Genuses"

Name:Bague ornée de Bijoux (Use the name the tourist beacon will be called)
Game map search ref:DRYAO PHYLIO AA-A H410
Description:Situated atop the galaxy, this quad black hole system is home to an incredibly rare Earth-like world orbiting a ringed M class star, it comes with a fantastic view of the rings and of other bodies orbiting the star. The system orbiting the star also composes of other bodies. One pair, orbiting each other with a rapid orbit of 9 hours under the blazing sun, causing heavy volcanism.

The system also holds all the required materials to easily inject your FSD!

It also features a tourist beacon! (or will, depending on when you look at it)
Screenshot references:View attachment 256213View attachment 256205View attachment 256207View attachment 263939View attachment 256206

Name:Aselou
Game map search ref:PYROIFEIA KE-E D13-35
Description:A G-Type Star System with a Class III Gas Giant that has 5 notable moons. These moons that orbit the Gas Giant are 2 Terraformable Water Worlds, 1 Ringed Earth Like World, 1 Earth Like World, & a Ringed Gas Giant with Water Based Life.
Also, each one of these moons has a gravity above 1G which is unusually high for gas giant moons.
The odds of a gas giant having moons like these are incredibly low and a system like this would serve as a great tourist destination.
Screenshot reference:
View attachment 263756

Name:Jet Cone View (new name coming when the new tourist beacons are added)
Game map search ref:Dryoea Flyi IM-W f1-3475
Description:This Earth Like World lies only 1500ls from a tinary Black Hole, White Dwarf and K class star giving rise to views of the jetcones from the white dwarf whilst in orbit around the Earth Like World. Upon entry to the system CMDRs will be met by the stunning dance of these three stars locked in a close orbit whilst also enjoying the interesting gravitational lensing caused by the Black Hole. It is unknown how such a world could exist so close to this stellar configaration given radiation emitted from the Black Hole and White Dwarf would usually sterilise a planet, giving rise to both a unique site for tourists to visit and an opportunity for scientific research and colonisation.

This system will also contain a tourist beacon in the near future (name TBC)
Screenshot reference:View attachment 264434
View attachment 264435View attachment 264432
If you guys would also like your entires updated, please follow Marx's suit and let us know. Include details such as text etc. you would like changed.

Last edited:
Made it to the beacon. The description was similar, although I prefer the bit of FDev's version I'll put below. If possible could the GMP POI be made to match it? Not sure whether it's worth changing the name though, I'll leave that to the GMP's discretion.

Tourist Spot 0252 - Stunning Skies.

This Earth-Like World lies only 1500ls from a trinary Black Hole, White Dwarf and K Class star giving rise to views of the jetcones from the White Dwarf whilst in orbit around the Earth-Like world. Upon entry to the system, CMDRs will be met by the stunning dance of these three stars locked in close orbit whilst also enjoying interesting gravitational lensing caused by the Black Hole.

The planet's close proximity to this stellar configuration is remarkable, giving rise to both a unique site for tourists to visit and an opportunity for scientific research and colonisation.

Attachments

• 20211114232114_1.jpg
    20211114232114_1.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211114232132_1.jpg
    20211114232132_1.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 56
Name:A Close Relationship
Game map search ref:DRYOEA FLYOO AA-A H43
Description:This tourist beacon was set up in September 3307 as part of the Saud Kruger Exploration Campaign in conjunction with Astrogator Tours.
The location was identified by Commander knausis who made the following observations: This system hosts and Earth-like world with a close moon for beautiful vistas.

Both Saud Kruger and Astogator Tours extend their thanks to Commander knausis for contributing to the success of this initiative.
Screenshot reference:EliteDangerous64_2021_11_12_21_42_15_614.pngEliteDangerous64_2021_11_16_00_09_53_364.pngEpN7fhC.jpg

Made it to the beacon. The description was similar, although I prefer the bit of FDev's version I'll put below. If possible could the GMP POI be made to match it? Not sure whether it's worth changing the name though, I'll leave that to the GMP's discretion.

Tourist Spot 0252 - Stunning Skies.

This Earth-Like World lies only 1500ls from a trinary Black Hole, White Dwarf and K Class star giving rise to views of the jetcones from the White Dwarf whilst in orbit around the Earth-Like world. Upon entry to the system, CMDRs will be met by the stunning dance of these three stars locked in close orbit whilst also enjoying interesting gravitational lensing caused by the Black Hole.

The planet's close proximity to this stellar configuration is remarkable, giving rise to both a unique site for tourists to visit and an opportunity for scientific research and colonisation.
Done.

Name:A Close Relationship
Game map search ref:DRYOEA FLYOO AA-A H43
Description:This tourist beacon was set up in September 3307 as part of the Saud Kruger Exploration Campaign in conjunction with Astrogator Tours.
The location was identified by Commander knausis who made the following observations: This system hosts and Earth-like world with a close moon for beautiful vistas.

Both Saud Kruger and Astogator Tours extend their thanks to Commander knausis for contributing to the success of this initiative.
Screenshot reference:View attachment 275325View attachment 275326View attachment 275327
Done.

