Elite Dangerous Odyssey: Update 8.01 Notes

Elite Dangerous Odyssey UP 8.02 - Falling FPS, lags, friezes, invisible stone in the room.
The location of the village is shown in the video. The video is divided into time segments. The game has a fixed FPS at 120, all graphics settings - Ultra +, resolution 2560x1440. Switching to a resolution of 1920 × 1080 and lowering the quality of graphics do not affect the critical drop in FPS. This village has problems with FPS drops and incorrect placement of an invisible stone in the room after update. These bugs were not fixed in previous updates 5; 6; 7.01; 8; 8.01 and was not fixed in the 8.02 update.

Has there been a new update? I played yesterday, but tonight I get "Upgrade" on the launcher instead of the usual "Play". Can't see any announcement about a client-side download/reboot being necessary.

Aaaand now my Restore missions are broken again.
Last night i did some more Restore missions

Today i picked 3 Restore missions, all 3 in the same System.
First one was ok. Next two - broken. No mission objectives window in the upper right corner. No mission progress when engaging the Power Regulator and powering up the station.

To add insult to the injury, my ship got destroyed on the ground during my second mission, but i shrugged it off and took an aped to the third mission.
After that mission failed to progress i again took an apex, but mid run i decided to do a game restart (hoping that will help with the mission progress)
And now guess what:

View attachment 272228
All my restore/reactivate missions are failing as well. I do not receive any more mission updates after landing; after the message saying I’ve arrived at the settlement, that’s it.

Anyone else getting a huge lag spike after landing at a settlement, usually followed by a Mauve Adder? I can play all day in-ship, but on-foot near a settlement, I'm lucky to get three minutes. Happened after 8.01, but maybe not related? I've tried multiple connections from 1Gb fiber (wired), 40Mb hotspot (wireless), to 20Mb DSL (wired). Firewall, Virus Protection, Content Filter in both on and off settings.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
@sallymorganmoore

Hope you're seeing this at a reasonable hour on Monday!

Restricted zones are triggering outside their designated areas. This can make NPC's hostile, and ruin stealthy missions. It looks like there is already a post on the issue tracker, and here's a video as well.
Morniiiing! Yesss I covered this in both known issues lists in last weeks update posts. I will absolutely take all of the further evidence you posted here though (grateful as ever!!) but I was totes on this since about Thursday last week. Will keep you updated when I can o7

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
All my restore/reactivate missions are failing as well. I do not receive any more mission updates after landing; after the message saying I’ve arrived at the settlement, that’s it.
Morning! Yesss it's ALL of my muscle today to see what's going on with Missions. I started the ball rolling with teams at the end of last week and we've been smashing through repos how we can and taking all of these reports (thank you!!), so I'll update as soon as poss.

@sallymorganmoore please fix it.
Elite Dangerous Odyssey UP8 - FPS drop in the settlement lags, friezes, restricted area error.
The video is divided into time segments. The location of the settlement is shown in the video. The fall in FPS does not depend on the time of day on the planet in the game. In the game, the FPS is fixed at 120, all graphics settings are Ultra, the resolution is 2560x1440.

Elite Dangerous Odyssey UP 8.02 - Falling FPS, lags, friezes, invisible stone in the room.
The location of the village is shown in the video. The video is divided into time segments. The game has a fixed FPS at 120, all graphics settings - Ultra +, resolution 2560x1440. Switching to a resolution of 1920 × 1080 and lowering the quality of graphics do not affect the critical drop in FPS. This village has problems with FPS drops and incorrect placement of an invisible stone in the room after update. These bugs were not fixed in previous updates 5; 6; 7.01; 8; 8.01 and was not fixed in the 8.02 update.

Elite Dangerous Odyssey UP 8.02 - fall of FPS, lags, friezes on the surface of the planet.
IMHO one of the problems with the fall of FPS is the incorrect processing of stones, and there may also be a problem in 3D models of stones.

Morning! Yesss it's ALL of my muscle today to see what's going on with Missions. I started the ball rolling with teams at the end of last week and we've been smashing through repos how we can and taking all of these reports (thank you!!), so I'll update as soon as poss.
Just an additional FYI in case. It's not just restore missions, I had two "get a thing from empty settlement" that didn't update either (Hicks something and Muller something else in the Moranna system) both showed the "mission status updated" when approaching in ship, but neither showed objectives in the on foot hub and the mission target item wasn't visible in e-breached terminals.

