HOTAS Support

Yes I agree. Keyboard with key binding may be more important than HOTAS. Though I want both. :D

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Frontier has no part in this, its purely on Microsoft to not to allow Frontier to gain access.

Interesting, I suspect Sony are the same? Anyone out there know any other PS4 games which allow keyboard support outside of chat? Did Dust514 at one point? (google search, yes it did! Although that was a PS3 game actually). I *really* do hope that Frontier support Keyboard on PS4 then! Please FDev? :)

Edit: Warthunder, FFXIV and Paragon so not many on PS4..

Last edited:
So HOTAS support you say? Just for the official PS4 model, the T.Flight HOTAS 4, I noticed that *cough* another game just announced support for said model:
https://www.evevalkyrie.com/articles/news/wormholes-update-all-the-details

NEW! Flight Stick Support for Playstation 4

Another hot request since our launch on Playstation VR was for HOTAS support for the Playstation 4 stick junkies. This is now a reality! The Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS 4 is now supported as of this game update. We feel our default configuration offers a nice sweet spot between accessibility and realism. I’m sure everyone has a different version of perfect, so you can also drop into the setting menu to key bind your very own input nirvana.
And key binding too! :eek: Come on FDev, don't let the competition get one over you!

re: the discussion on is a HOTAS "better", well I got the T.Flight for crimbo, and TBH i'm struggling. I use a DualShock4 for PC Elite, and as a long time console gamer find it very comfortable, easy to remember key combos, and quick to flick the ship about.
With the HOTAS 4 it's actually harder to map all the buttons onto it (this obviously wouldn't be such a problem with a Warthog etc), and in some ways it's less precise.

I am playing in VR, so using the keyboard is tricky, and I need to map as much as possible onto whatever control input i'm using. But overall, i'm not really that impressed. I think for Ace Combat 7, War Thunder or Eve: Valkryie it may be better, as they need to map less, but I really wouldn't obsess about needing one for the PS4 version. The DS4 is completely fine.

Last edited:
Gave it a test drive tonight! THis realy is a game changer ( at least to me ) it´s a lot more imersive to use a HOTAS in VR then this silly tiny gamepad ( i belive that why it is not called a SIMpad :) ). Only thing i am still missing... the TFRP Rudder Pedal is not supported right now ( however you have the coice to use the Rudder on the Throttle or the Rudder un the Stick )

Love it! And im Sure FD will not fall back on this :) ( they even might support the Rudder Pedals, War THunder does so there is for sure now funtional restriction to this )

I had the ThrustMaster T.Flight for PC and loved playing Elite with it on PC. I got the blue ring new one that supports PS4 for Christmas. My excitement has been building for quite awhile now I just waiting on the launch on PS4. This is great news I am well beyond the return period for the flight Stick.

Likely more cash out of my pocket. I'll probably start with the DS4 to see if it works well. I have a flight stick for the PC and enjoyed using it, so I may buy the HOTAS anyways.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Likely more cash out of my pocket. I'll probably start with the DS4 to see if it works well. I have a flight stick for the PC and enjoyed using it, so I may buy the HOTAS anyways.

Same DS4 will just be more comfortable. Buying a DS4 is bad enough but HOTAS for one game. Not so sure.

Eheh you'll be glad of the option to buy one m8 ;)

They'll be plenty of xbox players switching consoles just so they can use one! 😎

Top Bottom