CM Arf: Elite/Horizons (PEGI 7?) CMDRs won't instance with Odyssey (higher PEGI rating) CMDRs on non-atmos planets because of rating restrictions

never noticed elite/horizons was 7+... Come on, i want to see a seven years old playing elite... :p
YAGpXPd.png

Makes me wonder... can a publisher ask PEGI for a higher rating on a (base) game in anticipation of avoiding this trap with a future planned DLC?

Like, could Frontier have asked for a 16 rating back in 2014, even though the game could have achieved a 7 rating, to give them leeway with updates?

Or would they have been forced to just hide some knockers somewhere to artificially push up the certification?

Makes me wonder... can a publisher ask PEGI for a higher rating on a (base) game in anticipation of avoiding this trap with a future planned DLC?

Or would they be forced to just hide some knockers somewhere to artificially push up the certification?
Or an option to unlock content on an higher PEGI

if we're setting the graphic violence up in a DLC and changing the base game to be safe for kiddies, Then i want mortal kombat style death graphics in the DLC.

I want to see heads explode in a shower of blood with headshots with my rail gun ... i want to see blood splats on ship hulls when i nose dive / land on players. If i gut shot an npc ...i want them to fall to their knees and have their blood just spray out (due to low pressure)

additional fatalities: burning players alive with thrusters. Running them over with an srv, dismembered arms and legs getting stuck on ship / srv hulls and strewn about. A knife mode for stealth attacks so you can stab other players in the neck to avoid triggering security
Finish him!

I think they could not.
Here's a quick test I did just now, same planet (landable in Horizons) from same spot, first pic is Horizons and second pic is base game:
Huh, interesting. I guess we'll see when the time comes. Shame that this question didn't get asked in the last Q&A.

I think they could not.
Here's a quick test I did just now, same planet (landable in Horizons) from same spot, first pic is Horizons and second pic is base game:
View attachment 209950
View attachment 209951

This isn't my understanding of it. Even non-Horizons players could see the changes to Horizons landable planets without owning it, they were just barred from approaching. I don't see why they would gate the new planet generation tech and effectively have two separate visual systems.

Yeah, base game players definitely could not see the Horizons planetary improvements. This was for technical and legacy compatibility reasons. Horizons planets require 64-bit processing to generate, whereas base game still supported 32-bit machines and used textured spheres for all planets.

However, they have said the planetary changes (at least those to Horizons planets) coming in Odyssey will be visible to Horizons-client users. So far, it's just instancing on the surface with Odyssey users, and access to atmospheric planets and legs, that are gated.

Isn't it odd that the american esrb wasn't so bamboozled and gave it a more correct teen rating? Wouldn't the pegi rating be technically incorrect?

10 yr old girl: "Daddy, what's a slave?"
Daddy: "A box that goes in your cargo hold dear."

Also i doubt children that young would know enough words to configure the controls. Though if your kid was up to it, sure elite would be an above average enrichment toy.

Troll: I think frontier better overreact and remove all the slave, drug and alcohol references from the base game. Including all the npc descriptions. And it needs to put a filter on cmdr names and ship names too. And planet names etc. 7+ of course!

No Man's Sky is PGI 7+ as well, for "non-realistic violence towards fantasy characters".

And hilariously silly dino/mushroom/teddy bear hybrids.

A space simulator with 400 Billion stars to explore, can take 2 hours to set the key bindings and has become even more grindy today considering all the nerfs.

And it's PEGI 7+

My opinion is that a seven-year-old should play much simpler games where it's less time consuming and concentrate more on school.

So I vote for PEGI 15+ :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom