Be honest everyone. Who will most likely purchase the Python MkII..?

I got the pre-made option, at least for the included paint job and skip kit. I'm keeping the pre-made stock, and putting in a barn. Someday my kid will find it and get rich. I will use the stock paint job on my flyer, until the Mid-Night black, and some metallic paint jobs show up.

Once I got it sorted I went with 3 Pulse, and 3 Cannon. I got me some Pew-Pew and some Boom-Boom. With all the Utility slots I decided to try an 6A shield, but it felt weird and took too long to re-charge, the Bi-Weave that replaced it seems better right now. Time will tell.

Over all I like the ship. It's not as nimble as the aChief I had been flying, but it is agile and it packs a serious wallop. The SCO is just plain crazy, I get good jump range and have been experimenting with inter-system travel. Fuel consumption is ridiculous. Good fun all around.

I wonder if someone with more Python experience than myself, can comment on the handling differences between the Mk1 and Mk2.

Last edited:
I think the default black paintjob is the most badass. It's a combat ship, not a clown car.
Right?

"So we have a new ship for Elite Dangerous, it's this blackbird darkstar stealthy looking combat ship, looks mean as, will get your enemies running in fear just by looking at it! It looks like something the Americans would quickly send into a warzone at high speed, glass a few areas into parking lots, take out a squadron of enemy fighters and get out again without breaking a sweat!"

"Brilliant! Sounds great! Give it some lime green and neon orange paint jobs so others can see it coming!"

Bought it. Named it HTTP Error 402.

"Payment Required"

Fantastic idea! Now thinking about naming one of mine HTTP Error 418, why haven't I thought of that before! 🤔

O7,
🙃

Fantastic idea! Now thinking about naming one of mine HTTP Error 418, why haven't I thought of that before! 🤔

O7,
🙃
Name it Russel's Teapot, registration nr. HTTP 418.

It's got levels of meaning...

I should have known that they would cripple the new python after adding all the good stuff. Is this the 'multi-player balance' nonsense again?

Why can't I get the old Python with all the enhancements and none of the castration? (rant over....) :)

I should have known that they would cripple the new python after adding all the good stuff. Is this the 'multi-player balance' nonsense again?

Why can't I get the old Python with all the enhancements and none of the castration? (rant over....) :)

What? It's a new ship variant, taking the Python base DNA and further developing that into a combat ship (and probably the new meta, it's just so good!). The result has nothing in common with the Python 1 (which still excels as a multirole ship and tbh may be the true 'Cobra' ED was built around). Python 2 competes with the FdL and Chieftain, not the Python 1 (which fills a completely different role).

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
I bought mine! Called her "Poke It With A Stick" Waiting on a wider selection of skins to be released as I'm not keen on the offering at the moment.
She handles really well both in SC and normal flight. Loadout is currently: A rated modules and G5 engineered with 4x MC's and 2x Burst lasers (its what I had lying around and a nice and simple loadout tbh)
Currently waiting on EDSY to update so I can really play around with loadouts-so as not too waste precious mats! Think on a stream I watch they was running 4 PA's (efficient iirc) and rails. That might be a fun shout.
Mostly been using her to run missions for BGS (data) and hoping I get interdicted so I can slap the NPC's about:)

Too curvy for a Faulcon DeLacy. I honestly think the devs put too much effort into it:rolleyes: I like my MK's to be more subtle and conservative - this looks like a whole new model from a different manufacturer. Ja, ja, I am not an easy pilot to please:) - so not popping ARX on this. Still I can not contain my excitement for new ships, finally, NEW SHIPS!!!:love:

I will wait until it's generally available. even then it's a definite maybe. Tried to talk myself into it but simply have no use for this ship currently. ...Thinking about it, I haven't even flown all of the existing ships currently in game. Pretty sure I've never touched the mamba or been inside the imperial colander.

Flimley

I think the default black paintjob is the most badass. It's a combat ship, not a clown car.
The first thing I did with both of mine was remove the red paint job. I prefer blacks, grays, whites, and blues. The rest of the spectrum doesn't interest me.

I'll do the same with my third, if I decide to get one on my second commander.

What? It's a new ship variant, taking the Python base DNA and further developing that into a combat ship (and probably the new meta, it's just so good!). The result has nothing in common with the Python 1 (which still excels as a multirole ship and tbh may be the true 'Cobra' ED was built around). Python 2 competes with the FdL and Chieftain, not the Python 1 (which fills a completely different role).

O7,
🙃
Interior looks like the same old Python to me.

And a smaller PP, PD, and fewer compartments of lower class. Right. (y)
If you don't like, you don't have to use it.

I'm using mine for ship to ship assassination missions and quick travel to ground mission sites. I was able to take down a Corvette and two FDLs (three separate mission targets all decided to attack at once) and not drop below 60% shields.

It's clearly meant to compete with the Mamba and FDL, not the old Python.

If you don't like, you don't have to use it.

I'm using mine for ship to ship assassination missions and quick travel to ground mission sites. I was able to take down a Corvette and two FDLs (three separate mission targets all decided to attack at once) and not drop below 60% shields.

It's clearly meant to compete with the Mamba and FDL, not the old Python.

It's a combat ship on par with FdL, Chief, Mamba and such. Nobody would compare a Mamba to a Python and then complain the former lacks compartments. The name might be misleading, but that's about all. Complaining about the Python 2 not being like the Python 1 anymore is ...sorry...nonsense IMHO. Block me if you will.

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Top Bottom