At Hicks i had a scavenger warning, but no scavs showed up.

Tried the jet back into supercruise and come back down, but it didn't fix anything.

All this was yesterday, roughly 12:00 pm-13:30 eastern time.

EDIT: additional note in case it helps, "Fetch [thing] from [person]" in an active settlement was updating fine, as was the covert espionage mission i failed ( :) ).

Last edited:
Has anyone encountered problems with Steam launcher this morning?
My Steam is in infinite loop when installing update: downloading, instaling, then 0%, and dowloading and instaling over and over.
ED launcher gives me a black screen after choosing to play Odyssey.

EDIT
Solved! I have sync the files again and it worked.

Last edited:
@sallymorganmoore Good morning, week and month!

There is a bug with Fleet Carrier Inventory: The quantities of the Buy Orders for materials are added to the total Carrier inventory twice.
For example: Suppose the carrier has a total occupied inventory of 24800 tonnes.
It also has a buy order of 200 tonnes Silver (which was normally included in the 24800 tonnes upon the creation of the buy order).
So it has 200 free space for storage.
If my T-9 has 250 tonnes of silver and I want to transfer it to my FC, the moment I click on the right arrow to transfer even 1 tonne from the ship to the carrier, the total inventory will become 24800 + 200 +1 = 25001 and it won't let me transfer.
We can bypass the problem if we go to carrier management, delete the buy order (wherever it's created, i.e. commodities or secure warehouse) and retry. Then the transfer will succeed.

I've not created a ticket for this :), but it's easily verifiable.

Hi, just throwing in a random one before i send to the issue tracker
I seem to be having buttons on t-flight hotas pressing themselves randomly, one such instance was flying in supercruise then trigger one would activate and open teh surface scanner, another i'd selected the right hand inship gui, started to look at something and the back button(trigger2) activated centering the gui to the front , the stick is relatively new and wasn't doing this before 8.01
using windows devices , hotas settings seem to be fine and not indicating clicks .
jonny v

Hi, just throwing in a random one before i send to the issue tracker
I seem to be having buttons on t-flight hotas pressing themselves randomly, one such instance was flying in supercruise then trigger one would activate and open teh surface scanner, another i'd selected the right hand inship gui, started to look at something and the back button(trigger2) activated centering the gui to the front , the stick is relatively new and wasn't doing this before 8.01
using windows devices , hotas settings seem to be fine and not indicating clicks .
jonny v

I use the same stick and have not had these issues. The one issue I have with the T-Flight is that occasionally the primary fire button and the Joy POV-1-Down buttons will transpose themselves. Unplugging and reconnecting solves this.

I suggest using the Windows Game Controller settings app and going to the properties of your T-Flight Hotas, if buttons randomly light up in there then it's not an issue with Elite.

I use the same stick and have not had these issues. The one issue I have with the T-Flight is that occasionally the primary fire button and the Joy POV-1-Down buttons will transpose themselves. Unplugging and reconnecting solves this.

I suggest using the Windows Game Controller settings app and going to the properties of your T-Flight Hotas, if buttons randomly light up in there then it's not an issue with Elite.
"
jonny v"

"
jonny v"

I'd report it then. I have had mouse issues since 8.01, when on foot I'll suddenly be looking directly up or directly down when running along. It's quite disconcerting. I don't know if the two things are related, I suppose it's possible.

I'd report it then. I have had mouse issues since 8.01, when on foot I'll suddenly be looking directly up or directly down when running along. It's quite disconcerting. I don't know if the two things are related, I suppose it's possible.
Cheers

@sallymorganmoore I've found an interesting symptom of the progressive slowdowns. Under normal conditions (game running fairly well (for certain values of "well")), my PCIe bandwidth utilization is less than 10%. When things go bad, utilization is 35-50%. Also, Used Dedicated Memory is at 8102MB of 8119 total dedicated (8192 total memory).
[edit] Turns out it can be "ok" at 50%, so possibly not reliable info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom