Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 5

I'm loving everything I see in these patch notes.

It's missing one thing though - ship transfer prices being made affordable rather than prohibitive....

I'm not entirely sure what the "overflow" thing is about, it's possible that fixes things I guess?

edit: Nevermind, it's still way too high. 9 million credits to transfer a Python or Anaconda 130-ish lightyears? 3-6 jumps for 9 million?

Come on, really?

Last edited:
9 million credits to transfer a Python or Anaconda 130-ish lightyears? 3-6 jumps for 9 million?

Come on, really?

Have you seen the huge freighters needed to transfer ships to other systems? No, neither have I, but I can't wait for FD to implement them at some point. :)

not seeing Star Type...am I blind or just don't know where to look

To me Star Type should have always been the first thing shown, it seemed bizarre that it wasn't, after all, point at the star, analyze the incoming star light and there's your star type. Having the system security level display for a system 20kly out of the bubble is also bizarre, that should really only show for previously explored systems, basically everything in the bubble. And now the "press J to abort jump" warning will only show for anarchy systems, which is essentially every uninhabited system outside the bubble, so explorers will always see it, but people will only see it in the bubble when they are traveling to anarchy systems? Not much of this makes sense really.

Scratch all that, I was wrong, it doesn't come up when out in the black, but I am also not seeing star type in the HUD either.

Last edited:

Panticus

Banned
JUST ONE QUESTION - 0m0s?

When I get round to playing this silly game again, will I still face this stupid glitch that has been there for months?

Thanks

It's missing one thing though - ship transfer prices being made affordable rather than prohibitive....
edit: Nevermind, it's still way too high. 9 million credits to transfer a Python or Anaconda 130-ish lightyears? 3-6 jumps for 9 million?

Come on, really?

The majority was moaning about immersion and again immersion - and now we get the delay which for me totally sucks!

Now everybody wants a cheaper transfer price, but hey - let's play here the immersion card too. How long does it take to transfer the Python/Anaconda from A to B with the delay? Probably around 30 minutes or so. So during this time those pore NPC commanders who deliver those ships could make millions instead by trading or bounty hunting. So their loss time and add 30% extra charge a service which guarantee your ship don't get lost or shot down in the galaxy.

Or put it around - how much should a player pay you to do this job as a ship transfer service?
So yes, I think the prices sucks (like the delay), but immersion wise those are correct prices!

To me Star Type should have always been the first thing shown, it seemed bizarre that it wasn't, after all, point at the star, analyze the incoming star light and there's your star type. Having the system security level display for a system 20kly out of the bubble is also bizarre, that should really only show for previously explored systems, basically everything in the bubble. And now the "press J to abort jump" warning will only show for anarchy systems, which is essentially every uninhabited system outside the bubble, so explorers will always see it, but people will only see it in the bubble when they are traveling to anarchy systems? Not much of this makes sense really.

Scratch all that, I was wrong, it doesn't come up when out in the black, but I am also not seeing star type in the HUD either.

It is supposed to show on every jump, but there was an error in coding causing it to only show up when there is a system state such as Boom, Famine, etc.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...2-2-Update-5?p=4600124&viewfull=1#post4600124

Nice question, well framed and not at all designed to be irritating. Should get a promt and complete answer from a dev in no time at all.

How's this ...

When a mission giver offers a bonus for completing a mission earlier than originally specified it would seem reasonable that the new deadline was not in zero minutes and zero seconds time since the pilot would have zero chance of successfully completing the mission within that time. However, within the current world of Elite Dangerous we frequently see mission updates offering a bonus for completion in 0m0s. This has been going on for months. Since this makes little practical sense it tends to suggest that this is nothing more than a stupid glitch. Wherein lies the truth of the matter?

:p

Hmm, I'm getting an error "Failed to read from response server" when trying to download the newest beta. I got this error before, but selecting Alternate Download Location seemed to fixed it. Now, whether it's checked or unchecked, it still says "failed to read from response server". Anyone have any ideas?

So despite a few attempts to fix this, I'm still having this issue. Does anyone know where the beta install location is? I found the regular install location but I can't find the beta to see if there's any partial files in there...

So despite a few attempts to fix this, I'm still having this issue. Does anyone know where the beta install location is? I found the regular install location but I can't find the beta to see if there's any partial files in there...

It should be next to the regular game in:
EDLaunch\Products\PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64

While I'm excited to see that the reverberating cascade nerf was slightly scaled back, I still think it's a bit extreme especially when considering MINES. Did you folks at FDev actually believe that reverb cascade mines were too strong, or did you just not consider them separately when you adjusted the reverb cascade effect. Even with the change, they're still taking a substantial 30% hit on their efficacy against shield generators (35 is 70% of 50). It already took quite a few successful mine hits to drop someone's ships generator, and with this nerf, that number is going to start to get impracticaly high.

Would you guys please consider either raising mine damage (to compensate for the lower shield generator coefficient), or balancing the mine version of reverb cascade separately? Successfully deploying mines against a target is tricky enough (3D space, and all) as it is- successfully hitting the target should be greatly rewarded.

Seconded for sure. Especially the raising of mine damage, currently their engineer special effects are there only redeeming feature.

Okay, a few more strange things in this release. It looks like the changes that comprise Beta 5 were merged with Beta 3 instead of the Beta 4 code base. We seem to have gone backwards in some areas, most notably on the passenger liner side of things. I have noticed that:

- Luxury cabins, which were increased to 6 berths have now reverted back to 4 berths; meaning that some missions that should be obtainable are now unobtainable
- Autodock is a bit of a farce, with the Beluga Liner often accelerating into the side of the space station... with a boost to boot. Quite funny the first time but irritating after the fourth and fifth time
- Tourist missions don't pay out if you receive an update message that hostile ships have been sent against you and you don't encounter them via interdiction! This is really annoying... especially when you receive the message on the destination landing pad!!

So, those are my major qualms and they certainly need to be sorted out for the next beta and definitely the commercial release.

The majority was moaning about immersion and again immersion - and now we get the delay which for me totally sucks!

Now everybody wants a cheaper transfer price, but hey - let's play here the immersion card too. How long does it take to transfer the Python/Anaconda from A to B with the delay? Probably around 30 minutes or so. So during this time those pore NPC commanders who deliver those ships could make millions instead by trading or bounty hunting. So their loss time and add 30% extra charge a service which guarantee your ship don't get lost or shot down in the galaxy.

Or put it around - how much should a player pay you to do this job as a ship transfer service?
So yes, I think the prices sucks (like the delay), but immersion wise those are correct prices!

This is so frustrating for me. I was excited for this feature when first announced since while I very much enjoy this game, my playing time is very limited due to life, the universe, and everything. This would have been helped me make the most of my playing time by allowing me to trade for a while, then switch over to my combat ship for a while, etc, without losing so much precious playing time in transit. The costs of this mechanic in terms of time and CR completely eliminate its practical value.

While I get the immersion argument, it falls flat for me because a.) it can be self enforced if desired and b.) makes little sense considering the death mechanic is a relatively small fee and instant teleportation across potentially hundreds of light years with no cool down timer. No one seems to want to delete their account and start over when their ship explodes yet I have to pretend a NPC is driving my space bus across actual space. /rant

Top Bottom