3309 Holiday Event

I have yet to find a single twitch stream which unlocks the DBX paintjob. What gives? Is there any way to find these streams on purpose beside clicking on literally everything that says "drops" and then waiting to see if it moves a progress bar?

I have yet to find a single twitch stream which unlocks the DBX paintjob. What gives? Is there any way to find these streams on purpose beside clicking on literally everything that says "drops" and then waiting to see if it moves a progress bar?
Only streamers in the Elite Partner Program have the DBX drop. Unfortunately it seems FDEV haven't put a full list of the partners anywhere, only partial lists:
Wave 1
Wave 2
Wave 3

Only streamers in the Elite Partner Program have the DBX drop. Unfortunately it seems FDEV haven't put a full list of the partners anywhere, only partial lists:
Wave 1
Wave 2
Wave 3
I get that it's the Elite Partner Program, but is there any way to look this up on twitch? Do you just have to know?

On the actual Twitch page for the "drop" it says this:
"To continue the progress, go to a participating live channel including /bossladyb, /brother_sabathius, /captainflint, /cmdrascorbius, and /cmdrorangepheonix"

Thing is, it's NOT TRUE. I spent a number of sessions streaming /brother sabathius, for example, and it does not progress the DBX drop.

Would it be so incredibly unreasonably difficult for Frontier to post links or channel names of the actual "Partners" that will unlock this paintjob?

Like, the reason they have this extra special exclusive paintjob is because they WANT us to watch the channels it is connect to, right?

Or is this some kind of 5D Chess manipulation tactic where if it's confusing and unclear what works and what doesn't, we'll end up watching more Elite Dangerous twitch content? I really want to employ Hanlon's Razor, here, but it's hard not to wonder.

Maybe the list isnt updated anymore. I obtained mine in the first hours, with some streamer doing PvE combat.

Once join, the DBX progress appear in the chat. If not, change streamer.

I get that it's the Elite Partner Program, but is there any way to look this up on twitch? Do you just have to know?

On the actual Twitch page for the "drop" it says this:
"To continue the progress, go to a participating live channel including /bossladyb, /brother_sabathius, /captainflint, /cmdrascorbius, and /cmdrorangepheonix"
That's just how twitch is, they show the first few names but expect the company running the promo to have a full list publicly available...

Thing is, it's NOT TRUE. I spent a number of sessions streaming /brother sabathius, for example, and it does not progress the DBX drop.
Then you probably already have it, or you still have another drop sitting in https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory waiting to be redeemed.
(Was Brother Sab actually playing ED? He plays several other games as well where the drop obviously wouldn't be active...)

Would it be so incredibly unreasonably difficult for Frontier to post links or channel names of the actual "Partners" that will unlock this paintjob?

Like, the reason they have this extra special exclusive paintjob is because they WANT us to watch the channels it is connect to, right?

Or is this some kind of 5D Chess manipulation tactic where if it's confusing and unclear what works and what doesn't, we'll end up watching more Elite Dangerous twitch content? I really want to employ Hanlon's Razor, here, but it's hard not to wonder.
The partner program is garbage and should be abandoned; let everyone have the same drops instead of funneling views to a select few, especially when many of them don't even bother to play the game any more.

Last edited:
1702903677974.png

and i watch pretty much sab only...
twitch teds to do a thing where you might have to collect previous one before the other one starts progressing. your account link might be wonky. if everything checks then contact support. not every inconvenience is 5d chess to hurt you

Wave 1
Wave 2
Wave 3
You can see which streamers offer the DBX drop in Twitch : their channel have the "ElitePartner" tag. Example (I don't know this streamer, it's just the first appearing with the tag):
1702907727385.png

Hey all,

I got the text from #5, but it makes no sense to me. How does this hint to a location?

Hey all,

I got the text from #5, but it makes no sense to me. How does this hint to a location?

George Lucas isn't only a filmmaker from the distant past in this galaxy, CMDR. ;-)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Jrt
BTW, this year's event is surprisingly nice: a shower of gifts upon a short quest full of funny lore! FDev may be in not quite a good state these days, but they still have some nice small content to offer. :)

BTW, this year's event is surprisingly nice: a shower of gifts upon a short quest full of funny lore! FDev may be in not quite a good state these days, but they still have some nice small content to offer. :)

Last year's event was nice too (not sure if nicer cause i didnt checked this one yet) and it involved toys delivered to kids.
This one appear to be a bit kinkier erm, i mean more about adults, like... erm... Yuri 🐻 thing

Top Bottom