Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2]

Issue 22 of Sagittarius Eye is out:

Woo hoo! Just catching a brief window of wifi here ... have I missed anything else? (doesn't seem so apart from Sag Eye getting their asteroid base).

Trending: NPC crew suggestions, why some people aren't bored of Elite & loosening the screws on terrain generation.

P.S. I've also moved a bunch of older Trending posts into post #4 to make a bit of room.

Added the "Holdstock Report" to the "mysterious things and lore section". This is an incredibly detailed history of the galaxy from the Children of Raxxla and, although it comes with a Raxxla/Club galactic conspiracy spin, is based on extensive research of the Elite history tourist beacons, Galnet and other sources of authorised fiction.

Trending: The Enclave cometh!

Also, next Frontier Extra (the thing where a bunch of dev's and community managers sit around their cosy sofa area and discuss what's been happening in and around the wider Frontier community over the last month or so) is happening tomorrow afternoon (3pm UK time).

Last edited:
62017576_555688768289231_53955887433252864_n.jpg

"On behalf of Michael and his family, thank you again, you magnificent humans, you make the world – and the internet – a better place"
- Matthew Westhorpe

For those who followed the story of young Cmdr Michael, his Uncle (Mat) has just posted an open letter to Frontier and the Elite: Dangerous community about his nephew's final days. I should warn you now that it's upsetting (I'm in bits right now) but there's also a wonderful side to this, namely the response from Frontier and the game's wider community and how it genuinely helped this young man enjoy the final days of a life cut tragically short, which I deeply believe is worth sharing.

And the original forum thread for those new to this story: michaels-journey-through-the-stars

Last edited:
Trending: What haven't you done? One giant leap for the Apollo 11 expedition, Lavecon speculation and ... drumroll ... ladies, gentlemen, Thargoids, Guardian AI and any other life forms capable of flying a spaceship quickly ... The Buckyball Racing Club are back!

D2WpLrC.png

Running from the 13th to the 21st of July 3305, a new race around the seven sister stars of Asterope, Atlas, Celaeno, Maia, Merope, Pleione and Sterope II.

Open to all no matter what platform you play on, or what days or times you play. Click the banner for details.

Trending: Bit slow getting back up to speed after Lavecon but ... the new Buckyball race starts this weekend, the long standing A* Buckyball challenge is now under new management, I attempt to dispel some myths about Stellar Forge, there's a new fan ED novel that's well worth a read and last but not least, there's the Lavecon reveals.

Also: I've added a fabulously detailed review of the VKB Gunfighter MK2 high-end joystick (a direct competitor to Virpil) to the "accessories, add-ons and tools to improve the ED experience" section.

Last edited:
It's only taken @NeilF three years and several community managers but he finally wore them down! :ROFLMAO:

Just wanted to quickly shoutout various stuff worthy of note this week.

1) Michael's Story - video version of the story Drew Wagar wrote for Michael Holyland - "A story set in the Elite Dangerous universe, written for a dying boy so that he may live forever". Video description also includes links to audio book versions, charity donation pages and further reading.

2) Feature article on the mysteries of the Witch Head nebula from the ever fantastic (and perhaps overlooked?) Remlok Industries website.
Interstellar Initiative 2 - The Mysteries Of The Witch Head

3) Featured Commander: Ghost Giraffe (awesome long-time ED video makers well worth checking out if you haven't already).
featured-commander-ghost-giraffe

4) Awesome DW2 video, REALLY worth watching for some absolutely stunning imagery from the expedition.

Trending: Thargoids rout Palin, mildly inconvenience some commanders and cause havoc in the closing stages of last weeks Buckyball Race.

Also: I've added another thread full of good suggestions and ideas to the start of "Handy tips and tricks" in the "manuals, guides and other stuff for new players" section.

Top Bottom