This thread helped me through the dark lock-down days of December an January.
In fact it has inspired me to make the journey myself. I'm currently at the Omega Sector and looking forward to the Abandoned Settlements and Guardian Ruins. Thanks also for indexing the whole thread too, it makes it easier for me check if I'm missing any gems.

Excellent work Cmdr
o7

I've marked you on my 'hit-list' Mr @sgurr - having dropped onto a ridge and doing around 50km before running out...
Now I've got to find something as good as Pomeche and cuss you on every crash 🥳
:ROFLMAO: awesome. Ridges are too much fun!
and mountains, there's mountains too (and an update today btw ...)

However, if I may direct the cmdr to the:
----
Disclamer:
This post contains the ravings of SRV obsessive. Please don't let it put you off the srv, but if you find yourself in one anything you do is not my fault.
----
;)

ps. if you find yourself in the bubble come along for a drive/flyve

This thread helped me through the dark lock-down days of December an January.
In fact it has inspired me to make the journey myself. I'm currently at the Omega Sector and looking forward to the Abandoned Settlements and Guardian Ruins. Thanks also for indexing the whole thread too, it makes it easier for me check if I'm missing any gems.

Excellent work Cmdr
o7
Good travels cmdr o7

Day 37 - 27.01.3307
THE GHOST OF KRAKEN RIDGE
After watching this run, I decided to have a go at it myself while the ridge is still there, once I had a bit of spare time for it. No official entry, since I don't have video of it, but definitely worth the racing - it's an interesting track.

The first run goes pretty well until after about 20km I fly off the edge of the ridge after failing to spot a corner.

Second run starts at 9:57:50, with the star eclipsed by the gas giant giving everything a very foggy look.
Start.png

At the 60km to go mark, I take a bad bounce and make my first pitstop. The ship finds an unlandable spot the first time, so I have to nudge it away for another go. Four minutes later, I'm back on my way again...
Pitstop1.png

It all goes fairly smoothly from there, though with 25km to go I see a big pile of wreckage from one of the previous racers...
Wreckage.png

17km out, the eclipse is over and the fog is cleared, but my hull is back down to 59%, and this looks like the last decent spot for a repair ... but I could probably make it without one if I'm careful. I decide to take the repair...
Pitstop2.png

Getting up the final hill is easy enough ... but I lose a good chunk of hull after going a bit too airborne on the way down. If I hadn't repaired I'd now be down to a few percent and too close to the base to recall my ship again...
Down.png

I swing round the side of the base, down the tunnel, and come to a stop inside the base perimeter at 11:02:00 - total time 1:04:10
Finish.png

Thanks for setting this up, Alec!

Top Bottom