Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

Help me out (anybody) - when are you seeing this, when you first start the game or after pressing F1? What would really be helpful is to have a screenshot of the three F1 states (full HUD, partial HUD, and no HUD).

Also, make sure you are all using version

of 3DMigoto!
I had modified your version, but I believe I didn't change these states. I started with every shader as normal. Turned of ambient lighting with F4 and F3 for internal ship lights (my settings). F2 was for toggling old black space. F1 for HUD and the states. My HUD looked 100% normal when I logged in. When I pressed F1 one time, part of the HUD in the spaceship went away. When I pressed F1 again I think the entire HUD went away. Third time back to before. I will provide screenshot and explain in more detail shortly when I'm on the PC.

Except for the brown Milky Way in the middle shot ;)
That's on purpose but easy to fix if you don't like it (I have this as "eyes adjust to the darkness to see nebula better" mode).

Code:
[CommandListToggleHud]
$hideHUD = $hideHUD + 1
if $hideHUD == 2
  y = 0
else if $hideHUD > 2
  $hideHUD = 0
  y = 1
endif
Where it has y = 0, change that to y = 1. That will make sure the skybox stays "muted".

You can also go back to the old behavior of just toggling the outside HUD on and off (leaving things like radar on all the time) by changing the code to:

Code:
[CommandListToggleHud]
$hideHUD = 1 - $hideHUD
(getting rid of all the "if" stuff)

Last edited:
Thanks - got that to work OK.

As a way of thanks: please find attached a little shader fix I have made: you can turn down the brightness of the Orbit Lines by altering the value // < < HERE
1.0 is full
0.0 is nothing

MP

Attachments

• 7b3274d6fc4f91aa-ps_replace.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 168
I am now using your code, if you want I can PM it to you. I'm using 3DMigoto 1.3.16.

Initial.jpg

Initial
F1x1.jpg

F1 pressed once
F1x2.jpg

F1 pressed twice

Edit: Removed spoiler as I remembered Old Duck can't see the content.

Last edited:
This would be a lot easier to fix if everybody was having this issue. It could be that ED uses a different shader for HUD on certain ships (it does weird stuff like that). Try an Eagle or Type 9 or Phantom - all of these ships work for me. I'm out in the middle of nowhere, otherwise I'd try one of your ships.

ps - I didn't know so many players wanted a shortcut for HUD-off! The reason I added it is because it's near impossible for me to hit CTRL-ALT-G in VR.

This would be a lot easier to fix if everybody was having this issue. It could be that ED uses a different shader for HUD on certain ships (it does weird stuff like that). Try an Eagle or Type 9 or Phantom - all of these ships work for me. I'm out in the middle of nowhere, otherwise I'd try one of your ships.

ps - I didn't know so many players wanted a shortcut for HUD-off! The reason I added it is because it's near impossible for me to hit CTRL-ALT-G in VR.
I will try in a phantom and see, have one waiting here. I have tried sidewinder and it does the same.

I don't technically want to use HUD off most of the time, but I gotta try the different settings and work out how it works! Now, if there was a way to keep the leading circle while removing all the glare from the window... That would be amazing! The DBS is notoriously bad for the glare

I've tried with phantom and got same issue. I'm going to try to see if there's any graphic setting which affect this (I don't see how but will see)

Don't think it is ship type - I have tried:

Corvette, Cutter, iCourier, Anaconda, Asp, Python, Phantom, Mamba, FDL

They all work for me: did you do a completely clean install? I removed 3DMigoto completely.

MP

The three settings which I get is a) Everything there with muted galaxyy b) Holographics background and window gone with muted galaxy c) Ship, radar, and target animation gone with full galaxy. Another F1 press go back to A.

The three settings which I get is a) Everything there with muted galaxyy b) Holographics background and window gone with muted galaxy c) Ship, radar, and target animation gone with full galaxy. Another F1 press go back to A.

Is it a clean install: that would help rule some things out :)

MP

Is it a clean install: that would help rule some things out :)

MP
Not of 3DMigoto as I've not changed anything with it and got the 1.3.16 version already. I can check that tomorrow (sleep for me in a minute).

Tried to use the below code, and it had the same effect as pressing F1 before. The only thing F1 do for me is remove the holo background and window, then remove the lighting, then return lighting, window, and holo background. Nothing else changed. I have attached the .ini file I use (in txt format due to forum requirements, and naturally I rename it to just d3dx.ini in the elite-dangerous-64 folder).

Code:
; Next level of HUD deactivation is turning off the HUD inside the ship. This also turns off lights
[ShaderOverrideInternalHUD]
Hash=f6f4895ec35cc873
;if $hideHUD > 1
  Handling=skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment1]
Hash=9813bfc19f632619
;if $hideHUD > 1
  Handling=skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment2]
Hash=a79b5e1b8183c2b0
;if $hideHUD > 1
  Handling=skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment3]
Hash=abcb5cfb5b1d8b7d
;if $hideHUD > 1
  Handling=skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment4]
Hash=af442f80671a4878
;if $hideHUD > 1
  Handling=skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment5]
Hash=ba58bc885c2dac25
;if $hideHUD > 1
  Handling=skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment6]
Hash=122f37290d55ce94
;if $hideHUD > 1
  Handling=skip
;endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment7]
Hash=f27049cc4a93e1f2
;if $hideHUD > 1
  Handling=skip
;endif

Attachments

• d3dx DUCK.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 165
@Old Duck, not really related but I think it is a nice idea for FA-off and such: Perhaps you could provide a simple directional vector gauge based on the space dust shader info. That would be really useful.
Other than that just please keep on the good work ;)

Not of 3DMigoto as I've not changed anything with it and got the 1.3.16 version already.
The only advice I can give is to install the default d3dx.ini that comes with 3DMigoto and turn Hunting on, and find the hash for that section of HUD on your computer. For whatever reason, it must be different for some people than others. There's really not anything I can do for you from here, as it's apparently not an error in my own file (otherwise everyone would have this problem) 🤷
@Old Duck, not really related but I think it is a nice idea for FA-off and such: Perhaps you could provide a simple directional vector gauge based on the space dust shader info. That would be really useful.
Y'all seem to be confusing me with a full-time paid developer from Frontier, LOL. What you ask for is not simple, it might not even be possible.

Look folks, I do this as a side-hobby to improve my own gameplay, and I'm happy to share what I've successfully done for myself with others, but that's it. Please manage your expectations.

I don't expect you to do anything other than for fun :)

I might try to follow your advice with the default and using hunting, but it's not something I ever done before so might take a while before I get around to learning how to. Especially since I don't actually fly without HUD (I'm a combat pilot), but was testing as I was trying to figure out what does what and encountered that "bug". I'm sure I'll do it at some point!

Top Bottom