Be honest everyone. Who will most likely purchase the Python MkII..?

Or maybe it just uses the raw ship value before any discounts.
One of the members of my old squadron, back a few years, managed to have the bounty counter overflow and go negative (it was fixed in a patch a little later), so over 4 billion, I think, in a Conda, mostly killing SysSec ships, apparently it ramps up faster with notoriety and ship value, so you may be spot on.

With the SCO drive a whole system can be a racetrack...
Hmm for no sensible reason I have long been hoping the game could one day let you travel without hyperspace jumps between systems...
...that could become problematic, should supercruise get so fast, the skybox can no longer be updated quickly enough in the background, that you do not see the skips from one to the next (EDIT: To clarify: That is something that would need to be added for the feature - not something that exists today - the skybox is AFAIK currently only rendered during initial load and hyperspace jumps, and does not change while in system)... ;9

Last edited:
I find it sad that right now you have one fan base (Escape from Tarkov) screaming blue murder over similar, manipulative, behaviour and yet this community seems to be screaming "Abuse me FDev, step on me please!".
The Tarkov situation is very different from this and conflating the two would be a misrepresentation of the facts of the matter. If it were similar it would be like Frontier offering a $200 package that gave you a A-rated engineered ship for combat, mining & exploration, along with an onfoot commander with full engineered gear, plus a fleet carrier and five billion credits to play with.

Hmm for no sensible reason I have long been hoping the game could one day let you travel without hyperspace jumps between systems...
...that could become problematic, should supercruise get so fast, the skybox can no longer be updated quickly enough in the background, that you do not see the skips from one to the next... ;9
Systems are instances that load in while you are in high wake you cannot supercruise to another system. It won't be there

Systems are instances that load in while you are in high wake you cannot supercruise to another system. It won't be there
I know, which is why I wrote that i hope this could change some time in the future -- somebody less generally confused than I could probably have expressed themselves clearer.

One can always dream... :7

Very valid point... shows how much coffee I've had this morning. I often forget Elite was available for consoles as I haven't used those platforms for over a decade.

Perhaps FDev should more officially encourage console players who want to continue with the latest version of the game to move their account to PC and utilise gaming streaming services such as GeForce Now?
You mean by offering them a free Python Mk II ? :D

Hello,

It's been marketed since they first teased it as competition to the FDL and Mamba.

As far as multiroles go, what kind of medium multirole can they add that won't be covered by the Python or Krait? The Krait is a Python with better speed and jump distance, and has internals adjusted accordingly to make it fair that it goes faster and jumps farther. The ship you're describing already exists.
I just rejoined Elite after a 3 years break and didn't get any rumors while i was out.
The Python is the blue print of a multi role vessel, i never thought a MkII version is a heavy fighter.

The ship i'm describing doesn't exist.
Imho lacks the Krait cargo space to be an alternative to the Python. Shure it is faster and jumps a better. But it is no update of a Python. I hoped a little better Python.
a bit more speed and better jump distance. If it would have a class 4 weapon instead of one of the 3 class 3, that would have been perfekt.

Hello,

I just rejoined Elite after a 3 years break and didn't get any rumors while i was out.
The Python is the blue print of a multi role vessel, i never thought a MkII version is a heavy fighter.

Imho lacks the Krait cargo space to be an alternative to the Python. Shure mit is faster and jumps better. but it is a worse update of a Python. I hoped a little better one.
Sounds like you wanted to take an already arguably best-in-class ship and make it better. While I can see the appeal, I am glad we're seeing trade-offs with the new ships. For me trading cargo capacity for speed and jump in the Krait is judgement call depending on what you're doing, as it should be. Even moreso with the fighter oriented P2 and it's boons to SCO use.

Hello,

Imho lacks the Krait cargo space to be an alternative to the Python. Shure mit is faster and jumps better. but it is a worse update of a Python. I hoped a little better one.

The dev notes about the Mk2 are all new. They haven't been around long at all, some weeks only. The fighter variant is in line with what they've advertised, so I'm not sure what the problem is. They've advertised a combat ship based on the Python, and we are getting a combat ship based on the Python. If you don't like the name, well, ok? But if they called it the Copperhead instead, then this quibble wouldn't really exist. So I don't see the issue.

You can't have a ship that does everything the Python does except it's faster and jumps farther but has no trade offs, that would be OP. A medium multirole that is faster and jumps farther and is comparable to the Python does exist and is called the Krait Mk2.

I will, as a new player i really don't have too much time to play, i have only 170 hours in 2 years of gameplay, that's not much. Also i really don't want to be the best super cmdr in the galaxy, its a game.

Elite has great wasted potential.
Not wasted, unfulfilled. Sure it is past tense vs future tense, but to keep development going into the future to fulfill that potential the decision has been made to offer some prebuilt starter ships for real money, with limitations, along with early access for the latest ship.

I know, which is why I wrote that i hope this could change some time in the future -- somebody less generally confused than I could probably have expressed themselves clearer.

One can always dream... :7
Not to veer too OT but I think it's possible that while supercruising in deep space the game could load the next approaching system and construct the skybox that fades once the inter-system threshold is crossed. I don't believe the skyboxes would be that different from one system to another so I think it could be done without it being noticeable. Permits could also be respected by disengaging the FSD in the same way as getting too close to a star. Definitely something for the future though, earth-likes and gas giants first please.

The Tarkov situation is very different from this and conflating the two would be a misrepresentation of the facts of the matter. If it were similar it would be like Frontier offering a $200 package that gave you a A-rated engineered ship for combat, mining & exploration, along with an onfoot commander with full engineered gear, plus a fleet carrier and five billion credits to play with.
Same thing different magnitude.

Top Bottom