Autumn DLC Speculation

Now that we have gotten all the continent packs out of the way, I am really excited to have packs that can fill in the gaps in the roster. Conservation and Wetlands both did wonders for Asia. I really want the same thing for South America, as I am obsessed with that part of the world, especially it's wildlife. I have the same wishes for Oceania, Tropical Africa, and the Himalayas/Arid Asia.

That rather depends where you are - for me, there are a lot of eucalypts that would be great - there’s really only 1 tree in the game for south eastern Australia (stringywood).
I guess most parks/zoos in Europe, North America and maybe even some in Australia or New Zealand might have some... 🙈

I see. Looooooooooooooooooooong posts, mostly about birds (that's why I'm the bane of his existence :ROFLMAO: I play a huge role in his life, obviously.) If that doesn't ring a bell, you didn't miss out on anything.

Yep.
I, unlike my brother, have been on the forum a little longer. :ROFLMAO:
I am uploading an old thread below (edit: where is the person in question)❤️
Thank you for today's stream ☺️
For the wonderful tune ❤️
And for catching up on so many pages in reading, and I'll admit that it reads like a good book that can draw you in. :ROFLMAO:
Greetings ❤️
#200pages

Last edited:
Lots has been happening on steam database tonight. The branch files as well as the trunk files have been updated, along with the outsource_fqa files frequently updated over past few days (the latter suggests something is being tested out and fine tuned). Work has continued late in to the night too. I think we are really getting close to announcement time, and very excited to see what the wonderful team have been developing. A case of when not if now.

Let’s get back to the fun of speculation troll free. If you had to call it right here, right now what is the DLC theme? I’ve gone between 5 different themes over the past week but I think it’ll be a desert pack now.

We may get some news this week. We still have tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday, although, as far as I can remember, Frontier never posts anything on weekends
There's definitely a chance to get news this week, though I would say that if nothing comes tomorrow (Thursday) then it won't be until next week.

I like the mystery but I like the packs better. Mystery is great in the short term. I thought what they did leading up to the South American and Europe packs was great
I don't like mystery at all...at least not if it's instead of the information I want to have.🙈🙈🙈😕

Lots has been happening on steam database tonight. The branch files as well as the trunk files have been updated, along with the outsource_fqa files frequently updated over past few days (the latter suggests something is being tested out and fine tuned). Work has continued late in to the night too. I think we are really getting close to announcement time, and very excited to see what the wonderful team have been developing. A case of when not if now.

Let’s get back to the fun of speculation troll free. If you had to call it right here, right now what is the DLC theme? I’ve gone between 5 different themes over the past week but I think it’ll be a desert pack now.
I'm going nocturnal animal DLC. It's a theme that wouldn't require new scenery and would continue the trend of Frontier leaning hard on the meta wishlist: Tasmanian devil, African crested porcupine, red river hog, and wolverine would all fit in that pack - and would offer a range of animals geographically (they could use the remaining 4 to work in some species from Asia, SA, maybe 1 more NA animal or whatever). Maned wolf could arguably fit too, though I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

As its likely an animal pack too, I wouldn't expect much in the way of additional content beyond signs and maybe an enrichment item or two. I could see them adding a smaller version of some of the predator toys for the tazzy (that could also be used for fennec foxes) and something new for the porcupine. Porcupine would also utilize the burrows.

Free update might include some new lighting features, night-time murals, and foliage. Plus other QoL stuff...

My other thought is "rainforest" or "jungle" as that could cover a solid chunk of the wishlist as well (maned wolf, gibbon, red river hog, sloth, coati, fossa, tree kangaroo). Desert could arguably work but wouldn't lean so hard into the wishlist if they did.

PS: What was the recent pack that had a Friday announcement?!! I forgot that if it happened haha.

I would be extremely happy with bats, my brown hyena, or marine animals (dolphins/manatees...) so no matter what theme the pack has, if it includes some of these species I'm very happy

Do y'all have ANY idea what the pack will be?
I honestly have no idea. I used to be a huge proponent of Nocturnal but now I am thinking that a forest-type pack may be more likely. I honestly think that it's not even a mainstream idea. I think, whatever it is, it's going to surprise us again. I don't know why, but I have a completely illogical feeling we're getting the maned wolf.

I am begging for a Nocturnal Animal Pack! A lot of my most wanted animals could fit into a pack like this, as well as the most wanted ones by the community. Two Toed Sloth, Striped Skunk and Rodrigues Fruit Bat would be my ideal additions to the game at this stage, with the Tassie and Crested Porcupine being the most highly suggested and reasonable inclusions for upcoming packs. This would be my dream to get a skunk, a sloth and a bat all in one go. PLEEASEE!!!

Whatever the pack is, it's going to be seasonal to some degree. Most likely has to do with temperate environments, even in the loosest way possible. This is why I don't think we will be getting a desert pack. I honestly have a more confident guess for the December DLC (Highlands/Mountains Pack) than this one. Does all this updating of the files usually happen a couple of days before the announcement, a couple of weeks, or is it just random?

Regarding animals, I'm guessing we'll get any of the following:

Fairly Certain
Tasmanian Devil
Maned Wolf
Geoffroy's Spider Monkey (Or Any New World Primate)
Crested Porcupine (Or Any Porcupine)
Spectacled Bear
Fossa

Somewhat Certain:

Red River Hog
Nine-Banded Armadillo (Or Any Aramadillo)
North Island Brown Kiwi
Golden Lion Tamarin (Or Any Tamarin)
Wolverine
Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo (Or Matachie's)

Possibly:
Linne's Two-Toed Sloth (Or Any Sloth Species)
South American Coati
Red Fox

There are gonna be some oddball picks and this is all my opinion, but this is what I think is likely for mainstream picks. This is not necessarily a wishlist, even though I want almost all of the animals listed. :ROFLMAO: Also, I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of animals, so don't come for me, it was an accident!
What do you think?

dev_final_branch file on steamdb just updated some mins ago, I don’t know what dev_final_branch means, but something is definitely coming very soon! 👀
That sounds very promising. We may just hear something tomorrow yet.

As for guesses? There's so many. What I want more than anything is birds of course, and then if not that, a revisit to Oceania with an animal pack..

There's been some very strong lineups suggested for a nocturnal pack and I would like that as well. But that's not saying that's what it will be. A drylands animal pack to balance out the wetlands pack is also a possibility, giving us more desert and grassland animals. An islands pack has also been gaining popularity that has a good lineup.

But for what it will be....any guesses are as good as mine.

What I don't think it will be: Rainforests. Now, it could be "forests" as a whole, but I feel like just Rainforests would be more of a tropical pack, like for spring or summer (of course, so do deserts lol) . I also don't think it will be a temperate/taiga pack as I'm suspecting that may be what we get in December. but of course, that's just my speculating, I could be off and it could be those.

And of course, it could be something that no one or very few people have even guessed the theme to. Just in this post I've brought up 7 pack themes and if you add in things like fully marine animals, Middle East (West Asia and North Africa), Petting Zoos and Mountains/Highlands, you're closing on a dozen different themes right there. I'm happy to be surprised with whatever it may be, because I'm just happy to get new content.

Top Bottom