Be honest everyone. Who will most likely purchase the Python MkII..?

It’s a new ship for the first time in 6 years. It could be a Pinewood Derby car with a thruster on the back and people will still want to try it.

With the class 6 PP and PD, I’m kind of thinking of the ship as a supersized Chieftain rather than a stripped Python. It’ll have the same power limitations and building principles as the Chief. 6 hardpoints is a lot of mouths to feed for a class 6 PD, and I build a ton of Chieftains.

My enthusiasm for buying anything from the Arx store right now has for some reason diminished hugely.
Likewise, but as my stash includes purchased Arx, I'm making the best of their devalued buying power.
Power will be rather easily managed, and you can use a Type 10 in EDSY to start figuring out builds since it can fit all of the guns, powerplant, and distro that the P2 will have
I like that idea, I won't ask why I never thought of it, mainly as I know the answer! :eek:

I just saw the shield stats for the P2 on Hawke's youtube channel, and I'm pretty interested in picking it up still. He was running biweaves, (not the engineering setup I would run on it, though) but still managed 1,800-ish MJ of shields. Prismatics on this thing are probably going to break 3k if setup properly.
Question is, how many MJ will it get from a size 4 reinforced biweave with 2 thermal and 3 heady duty boosters ? Because my size 6 will be a specialized SCB. My FdL gets 1554 MJ out of this setup, my Mamba gets 1399 MJ.

I like that idea,

Here's something https://edsy.org/s/vtCil2k that would have wild DPS and incredible uptime on the Distro. The cannons are simply because they roughly speed match the Pacifiers, but MCs with Corrosion + Emissive of course could be used there. If you take the plant up to G5 you could use G1 Long Range medium PAs with the frags and then have TLB as well if you start to scrap with people.

Obviously, shield stats will be higher (and hopefully speed hahahah!)

Last edited:
Question is, how many MJ will it get from a size 4 reinforced biweave with 2 thermal and 3 heady duty boosters ? Because my size 6 will be a specialized SCB. My FdL gets 1554 MJ out of this setup, my Mamba gets 1399 MJ.

I'm guessing (just guessing) it will be under the Mamba, but I think you'd be building the shields on this ship backwards if you go that way. A 6 SCB gives about 2k MJ, and I'm going to guess a Prismatic on this build will break 3k with good resists. You're probably going to have more effective MJ, and less micro management, if you build it for shield tanking instead of shield regeneration.

I'm waiting to see how all the Arx purchasable ships will be retrieved. If I have to travel very far to pick them up, I doubt I'll get any of them. If they'll be available at the nearest station with a shipyard, I'll get them all with my primary commander. I don't care about the pricing, and all the P2W whinging on the forum just makes me laugh.

Likewise, but as my stash includes purchased Arx, I'm making the best of their devalued buying power.
Most of my stash was purchased some time ago, it was probably because the paints etc I wanted felt a bit too pricey* that it is so big.

The ship might still get bought but a lot of the joy has gone out of thinking about that now.

I like that idea, I won't ask why I never thought of it, mainly as I know the answer! :eek:
Best not to.

*yes I know tightwad.

Last edited:
https://s.orbis.zone/nzaz Here's a simulated P2thon build with pacifiers and short range PAs. I have something very similar as a P1thon already, and this just adds an additional incendiary pacifier plus two extra 0A shield boosters. I'm simulating extra modules by doubling power draw, distributor draw, and damage/shield boost respectively, so if some module numbers look strangely high that's why.

If they'll be available at the nearest station with a shipyard, I'll get them all with my primary commander.
Only going by what was said on a stream this week...
Pre-purchase puts your ship in any shipyard (but probably not on one's FC... Hmmm...) ready for you to collect. (I'd love to check that out in Colonia!)
Hopefully this will be confirmed by Tuesday 14:00 ;)

I realized I forgot to actuall link the build https://edsy.org/s/vtCil2k

https://s.orbis.zone/nzaz Here's a simulated P2thon build with pacifiers and short range PAs. I have something very similar as a P1thon already, and this just adds an additional incendiary pacifier plus two extra 0A shield boosters. I'm simulating extra modules by doubling power draw, distributor draw, and damage/shield boost respectively, so if some module numbers look strangely high that's why.
I love looking at builds!

