Be honest everyone. Who will most likely purchase the Python MkII..?

I will buy one early for two reasons. 1) to support the company financially as i am a devoted player and I want to see the game continue. 2) I like to experiment with the builds and i'd like the opportunity to play with it over the summer.
What I don't like is the no rebuy for purchased ship pakages. It's one thing to "skip" the grind buy buying the pre made ship it's another to get destroyed and have no rebuy. The only reason to do this in my mind is to encourage PvP since the biggest worry for non PvP ers is rebuying the ship. If they stick to this policy, I would buy a combat prebuild and fly in open and not try to evade interdiction because if I lose there is no credit loss. So I think this is the real reason for no rebuy. This encourages playing in open. Which I enjoy since that is how I met most of my friends in this game (some enemies as well lol) but if some players will have no rebuy then all players should have no rebuy. Either way I will still play in open and enjoy whatever happens. It's my favorite game warts and all. So rambling now over fly safe commanders 07
My understanding of the situation is that the only way to maintain precisely zero rebuy is to use only the modules provided with the purchase. Hope you like multicannons and pulse lasers.

Any modules that you replace for any reason will then add the rebuy cost of those new modules. That creates more of a "reduced rebuy" situation.

Falloff is a concern, yes. But efficient beams work well enough with nimble ships that can control distance—I've used them to great effect on my Chief. The ability to lay down constant unintterupted fire is quite fun, and they're good at triggering PP explosions.

Well I'm not saying people can't use them, but 600m falloff start vs no falloff (or other shield stripping options) isn't a trade I'm interested in is all, even on a 6A distro.

since the biggest worry for non PvP ers is rebuying the ship
Not always, maybe to those that are new that are trying to follow a different path in this game. loss of cargo ore even worse Bio or astrometric data can really hurt.

If we get too many inexperienced wanabe PVP'ers that can't make the grade and start using non PVP'ers as target practice the game could take a wrong turn.

If we get too many inexperienced wanabe PVP'ers that can't make the grade and start using non PVP'ers as target practice the game could take a wrong turn.

Not sure how selling the ship is going to cause that anymore than it already happens, though. The sold ship isn't going to be a good PvP ship and one would need to start Engineering it to be a threat to anyone who is used to playing in Open and has Engineering themselves. People in Open should be engineering their ships anyways. People can get into a Krait Mk2 in a week or two by following basic guides, or within a few days by following good guides.

Money is next to nothing right now, so anyone who actually wants to PvP is held back by Engineering, not ship access. The prebuilt has bad guns for PvP, so that Engineering hurdle will still exist.

Rebalancing could and is likely to take place with these new variant ships.
...After the 'new' second attempt of engineering was released. Modules were generally more powerful, corvettes could pop eagles in 1.5 seconds. Later there was most defiantly a stealth rebalance to address this.

Flimley

Nerfing, you mean?
Possibly, but not necessarily.
The corvette is one example. The Mamba was another. The T-9 had a buff, once🎉. Even the original Python was heavily 'rebalanced'. ...That didn't go down too well. and probably a number have been incrementally tweaked over time. I don't really pay much attention, only notice the obvious when it occurrs.
Part and parcel of an mmo. I'm due a buff this year.

Flimley

Last edited:
The corvette is one example. The Mamba was another. The T-9 had a buff, once🎉. Even the original Python was heavily 'rebalanced'. ...T
I missed the Corvette changes, remember the Mamba roasted its pilot doing anything silly while planetside, dunno if anything else was changed...
Didn't know about the t-9 buff! But before my time, I guess.
Remember reading about the Python being grossly overpowered, shame I missed that one too :ROFLMAO:

Thanks!

Possibly, but not necessarily.
The corvette is one example. The Mamba was another. The T-9 had a buff, once🎉. Even the original Python was heavily 'rebalanced'. ...That didn't go down too well. and probably a number have been incrementally tweaked over time. I don't really pay much attention, only notice the obvious when it occurrs.
Part and parcel of an mmo. I'm due a buff this year.

Flimley
I’m more concerned about the Hooray! nerf. Haven’t seen one in ages.

I have bought ARX every month for I don't know how long (You know, when people wanted to support FDev and thats about the only way we could and people didn't really mind). May as well throw them at a new ship

TBH I remember a time when FD actually reduced paintjob prices and sold them separately. Before that, you had to buy them in packs of ~6 EUR each, even if you only wanted Military Sand (which is rare now!).

C9AF27CDDFC4C4E04FD81335211C68584D49766B

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
My understanding of the situation is that the only way to maintain precisely zero rebuy is to use only the modules provided with the purchase. Hope you like multicannons and pulse lasers.

Any modules that you replace for any reason will then add the rebuy cost of those new modules. That creates more of a "reduced rebuy" situation.
oh ok that is good to know. I had not heard about that caveat

Before that, you had to buy them in packs of ~6 EUR each, even if you only wanted Military Sand (which is rare now!).
I remember those days - although mine was for Tactical Graphite - having to buy the pack, it was only recently while sticking a PJ on a ship (A Krait II, I think) that I wondered why I had tactical ice etc... then it came back to me!

Just intrigued to know how many cmdrs are planning to buy this early access ship from the Arx store on the 7th May?

I myself may well, just for the sake of something being new. However, will probably hold out a little while to learn the usefulness of this new ship.
...Would be honestly disappointing if the interior is identical to the old version. Hoping this will see a face lift. And would make the purchase all the more worth while.

Flimley

If it has boat interiors I would buy it today, if not, I'm not the least bit interested.

I missed the Corvette changes, remember the Mamba roasted its pilot doing anything silly while planetside, dunno if anything else was changed...
Didn't know about the t-9 buff! But before my time, I guess.
Remember reading about the Python being grossly overpowered, shame I missed that one too :ROFLMAO:

Thanks!
Before the buff the T9 had a max capacity of about 530 cargo shorter jump range, I think lower power and manoeuvring and low jump range. Forget going toe to toe with a Cutter it struggled to be a competitor with the Conda. The buff was a huge improvement, now I am trying to remember if it was part of the SLF inclusion or a standalone thing before that happened.

I had just got a T9 when one of those build a station beyond the California nebula CGs happened I had very little engineering unlocked and had to use another ship because I couldn’t find a jump route.

Top Bottom