Yes they are unusual but still appear sometimes, those "oh dear" moments are part of the fun of exploring;

KyJKTM4.jpg

Ok, as you say so. I did wisit "a few" of those, but this was really close call, there were NOT even that "brick-shi++ing" moment, when arriving sequence go actually straight through one of the stars xD
But Im ok to not put it there, people in such faraway places will (should be) probably prepared enough.
At least I know now that I should not ever get TOO comfortable when exploring :-D

GMP Update #5448-#5572

The And You Get an Entry! update

Not added for reasons of notability:

...None. None whatsoever.

Not added for procedural reasons:

5492 - Horizons entries are ineligible (Pending Odyssey review)
5464 - Planetary Nebulae are ineligible
5472 - Immediately superseded. By like, a lot.

ELW Tourist Beacon Contest Winners Added - Congrats!:
5448 - Gardens of Edirne
5453 - Bague ornée de Bijoux
5496 - Aselou
5500 - Jet Cone View

Added:

5449 - Cupid and Psyche
5451 - Jewels of Tenebrae
5461 - Sapphire Sisters
5462 - Aquila's Fuel
5463 - Down and Delight
5466 - HD 11092
5477 - Via Gravitatis
5488 - Bleak Power Trio
5489 - Luna Moth
5497 - Tidal Egg
5504 - The Dandelion Anomaly
5511 - Entdecker Gefahr
5528 - Icarus' Rest
5548 - Poseidon's Garden
5568 - Three-Pointed Crown - OK, how is this not a contest winner?!
5572 - Celestial Embrace

Photo Updates:

Morgan's Rock (population updated)/NGC6188
OGLE-05-390L
V381 Normae
Scotum Outer Beacon

What an amazing round of submissions! From contest winners and record-breakers (and those very nearly so!), to some very unique anomalies of various sorts and some much-needed distractions in sparse regions, to two pairs of Taylor's rings so rare by themselves, and so close to my heart.

Thank you, CMDRS, for your ongoing passion for exploration and desire to share your incredible discoveries!

P.S. PLEASE let me know if I failed to note any contest winners in this update!
Hey Baxder, thank you for including the Anomaly (5504). This is my first POI that has been successfully submitted.

However, you left the "figure" parts in the text without including the pictures. I've done a corrected text for that part.

The Dandelion Anomaly system consists of four black holes, one ringed M class, 11 other stars, with 8 of them orbiting three black holes relatively close to each other 96k ls from the primary black hole. What is curious about the latter is that the lensing effect emits light to such a degree that it is equally or even brighter than stars closer to the bodies in the central star. One example is seen on the moon A 2 a, a planet orbiting inside the ringed M class A 2, which despite his parent body's closer proximity, the anomaly is emitting an even brighter light. Therefore, creating a planet of "Endless day" which is hit with light from both sides, never giving sleep to whoever lands on the planet. And as it thought there could be no more surprises, there is life on the anomaly relatively close to the black holes! Close to them, we have some landables with an atmosphere with modest land-based lifeforms that defy all possibilities and thrive despite the gravitational anomaly. Indeed a pretty exciting system to behold and stop, as going towards the anomaly can create a fascinating lensing effect that would surprise the most veteran of explorers visiting Odin's hold.

I made a quick correction in case you don't want to include the other cool-looking pictures. (Credit me for the astrophotography please bellow the summer slam expedition too if you can :D)

Thank you!

Hey Baxder, thank you for including the Anomaly (5504). This is my first POI that has been successfully submitted.

However, you left the "figure" parts in the text without including the pictures. I've done a corrected text for that part.

I made a quick correction in case you don't want to include the other cool-looking pictures. (Credit me for the astrophotography please bellow the summer slam expedition too if you can :D)

Thank you!
Photo credit added and "illustration" references removed. We generally use only one photo to depict a POI.

On it! Fun fact of the day: "Genuses"

If you guys would also like your entires updated, please follow Marx's suit and let us know. Include details such as text etc. you would like changed.
My tourist beacon name is "Among four black holes". Now if possible, could I keep the original GMP name I gave it? I do understand continuity for continuity's sake, but I really prefer the GMP name I gave it lol.

I saw somewhere there was a request for photos from the Dr. Kay's Heart system?

Also, a description if needed:

"This system is named in honor of Dr. Kay Ross, a 20th and 21st century astrophysicist and systems designer who is credited with early modeling of the Milky Way. The Universal Cartographics Guild renamed the system and the nearby Dr. Kay's Soul Nebula in October 3307 to honor Ross' pioneering work in astrography. A beacon orbiting Planet A 2 in the system repeats the following message in phonetic at the top of every hour:"

o7 CMDRS
I have wandered down a new fork in the road but my heart and soul will forever be here to paraphrase A C Clarke 2010 Odyssey Two
ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS USE THEM TOGETHER USE THEM IN PEACE
I love you all
Dr K R signing off

wanlepP.png

jOVFFnk.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom