New Client broken - no Horizons?

It's not isolated. Total failure here, same with my friend / PA fellow member in Denmark. Nothing but the orange launcher endlessly asking to "log in".

Alt account on steam renders error about the download manifest, or servers unavailable, varies each time.

Mercenary Edition, post-Kickstarter, beta backer and LEP holder, have never played via Steam.

Missing Horizons.

Anyone knows why the update of the client in the first place??
Given the small size of the patch and the nature of the problems now, I think it was a purely legal thing with the accounts that they had to address. It's a strange out of place day for a patch too. Also no patch notes at all ?

Deleted member 38366

D
Hmmm... Premium Beta Backer here, non-Steam LEP holder for what it's worth.

Let's see how quickly they can fix it.

PS.
Luckily I completed my recent large Exploration trip yesterday.
Did some non-Horizons FSS for the 1st time ever and every single (!) Object has a 15+ second "Scanning" delay?
Unsure if that's normal - but if so, non-Horizons Exploration would be a total showstopper for me...
It's bad enough to have with Planets w/ Geologicals - but every single one? That'd drive me crazy in absolutely no time :p

Given the small size of the patch and the nature of the problems now, I think it was a purely legal thing with the accounts that they had to address. It's a strange out of place day for a patch too. Also no patch notes at all ?

Well the new installer was over 45MB compared to the previous one at just over 26MB so maybe it was the redistributables that needed updating.

My original order SKU was FORC-FDEV-D-1002 and I suspect any other LEP holder with the same SKU is also having issues.

I also got a key for the Oculus version of the game, which updated, and that failed to log in when launched, so presumably it's account related.

Edit: Tells me my account is not available.

There was no patch.

Well the new installer was over 45MB compared to the previous one at just over 26MB so maybe it was the redistributables that needed updating.

The new installer was only handful of KiB larger than the most recent prior version. They probably did update the redistributables, but they are still out of date, and I always uninstall the redundant version of VC++ 2005 they add. This one was no different.

Top Bottom