Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

How about let us purchase individual ship kit pieces?

How about let us purchase specific exact amounts of ARX rather than scamming us with packs of preset amounts?

How about ship kits show up in the loading screen and in your HUD rather than being relegated to external camera mode only?

Thanks!
Where is the scam exactly?

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you for all of the feedback you have shared so far!

We’ve been looking through your comments and wanted to provide some clarity on some topics of discussion:

ARX PACKS

It seems there has been some confusion regarding the number of ARX in a pack, specifically if that bonus is included in or added to the displayed amount.

The bonus is always added on top of the base ARX in a pack. We've added the Total ARX included in each pack for you here:
  • 5000 ARX Pack
  • 8,400 ARX Pack (+420 bonus) = 8,820 total ARX
  • 16,800 ARX Pack (+900 bonus) = 17,700 total ARX
  • 25,500 ARX Pack (+1,300 bonus) = 26,800 total ARX
  • 51,000 ARX Pack (+3,000 bonus) = 54,000 total ARX
  • 85,000 ARX Pack (+15,000 bonus) = 100,000 total ARX
GAME EXTRA PRICES

Some of you have understandably requested some context in the form of prices of Game Extras in ARX, so that you can get an idea of your spending power, and how much your weekly free ARX will net you. We’ve provided a list of item types below and the range of prices they will cost in ARX. There are too many products to give you an exhaustive list of prices here, but to give you some idea, here are some examples of products and price ranges:

You can expect these prices for the following item types:
  • Decals - 50 to 150 ARX
  • Individual Fighter and SRV Paint Jobs - 460 to 3280 ARX
  • Individual Ship Paint Jobs - 620 to 5,520 ARX
  • Individual Bobbleheads – 2,450 to 6,450 ARX
  • COVAS – 8,850 ARX
  • Ship Kits (sold in Bundles) – 11,750 to 13,520 ARX
As mentioned by Executive Producer Adam Woods on the livestream, some Game Extras will only be available in bundles, such as Ship Kits and Holo-Me Customisation items.

EARNING ARX WHILE PLAYING

A key pillar of ARX is the ability to earn Game Extras over time through gameplay, which has previously not been possible. When earning free ARX, every Commander will be able to quickly spend them on a variety of items or save them for later purchases.
  • We don’t want to alter the way you play Elite Dangerous; we’ve looked at common in-game actions across all the main careers or activities (such as Exploration, Trade and Combat) and ensured that those actions provide a number of ARX.
  • By simply engaging with those activities, as you would normally (such as exploring a new system, hauling cargo or destroying other ships), you will receive a number of ARX.
  • Being in-game but inactive will not reward you with ARX. It isn’t based on time spent in-game, but on the actions you take.
FRONTIER STORE DOWNTIME
  • To clarify on the Frontier Store Downtime, cosmetic items and Game Extras will not be available for purchase from 16 September at 07:00 (UTC) and will go live again once the September Update has been deployed.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we’ll do our best to answer where we can!

Ah yes, the usual cash shop pseudo currency B S. You had until now the decency to sell cosmetics directly for cash, no conversion masking the real price, no point bundles leaving you with left-overs and all the other usual shenanigans. You even added the typical bonus points to larger bundles so people are incentivised to buy a large pile of points at once instead of only just as much as they need for a particular item. Way to go.

no conversion masking the real price,
Here you go

Edit: There were a few mistakes

Last edited:
Let’s see... before this whole ARX thing, if I wanted all my ships to be in “SWA Blue,” I would’ve had to pay over $160, assuming I didn’t buy too many SLF. After this whole ARX thing, it’ll cost me less than $20, and I can use the free ARX from playing for other cosmetics.

Truly, Frontier is a greedy, greedy, monster.

So if I understand this correctly some store items are a smidgen more expensive and some a tad less, we're talking nickels and dimes here right?
Ugh, I don't want to see the day Fdev decides to put a 10% price increase on all store items, the forum will explode!!

Oh and you get some nickels and dimes for free by just playing the game.

To be honest, I couldn't care less, when I realy like a paintjob or shipkit I'll just buy it, I did so before and never had to skip a meal or a pint of beer.
So much fuzz about a couple Euros which no one forces you to spend, if you don't like it just leave it then.

As much as im disappointed this update isn't more exciting i am amazed with people trying to spread doom over something that is A. Totally normal in nearly every video game B. The same price / mildly cheaper than it is today and C. Partially free.

Im all for bashing fdev when they stop talking to us for months but i feel like were scraping the salt barrel here....

Ah yes, the usual cash shop pseudo currency B S. You had until now the decency to sell cosmetics directly for cash, no conversion masking the real price, no point bundles leaving you with left-overs and all the other usual shenanigans. You even added the typical bonus points to larger bundles so people are incentivised to buy a large pile of points at once instead of only just as much as they need for a particular item. Way to go.
Frontier Points have been a thing on console since Elite on Xbox's launch in 2015. You're about 4 years late with your outrage.

Top Bottom