[ALLIANCE] Elite Diplomatic Corps - Open for business

I'm sorry. Where did it say that I'm open to being insulted by you or anybody else?
If you can't conduct yourself properly please be silent.

o7

I was mostly referring to the ones that posted before you but if you really want to go there...

During your chat with Mangal you didn't voice even one of the concerns showed here nor asked who we are, what we do or anything meaningful.
You had the chance to ask everything you wanted but instead you chose to join a forum raid 15 minutes later and judged our actions without knowing anything and showed an impressive lack of awareness that could have been fixed with a simple google search or a couple of questions when you had the chance to do so.
Is that against the forum rules? Probably not. Is it against common sense? Yes.
Considering we have BGS and RolePlay subforums this is not the right place for these discussions.

Oh nice, a concrete lie.

"If the supporting player or player group is not known, conduct an out-of-game internet search for any sign of player support. Should this succeed, get in touch"

Why exactly didnt AEDC give code a poke? Why break your own principles?

The Code's influence graph showed no one worked on that faction for over 6 MONTHS, they weren't in control of the system and not even remotely close to get it.
It's impressive how you're ignoring how quickly things were negotiated when we found out they were active.
It didn't even took a full day to reach an agreement but i guess telling everyone this "little" detail doesn't suit the whole "AEDC is oppressing everyone" storyline.

“The highest form of generalship is to balk the enemy's plans; the next best is to prevent the junction of the enemy's forces; the next in order is to attack the enemy's army in the field; and the worst policy of all is to besiege walled cities”

Time to go back to the book..?

Purely because this discussion is here I'll reply here.
I am truly sorry you took it that way. We prefer people come talk to us, not to ask for permission, but to ensure the PMF picks a system that allows them a viable chance. We don't think it is very fun for a new PMF to find themselves in an area already dominated by other player groups with much more experience and resources.
Every other player faction that I know of are easily spotted and avoided when planning a new PMF entering the fray.
You are not.
It's only because I am aware of you and your PSF ways that my friends are aware of you, and only by chance that our conversation about you even occurred.
As I said before, without a prominent, public, and comprehensive list of your PSFs clause 5 of your statement remains untenable, unfair, and prohibitive to new player groups, in particular ones who aren't aware of you (i.e. they've researched PMFs)
I have no real issue with supporting rather than managing, but I do take issue with the way you are currently doing it, in secret without any declaration of where you are active - and as I mentioned previously there is literally nothing to stop you laying claim to any system a PMF pops up in just because you like the look of it, purely by saying "Oooh, we were here first with faction X" Without that list there is no way to prove one way or the other, and that stacks the dice hugely in your favour, which does not support your claim of being some kind of bgs benefactor.
This is my last comment on the matter, feel free to heed or ignore what I've said.
See you in the black (assuming you're also 15,000LY out!)

We are of course not going to publish a list during the current circumstances and provide our opponents with a target list.

I've got a list.

Here's how it works:
Not all of these are recognised PMFs. But they are all huge. So someone is looking after each of them.
So - If you set up shop in one of their systems, or you camp next door. . .

Well, I guess you don't HAVE to "ask permission" -

But I wonder if you would think it wise to set yourself up in opposition to the Workers Of Mainite Labour Union?
Ruling 27 systems - owning 47 stations. Do you think it looks like someone cares for this faction?
How big do you think the organisation that looks after that faction actually is?
Three CMDRs? Thirty? Three hundred?
How much combined experience would they have?

And what about faction that owns more than a hundred stations?

Let me say that again - A Hundred Stations.
Is that a demonstration of organisational resilience?
Long range strategic thinking?
Would you have duplicitous enemies?
Would you have strong allies?
Would that organisation need to recruit, mentor and develop new talent?
What would it be like to be part of that organisation?

46772x2022.jpg

The AEDC works to develop the Alliance.

The Old Worlds have been a key part of that development.

Last edited:
Ok, after the inquisition, let's get back to the primary role of this thread :

If you want to join a nice and multi-cultural group working for the interests of the Alliance then you're at the good place.
Join us in our various daily activities. (attack, defense, expand, oppress everyone, painting the galaxy green!)

" Without that list there is no way to prove one way or the other, and that stacks the dice hugely in your favour, which does not support your claim of being some kind of bgs benefactor.

We dont need a list. We are the green ones.
Just join the Alliance or stay away from it and you are safe from us.