Thanks both (y)

Power will be rather easily managed, and you can use a Type 10 in EDSY to start figuring out builds since it can fit all of the guns, powerplant, and distro that the P2 will have. You will probably have to run an Overcharged plant, but that isn't really news. The distro setup will either be a low draw and low management setup like MCs or Frags, or a high draw high management burst damage setup from PAs/Rails etc. I think this ship will probably forego beam lasers for most people, especially since Incendiary MCs do most of the thermal damage at a fraction of the cost.
FDL has the same power plant and distro. People run it with 1 huge, 4 medium efficient PA-s regularly (30 MW total distro draw)—4 large efficient PA-s are about the same 30 MW distro draw so should be absolutely fine. Or, you could put in 3 large, 2 medium efficient PA-s for 443 MJ alpha damage and about 34 MW distro draw. Leave the class 3 for corrosive MC for armour debuff or some other special effect weapon. Maybe even 6 efficient plasmas could be done, but really pushing the envelope—downsize one large to medium?

As for beam lasers, with 4 pips to WEP you could fire one large and two medium efficient ones indefinitely, so beams would work, too. Combined with three large SRB cannons this could work really well against pirate and CZ 'Condas—even 2 large cannons are capable of one-shotting a 'Conda PP, three would be borderline cheating🙃

Cannons and Pacifiers are about to have their day with this ship. Low draw, high alpha.

I'm also hoping that a couple of cytoscramblers in the mediums will work well with the ship's handling. Downsizing a class 2 hardpoint (or two) to a cyto saves a bunch of power and distributor draw, and that's exactly what you need when working with 6 hardpoints and class 6 PP/PD. You also aren't going to get better anti-shield performance from any other class 2 thermal weapon...as long as you can stay within typical cytoscrambler distance. That will be the rub.

Honestly, the best new feature is the additional centerline dorsal hardpoint. I'll happily take shots at power plants with hardpoints like those.

Only going by what was said on a stream this week...
Pre-purchase puts your ship in any shipyard (but probably not on one's FC... Hmmm...) ready for you to collect. (I'd love to check that out in Colonia!)
Hopefully this will be confirmed by Tuesday 14:00 ;)
I generally don't have time to watch the streams. Thanks for the info!

Based on this, my primary commander will be my crash test dummy for all pre-builds (including the Python MK2). The other two will get whatever makes the cut for my playstyle.

FDL has the same power plant and distro. People run it with 1 huge, 4 medium efficient PA-s regularly (30 MW total distro draw)—4 large efficient PA-s are about the same 30 MW distro draw so should be absolutely fine. Or, you could put in 3 large, 2 medium efficient PA-s for 443 MJ alpha damage and about 34 MW distro draw. Leave the class 3 for corrosive MC for armour debuff or some other special effect weapon. Maybe even 6 efficient plasmas could be done, but really pushing the envelope—downsize one large to medium?

As for beam lasers, with 4 pips to WEP you could fire one large and two medium efficient ones indefinitely, so beams would work, too. Combined with three large SRB cannons this could work really well against pirate and CZ 'Condas—even 2 large cannons are capable of one-shotting a 'Conda PP, three would be borderline cheating🙃

Yeah I think the plasmas are going to be a popular choice tbh. People are very fast on pips, so if they can go 204 to regen, the burst will be acceptable to a lot of people assuming they land the volley. (Cannons do sound fun on this ship and are something I need to look at more tbh, but efficient beams are imo not worth engineering due to damage falloff, YMMV)

I suspect 6 PAs with firegroup cycling is going to become very popular for people who can do it and use the heat to repeatedly proc Thermal Conduit.

I will buy one early for two reasons. 1) to support the company financially as i am a devoted player and I want to see the game continue. 2) I like to experiment with the builds and i'd like the opportunity to play with it over the summer.
What I don't like is the no rebuy for purchased ship pakages. It's one thing to "skip" the grind buy buying the pre made ship it's another to get destroyed and have no rebuy. The only reason to do this in my mind is to encourage PvP since the biggest worry for non PvP ers is rebuying the ship. If they stick to this policy, I would buy a combat prebuild and fly in open and not try to evade interdiction because if I lose there is no credit loss. So I think this is the real reason for no rebuy. This encourages playing in open. Which I enjoy since that is how I met most of my friends in this game (some enemies as well lol) but if some players will have no rebuy then all players should have no rebuy. Either way I will still play in open and enjoy whatever happens. It's my favorite game warts and all. So rambling now over fly safe commanders 07

Top Bottom