Hacker forum and what I learned

Still wonder how someone knew someone who was part of that group in order to be allowed into the discord. So someone's buddy was a cheater? It's a bit sketchy.
It's not really that involved, being "buddies" is not really needed based on my experience with these sort of "private cheat" circles in other games. Some of these folks will give you the keys to the kingdom after nothing more than a single, positive encounter with you. Some of them tend to be rather proud of their cheating accomplishments and are practically dieing to share the secrets.

Actually I don't really care about what other people do with their game. It's a game, and whoever wants to cheat themselves can do that in my opinion. That said, I also don't care at all about competitive gameplay and am more on a "everybody their own" side of things.
I'm actually glad I am not into PvP or powerplay or anything like that, so the only thing that concerns me a bit is what the internet makes from the whole cheating issue. It's certainly bad for the game as a whole and good to see that Frontier is able to detect people doing that, to an extend.

almost every other player i came across is using them now it seems ,the use of these hacks has risen since the release of the video's by our youtube friends

Not linked, but came out yesterday and after watching it, then coming on here, I can't help but think "Be careful what you wish for!".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bY_pPslgPE
That video looks more like a rant against anet than an informational video. I've seen games where it's tradition to cheat, use trainers and mods openly. In the same game my home connection was ddosed, same connection where my company is registered to (which in US is a federal offense), devs didn't have a care in the world. On another note in a different game that has 0 tolerance to cheaters, my account got banned while I haven't played for years, apparently account was hacked in my absence and therefore it got banned. When I contacted the support, they did a check and confirmed that it was an ip from asia and reactivated my account, the whole process took 20-30 mins. If I have to pick between risking a ban over an allowed 3rd party software and an unplayable game where even the devs ignore cheats, it's an easy choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video looks more like a rant against anet than an informational video. I've seen games where it's tradition to cheat, use trainers and mods openly. In the same game my home connection was ddosed, same connection where my company is registered to (which in US is a federal offense), devs didn't have a care in the world. On another note in a different game that has 0 tolerance to cheaters, my account got banned while I haven't played for years, apparently account was hacked in my absence and therefore it got banned. When I contacted the support, they did a check and confirmed that it was an ip from asia and reactivated my account, the whole process took 20-30 mins. If I have to pick between risking a ban over an allowed 3rd party software and an unplayable game where even the devs ignore cheats, it's an easy choice.

Until you can't play at all because you're banned for something you didn't do... maybe! It's no wonder that my National Insurance contributions are so high. ;)

Cheating at a video game is fun. Cheating at a multiplayer video game is scummy.
That is where the issue is...
You, me & many others know that cheating in multiplayer games is complete (pick cussword of choice) - 'training' offline single player games not quite so..
Sadly, there are some who cannot comprehend the difference, or really don't care, a warning then shadow ban if ignored should work nicely.
(if it is true that the Dev's have 'special' server space where cheats only get to play with other cheats - no BGS, PP, Explo credits - I'd love to be a fly on the wall there :p )

Until you can't play at all because you're banned for something you didn't do... maybe! It's no wonder that my National Insurance contributions are so high. ;)
I was banned for something I didn't do and it got resolved, so did the cases in the video. Sure some were longer wait than others but if I'm not mistaken they got an apology and compensation, much like I did in the case where I was banned wrongly. Meanwhile the case where I got ddosed in a game where devs completely ignore cheats, the entirety of the session and the group of players I was with reported the incident, all of us got ddosed so we couldn't use our own internet and most of us sent the video along with the report just to get a generic answer back and nothing was ever resolved, the game is still filled with napoleon complex players who compete who has the better cheat menu.

almost every other player i came across is using them now it seems ,the use of these hacks has risen since the release of the video's by our youtube friends

Wich is good! That means FDev might take a more serious stance on the matter, since "everyone" is using it. Once they get their wits together and actually do something, they'll permaban everyone using the tool. (well, one can hope and dream, I guess)

MDH

Wich is good! That means FDev might take a more serious stance on the matter, since "everyone" is using it. Once they get their wits together and actually do something, they'll permaban everyone using the tool. (well, one can hope and dream, I guess)

MDH

My point in starting this thread was to show FDev is taking action vs the cheaters. It's painfully obvious when you read their hacker forum. It may not be the action you want, as in not severe enough, but players are shadow banned, the tool is blocked, the arms race rages on. We don't know the half of it.

My point in starting this thread was to show FDev is taking action vs the cheaters. It's painfully obvious when you read their hacker forum. It may not be the action you want, as in not severe enough, but players are shadow banned, the tool is blocked, the arms race rages on. We don't know the half of it.

Good point, well made.

Nevertheless FDev could do significantly more to discourage cheating by publishing summarised (and anonymised) reports and reiterating what constitutes unambiguously poor behaviour and what kind of actions might fall into the significant grey area. A code of conduct is only useful if it is visibly and consistently enforced.

Good point, well made.

Nevertheless FDev could do significantly more to discourage cheating by publishing summarised (and anonymised) reports and reiterating what constitutes unambiguously poor behaviour and what kind of actions might fall into the significant grey area. A code of conduct is only useful if it is visibly and consistently enforced.

Only to face complaints of leniency and all of that. Radio silence from FD on Disciplinary actions is the most reasonable course.

Top Bottom