Edit: we are used to requests like yours being done in bad faith. If someone wants to talk to us, as in one adult with another, we will happily do it. But dont expect us to happily jump into traps laid out in bad faith. Our factions are well known.

Basic rule in Alliance space: Be nice or Be green. Dont think you can take away Alliance systems without resistance. You are not entitled to even a single system if you will not earn it.

Last edited:
We dont need a list. We are the green ones.
No, you're not. You're one of a number of factions calling themselves "Alliance"

Just join the Alliance or stay away from it and you are safe from us.
As I said, they would happily stay away, if they knew where to stay away from, rather than trying to second-guess where your hidden factions are.

Edit: we are used to requests like yours being done in bad faith. If someone wants to talk to us, as in one adult with another, we will happily do it. But dont expect us to happily jump into traps laid out in bad faith.
So basically you're saying that because you're paranoid my friends are expected to jump through hoops.

Our factions are well known.
Only to you - because you have "the list"

Basic rule in Alliance space: Be nice or Be green. Dont think you can take away Alliance systems without resistance. You are not entitled to even a single system if you will not earn it.
They're a noob group, looking to set up a small PMF. Why would they jump into a "Green" system - they're not stupid. What we're saying is that there's nothing to stop you supporting a non-controlling faction, in which case the system would not show as green, or, for that matter, claiming you do when you'd never even heard of the system previously.
You, in particular, epitomise the "Do it our way or not at all" attitude that makes your group look like a bunch of unpleasant control freaks who no-one would want to work with. There are many other Alliance factions that I have met both in and out of the game and none of them create such a negative impression. Maybe you should follow their lead.

You, in particular, epitomise the "Do it our way or not at all" attitude that makes your group look like a bunch of unpleasant control freaks who no-one would want to work with. There are many other Alliance factions that I have met both in and out of the game and none of them create such a negative impression. Maybe you should follow their lead.

I dont care how you look at my group. You have your mind made up, come here and ask things you can interpret in the most negative way. And i've been through that too often to have the patience to answer nicely when this happens.

Anybody can get along with us. Anybody who is reasonable. Anybody who sticks to basic principles of human decency and adult behavior. Like "Do not lie to us", or "Keep your word".

"Play our way or not at all?!". What a load of horse dung.

So, nothing new in Alliance space. Things continue to move forward slowly, our long term plans move ahead unimpeded.

If you want to join a group with adult players that find fun and constant gameplay by playing the BGS for thr Alliance, join us.

The Alliance is a mutual defense pact. A concept that is beneficial (although easy to misunderstand).

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Irrespective of anybodies personal feelings this is a recruitment thread not a general discussion thread.

If you're not looking to join a group or already part of the group then you've not really got a reason to post here.

Thanks all. :)

You do understand the meaning of the word Diplomatic don't you?

2. Diplomatic, politic, tactful imply ability to avoid offending others or hurting their feelings, especially in situations where this ability is important. Diplomatic suggests a smoothness and skill in handling others, usually in such a way as to attain one's own ends and yet avoid any unpleasantness or opposition: By diplomatic conduct he avoided antagonizing anyone. Politic emphasizes expediency or prudence in looking out for one's own interests, thus knowing how to treat people of different types and on different occasions: a truth which it is not politic to insist on. Tactful suggests a nice touch in the handling of delicate matters or situations, and, unlike the other two, often suggests a sincere desire not to hurt the feelings of others: a tactful way of correcting someone.

Just asking.

You do understand the meaning of the word Diplomatic don't you?

We exactly understand the difference between "Blaze your own trail" and "Do what other people want you to".

We blaze our own trail and allow our members to play how they want to. As long as they do not go off and grief people and give us a bad name.

When we give ourselves a bad name, its pretty much agreed upon by the whole team.

The west side and the Old Worlds are getting attacked by a coalition of unknown groups and individuals. They are attacking the Alliance in a Multitude of systems, based out of Lave, which they took first.

On the other hand the Alliance is progressing nicely and efforts to show why green is the color of hope, freedom and inidividual rights are as always progressing in a diplomatic, civilized and adult manner.

Come and join us if you want to be part of an adult international group. We facilitate advanced BGS play in GvG, PvE and occasional PvP settings.

Join the good guys in a world of evil!

Not a very big one, but there are diplomats on PS4. A lot of our working together is essentially cross-platform, though, as contributions to the BGS can be made on any platform. As long as you have a way to run Discord somewhere you will be part of the vast majority of group activities.

Top Bottom