Could Frontier please demonstrate how to use the FSS enjoyably?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I've personally now experienced that the ADS and FSS compliment each other wonderfully.

Over many hundred pages, anyone arguing against appeal for compromise is arguing their own personal prior prejudice against some aspect of the ads. Id suggest they are not actually speaking from post 3.3 exploration, but from inside their own heads. Sticking to the real game that we're playing now i think is strong.

Indeed. There are voices on either side, the obvious solution is to put the old modules back into the game & then everyone is happy. It is a rare situation where the middle ground does not fall between two stools.

Looking forward to having them put back in so players can use one, the other or both as they see fit in virgin systems just as I am able to in the bubble.

The BDS, with it's 500 light second range, should be incorporated into the FSS's functionality. It's only fair for objects at that range to be populated, if not detail scanned.

This old dog revived the alt account this weekend, and went back to the main account's old playground of Synufe ( sic) sector. I bought a new DBX explorer, and used it to go over the days when I only had a BDS or IDS.

The area has been strip mined. I did pick up the odd undiscovered object.

The FSS has changed things. The sense of wonder in my old logs is gone. That new ship allows 50+ light year jumps. The FSS encourages the complete tagging of entire systems. In less than a week, I had covered the most enjoyable, early part of my exploration. Went to the Witch Head ports, just to capture them as well. Too many non-human signals to make it very enjoyable. And, very little untrodden ground.

Going back to the main account to just make money was a relief. :(

Id recommend if required clearing a save, and starting fresh without enginners. Clearing the same removes all possibility of changing your mind without real overhead cost.

I'm loving every minute of classic elite. Being good to go after A rating your ship is somehow extremely satisfying, and you don't have to deal with the association of being overpowered for noobs because you're not.

Enjoying every moment of play in those conditions.

I complain about mining actually. Anyone at all can gain elite trading in a few days. That's super broken I don't even care about the money. They need to nerf how it effects rank. But I'm not out publicly bashing it on their forums about it.

But you don't have the same issue with exploration? It doesn't matter to me how quickly players can progress, it is optional content. The FSS could have been too, and still could be if the old stuff is put back.

I've personally now experienced that the ADS and FSS compliment each other wonderfully.

Over many hundred pages, anyone arguing against appeal for compromise is arguing their own personal prior prejudice against some aspect of the ads. Id suggest they are not actually speaking from post 3.3 exploration, but from inside their own heads. Sticking to the real game that we're playing now i think is strong.
I don't think anyone is arguing against compromise. Most are arguing about the ridiculous comments about the FSS, most of which are just dumb.

But Fdev have already spoken and it looks like none is coming your way.

I don't think anyone is arguing against compromise. Most are arguing about the ridiculous comments about the FSS, most of which are just dumb.

But Fdev have already spoken and it looks like none is coming your way.

Opinions vary on whose opinions are dumb & whose are super likeable. The simple solution is to do as they did with mining & just leave the old stuff in & not get worked up about how other people play.

But you don't have the same issue with exploration? It doesn't matter to me how quickly players can progress, it is optional content. The FSS could have been too, and still could be if the old stuff is put back.
Tbh I mostly just do missions for my squadrons systems. Lots of massacre missions and ax stuff. I much prefer that I don't have to fly through the whole system to scan it. Makes it a lot quicker when I have a really far destination through space that is new to me. Also it's kinda like using a radio telescope but not complicated to someone who isn't experienced in that type of thing. So in a way more immersive to me.

The only comments about the fuss I find hard to fathom are when people exclaim it changes the game, enables discovery, liberation from something completely not possible in the past, but then go out of their way to avoid using it.

If I could get by without touching the fuss, I'm sure id be full of praise for it too.

EDIT: But that is just pointing out logic. Of course complete respect for working out a way to enjoy something of that caliber. Lesser folk are still challenged by it.

Last edited:
The only comments about the fuss I find hard to fathom are when people exclaim it changes the game, enables discovery, liberation from something completely not possible in the past, but then go out of their way to avoid using it.

If I could get by without touching the fuss, I'm sure id be full of praise for it too.

EDIT: But that is just pointing out logic. Of course complete respect for working out a way to enjoy something of that caliber. Lesser folk are still challenged by it.
Nope. That is your subjective opinion. Nothing to do with logic.

They handled mining in a superior fashion. They added options for gameplay. It's not completely about the money. Money was out of control long before core mining.

They handled mining in a superior fashion. They added options for gameplay. It's not completely about the money. Money was out of control long before core mining.
Not in my view. While the basic mechanics that were added are pretty good, the rest of it is a bit rubbish.

As to whether they did mining in a superior way is purely subjective. I would have been fine if the old style of mining went the same way as the ADS.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom