Be honest everyone. Who will most likely purchase the Python MkII..?

Just intrigued to know how many cmdrs are planning to buy this early access ship from the Arx store on the 7th May?

I myself may well, just for the sake of something being new. However, will probably hold out a little while to learn the usefulness of this new ship.
...Would be honestly disappointing if the interior is identical to the old version. Hoping this will see a face lift. And would make the purchase all the more worth while.

Flimley
I will buy as i like the ships plus it will be fun to see what they are like

If I buy it or do not buy it, what will it matter in the broad sense.
In the game, none at all, but we have been a long time without new toys...
That answer won't build any consensus here nor will it ultimately effect the plans that are moving.
No, it won't, some would cheer you on, others curse you.

(I'll be in the cheer section - I may be ancient in years, but enjoy my gaming, and watching games evolve)

Oooo, wonder what this update will bring?
🥳
Unlocking the PM2 thats already sat in the files :devilish:

After seeing the preview, I will probably buy the early access AND the prebuilt version. It's a nice ship, with decent components installed already. Yeah, I'll take that without a rebuy. :)

My only concern is those pre-bought modules. I know they can't be transferred to other ships, which is fine with me. However, I hope I can still remove and store them. I may want to change some of the modules (weapons, add a kill warrant scanner, etc.) and would like to store the unused components with the option to put them back in. Surely they will allow this... right? ;)

I will probably buy the early access AND the prebuilt version. It's a nice ship, with decent components installed already. Yeah, I'll take that without a rebuy.
I'm seriously considering the pre-built, it may be fun..
My only concern is those pre-bought modules.
I'm wondering if they are 'sold' (for 0 cr) and replaced if you shift the 'new' module to storage.
Or perhaps we will have to 'sell' the ship then 'buy' a new unsullied one?

What FOMO? It's not like they will suddenly go "Ha! No more Python Mk2 for you! Gotcha!"

Honestly, P2W, FOMO... it seems to me people don't know what these things mean and they keep using the phrases.
I’ve not been using fomo myself, but have assumed they are referring to the 3 months they will be missing out unless they pay up. Maybe that’s not correct use, I don’t know and am not trying to argue either way.
Are these Python Mk2's for murder hobos?
It’s hard to believe they are not in part designed to offer PvPers something new. I’ve also wondered if in talks of player retention it’s been thought that travel times are a turn off for some while many of the faithful expect and even appreciate the “realism.” I could see the SCO being born of that need at least in part as well, to offer an “in universe” bypass to some aspects of gameplay for those wanting more of an instant gratification game experience. I’m hoping some Python MK2‘s with SCO replace Vultures for ground CZ drop off ships, that’s for sure.

Hello,
i wrote on page 13 that, as a Python fan i'm going to buy the MkII for real money as soon as availablle. And that i'm looking forward to fly the new 'Python'. But i have to think that over. It's not the money, i will buy it for real money because i just have ~1300 ARX. But i'm pretty much disappointed about the change from a multi role vessel to a heavy fighter. There are, imho, enough fighters in that game.
What i hoped for is a Python whith a bit more speed and better jump distance. If it would have a class 4 weapon instead of one of the class 3, that would have been perfekt. Maybe the Power Generator reduced to class6 (i never use class 7 in my Python) would be fine. But reducing the optional slots like it is - o_O
I'll buy it, but i won't be really happy with it.

I'm seriously considering the pre-built, it may be fun..

I'm wondering if they are 'sold' (for 0 cr) and replaced if you shift the 'new' module to storage.
My understanding is that you cannot sell or store the modules from a pre-built ship. You can engineer those modules, you can replace them, but you can only keep them on that individual ship. If you remove/engineer them and want them back, you would have to 0 buy a new ship or "deploy" as it is labelled, which would also be restricted in regards to it's included individual internal modules. Can you deploy more than one pre-built at a time? Anyone know?

