Mystery's continuation: New message from ''Salvation''

Salvation is an uncontrolled AI. We will need to choose whether to use him against the Thargoids – mirroring the dilemma the Guardians faced.

Perhaps he was even built using Guardian tech by one of the missing crews, and has been biding his time and learning for the past 200 years.

In the end, we'll find out Salvation tricked us and he was the OG genocidal Guardian AI all along. He'll then reveal something that puts the Thargoid conflict in a different perspective and reveal why he murdered the Guardians.

Last edited:
Salvation is an uncontrolled AI. We will need to choose whether to use him against the Thargoids – mirroring the dilemma the Guardians faced.

Perhaps he was even built using Guardian tech by one of the missing crews, and has been biding his time and learning for the past 200 years.

In the end, we'll find out Salvation tricked us and he was the OG genocidal Guardian AI all along. He'll then reveal something that puts the Thargoid conflict in a different perspective and reveal why he murdered the Guardians.
As long as he is willing to do the same he did with Guardians, to Thargoids. And let us keep the tech and clay of both. Then he has my gauss cannon.

Stupid question for those who were in deep space and couldn't partake in the initial Hesperus event.
Are we able to jump in or do we sit this one out?

Scanning the dedger does nothing other than getting the logs, same with the megaship. I recall it was time limited for the reward, I guess the same applies for participation?

Stupid question for those who were in deep space and couldn't partake in the initial Hesperus event.
Are we able to jump in or do we sit this one out?

Scanning the dedger does nothing other than getting the logs, same with the megaship. I recall it was time limited for the reward, I guess the same applies for participation?

The CMs said on stream that the 'Azimuth' saga will have a bunch of chapters (like 8 iirc?) and we're currently on chapter 2.

They also stressed that the saga is for all players. You're not locked out.

Would randomly searching within 500ly of the Hesperus be about the correct search grid? Or continuing search for 100ly from li chul? * (for first dropped listening post?)

If you're still around Li Chul, you could check local station news for additional info. IIRC that's how the original Adamastor stuff got rolling.
The big 1 had nothing. Will check others...

Edit: Have checked all landable bases on ps4, nothing.
*cheched ray's lab nothing unusual except empty classified dada bank, ( probably just missing Flavored text. )

Last edited:
Would randomly searching within 500ly of the Hesperus be about the correct search grid? Or continuing search for 100ly from li chul? * (for first dropped listening post?)
The site we're looking for should be within 400 LY of the Hesperus (100 LY max to the last beacon, 300 LY from the last beacon, and probably not in exactly the same direction). But still, that's over 250 million cubic light years so without some further clues it's unlikely to be stumbled across.

Searching around Li Chul seems most promising, with uninhabited systems either 100 LY roughly California-ward or 100 LY roughly in the direction of the edge of the bubble probably more likely than other directions.

But really, it's needle-haystack time until someone stumbles across the first one, I think...

The site we're looking for should be within 400 LY of the Hesperus (100 LY max to the last beacon, 300 LY from the last beacon, and probably not in exactly the same direction). But still, that's over 250 million cubic light years so without some further clues it's unlikely to be stumbled across.

Searching around Li Chul seems most promising, with uninhabited systems either 100 LY roughly California-ward or 100 LY roughly in the direction of the edge of the bubble probably more likely than other directions.

But really, it's needle-haystack time until someone stumbles across the first one, I think...
Is Canon involved though? They'll either get more hints or be able to more easily brute force things.

I agree with Li Chul as the possibly best bet for a start. We know where the Hesperus eventually ended up, but that is the location after being sabotaged and drifting in space for 200 years (although I doubt she had been drifting for 200 years at the speed of ~1c ;) )

So, taking Li Chul as a start and going roughly for 100 ly into the general direction of her final resting place may bring us to the first beacon and then moving ~100ly from beacon to beacon

Here's a spreadsheet Canonn already startet with, feel free to help & share! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...NRN0A5Asm2mQ3fEH9KD6UBNzU/edit#gid=1137020038 Every system 90-110ly from Li Chul is listed. We fully FSS the systems, check all asteroid belt clusters (go there & drop into it) and check the local GalNet heralds if it's inhabited.

(Btw the Canonn discord is open for everyone to join [Full access only after registration but the sciene chat, where investigation talk is going on, is free for all.] Or just lurk if you don't have a discord account)

I flew out to the Hesperus this evening from the Bubble (not having participated in this storyline before, was taking a break from ED at the time). I scanned the logs on the Hesperus and the Dredger. Really, though, looking at what I'd just flown by from the Bubble, I think there's a very good chance this ship visited the California Nebula before arriving at her final location, so looking for probes in that direction seems a reasonable starting point. No idea how to remotely find something in a belt cluster but I'd expect that beacons are something you would want to be found, so hopefully a standard FSS scan will find them.
I'm actually a bit worried this happens when I'm looking for the Alexandria - if Salvation is anti-Thargoid, it would be nice to know where a few billion credits' worth of Guardian stuff went to...

I flew out to the Hesperus this evening from the Bubble (not having participated in this storyline before, was taking a break from ED at the time). I scanned the logs on the Hesperus and the Dredger. Really, though, looking at what I'd just flown by from the Bubble, I think there's a very good chance this ship visited the California Nebula before arriving at her final location, so looking for probes in that direction seems a reasonable starting point. No idea how to remotely find something in a belt cluster but I'd expect that beacons are something you would want to be found, so hopefully a standard FSS scan will find them.
I'm actually a bit worried this happens when I'm looking for the Alexandria - if Salvation is anti-Thargoid, it would be nice to know where a few billion credits' worth of Guardian stuff went to...
point is there was also a listening post hidden in a belt cluster in the Hesperus search.. also, we don't have any clue what route it was taking. Maybe the guys who took over the ship jumped it somewhere else and then it was roaming for 200 years. Also, the new Salvation messages says we shall find all 17 LPs

Hold on: The Alexandria goes missing, and only then do we get this egg hunt. I wonder if both are in the same place?

Top Bottom