Can you deploy more than one pre-built at a time? Anyone know?
I can answer the first bit - with Ricardo, there was a message that only 1 prebuild could be active at any time... (but we may know, absolutely, if they come out next Tuesday)
Assuming we can't buy 2 with Arx (dunno guv, interesting thought)

I will, as a new player i really don't have too much time to play, i have only 170 hours in 2 years of gameplay, that's not much. Also i really don't want to be the best super cmdr in the galaxy, its a game.

I would like to support the devs, but they need to add more features to the game, SC has taken terrain for a long time, Frontier needs to wake up and change.I dont understand either all the problem with P2W and bla bla, it's a buissness ,they need to make money as everybody.
Elite is a full game ,and the other is in an eternal alpha state. Elite has great wasted potential.

Hello,
i wrote on page 13 that, as a Python fan i'm going to buy the MkII for real money as soon as availablle. And that i'm looking forward to fly the new 'Python'. But i have to think that over. It's not the money, i will buy it for real money because i just have ~1300 ARX. But i'm pretty much disappointed about the change from a multi role vessel to a heavy fighter. There are, imho, enough fighters in that game.
What i hoped for is a Python whith a bit more speed and better jump distance. If it would have a class 4 weapon instead of one of the class 3, that would have been perfekt. Maybe the Power Generator reduced to class6 (i never use class 7 in my Python) would be fine. But reducing the optional slots like it is - o_O
I'll buy it, but i won't be really happy with it.
It's been marketed since they first teased it as competition to the FDL and Mamba.

As far as multiroles go, what kind of medium multirole can they add that won't be covered by the Python or Krait? The Krait is a Python with better speed and jump distance, and has internals adjusted accordingly to make it fair that it goes faster and jumps farther. The ship you're describing already exists.

My only concern is those pre-bought modules. I know they can't be transferred to other ships, which is fine with me. However, I hope I can still remove and store them. I may want to change some of the modules (weapons, add a kill warrant scanner, etc.) and would like to store the unused components with the option to put them back in. Surely they will allow this... right? ;)
Here’s your answer, I think.

Rebuy has basically never mattered to PK'ers. Rebuy is what, 5%? It's the bounties, man. Bounties can stack up to multiples of the ships actual value very fast and are not tied to rebuy cost in any way.
Actually, doesn't Notoriety affect bounties based on the rebuy? On my genocidal sprees of NPCs in my Clipper I always seemed to rack up bounties slower than someone in Corvette, for example. Or maybe it just uses the raw ship value before any discounts.

Players will decide, and that is the ultimate test of the strategy, isn't it?

Absolutely! That is not cause to hold my: "Are you absolutely sure you can fly?", until after the empirical result of my friend's gung-ho untethered test manifests on the street below.

What FOMO?

"...things like FOMO..."

An example of common exploitable foibles, which come in many varieties. The literal FOMO comes if a benefactor allows an inital success to encourage sudden regular appearence of digital goods that are somehow: "limited supply", or: "early bird pricing" -- often seen elsewhere, but feel free to count more close at hand things like certain Cobra variety, etc, if you wish.

Customers have become increasingly wary, and publishers keep proving themselves less and less trustworthy with goalpost placement.

The biggest whales are already "taken", and I wonder if Frontier may not be too small, and too late, to get on the bandwagon.

Actually, doesn't Notoriety affect bounties based on the rebuy? On my genocidal sprees of NPCs in my Clipper I always seemed to rack up bounties slower than someone in Corvette, for example. Or maybe it just uses the raw ship value before any discounts.

It's a factor of the aggressors ship value vs the victims ship value, but again, the rebuy of the aggressor still doesn't matter to them in PK situations. Their rebuy doesn't go up in that equation, their bounty does.

At the end of the day, though, this ship is probably not going to cost more than a Krait Mk2 because it won't be able to fit the big power plant. We already see people PK'ing in Kraits without much fear of the financial implications. So I don't see how this new ship is going to change anything in that regard.

Top Bottom